Sign in to follow this  

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BETA AND FINAL VERSION

Although I promised to @Loore‌ I'ld never post again, I have a question which keeps going through my mind.I bought all the games from the Codies since the PS1. All, well most of them are (were) bugged. All of them were I guess final versions ready for sale.

Well I noticed the forum here is called: CODEMASTERS FORUMS BETA.

Can somebody explain me how it comes that this forum which is still in Beta configuration is the only thing that Codemaster has made which actually works well and is actually without bugs?

I suggest Codemaster uses the team that created the forum to make their new games....

I know this post is cynical and I will have all the Codie fanboys over my head again but when I see all the posts of the poor chaps (I'm one of them) who are still waiting to get a patch for their game on consoles and that the only excuse is that's it's Sony & MS rechecking the patch.....

You Codies just had to make a game working well before selling it you ..... Grid Autosport will be a milestone in my gaming history! 'Cause it will be the last game I have ever bought from Codemaster! Over my dead body!

berre said:

Well I noticed the forum here is called: CODEMASTERS FORUMS BETA.

Can somebody explain me how it comes that this forum which is still in Beta configuration is the only thing that Codemaster has made which actually works well and is actually without bugs?

The reason why it is called beta is because they still make changes to the forum, it is still under development.  As an example they recently changed the way you can post an image on the forum. 

Since they made this change it  is actually bugged :-) and  i find it very annoying....if i want to post an image i can choose one from my pc folder or i can fill in a http address but both don´t work in my case. I always have to go to the html view to enter my images in order to get it to work.

Also what i think is very annoying but not a bug is that you have to scroll down the entire page to go to the next, why is there no page  number on top of the threads, it would make it a lot easier go through the pages.

@hoonhead‌ I fully agree with you, so in fact with that apparently unfixable corrupted save issue (as I wrote that pc-gamers still have it after being patched) and that there are more bugs than in their Beta-forum they (the codies) should have called their last game Grid Autosport Alfa?  o:)

''Whats the difference between BETA and Final Version?''

Codemasters......''There's a difference''?

I don't know what is wrong with Codemasters lately. Don't get me wrong i like the games they make (see my website, i am a dedicaded fan) and have no issues with bugs etc because i rarely play online due to rammers and cheaters etc. but a few years back Codemasters made a change and went all in for race games. I think if you are a race game oriented game company you cannot deliver a game that has no decent rear view mirrors or decent cockpit view. 

I know they probably will make a huge comeback with the upcoming F1 2015 Next gen game and with the upcoming DiRT4 next gen game but a car race game is more then just looking pretty.

What i miss the most is the true motorsport feeling. I'd rather have a less good looking game but a true motorsport feeling then the other way around. Codemasters advertises with people that are working in skyscrapers in the background of the tracks.......uhhhh.....very cool but i am racing, i don't look at them and i actually don't care, i'd rather see details like that in my cockpit or on the road where it matters if it comes to true motorsport.

Here are some of my pros and cons for GRID Autosport:

Pros:
- the game looks very good as they always do with Codemasters, 10+
- car handling is very good, especially the formula c is awesome, 10+
- nice tracks and cars, 8+

Cons:
- still have to press to many times OK to get where i wanne be, racing

- Still to many loading screens

- if you choose a car  it takes to long to load the car in the preview menu and also if you wanne look at the car i wanne change the angle with my controller so i can see the car from every angle. This is also handy when you wanne create a screenshot. (all of this in the menu select area)

- in custom races my teammate is always, always driving on the first spot so i always have to race him to win the events, this is annoying and not realistic unless your name is Vettel or Hamilton :-)

- The ai is way to aggressive, in real life there would be a lot off black flags.

- those team liveries (intel, kicker etc) i have seen them by now, not sure about this but since DiRT2 the same brands over and over again, it gets boring and that is where the true motorsport feeling comes in. Because of these liveries (i understand why Codemasters uses them btw) and the lack of true real life liveries i miss the true motorsport feeling (think of F1 games vs GRID/DiRT games). I think having a true motorsport feeling is essential for a race game.

- not having a cockpit view or rear view mirrors......what is a race game company thinking......ahh only 5% uses the cockpit view.....a race car game with race cars NEED rear view  mirrors and a awesome looking cockpit just because it is a part of the car. Cutting corners on things like this, for whatever reason, is a no go for a company like Codemasters. 

- The menu should be different, if you are in the menu you should be able to see in one go what is choosen (car, track) so you don't have to go to the track selection to see what is randomly chosen this time.

- as a modder i have an issue with the lack of editing the game, with every game it gets harder to edit the game. I understand why maybe game developers don't want you to do it but to build up a large community that actually can improve the game is always a good thing. Look at Assetto Corsa, the game is not yet released in full state and already a ton of awesome liveries and mods are made by the community. You can really see a good vibe between the game builders and the community. The game also last longer wich can be good for sale for the game company. Codemasters GRID2 game had a very short lifetime, so they made GRID Autosport to fix that but i doubt it had the outcome Codemasters expected.

- dlc....i like dlc if it were actually dlc, Codemasters just charges you for something that often is already in the game and was done at the release of the game. I can know cos as a modder i always sift thru the files and then come across files that later turn out to be dlc. Another example, many years back you had game in which you can change the body kit of every  car in any way you liked for free, nowadays if you want a gt3 version you have to buy the dlc and then you get an extra wing with some extra bhp.

- the lack of the possibility to edit the dlc cars safely although there is a very easy solution for it. Protect the 3D and other files like they do know but but the liveries in the cars map like all the others.

-  i guess i forgot a few things.... :-)

Anyway i will keep on buying their games but i recently saw the Project Cars game, man that just looks awesome, i am a little bit afraid if Codemasters doesn't fix their problems soon many companies will pass them left and right and that would be a shame cos Codemasters (founded 1986 you mind) is still an awesome company that only has a slight identity issue if you aske me.

hoonhead said:

I don't know what is wrong with Codemasters lately.

They just want to make money( instead of making race games) by "milking" the gamers. They use the copy/paste action and they add a number at their games, it's the only thing that change, they are becoming so cheap they even copy the bugs of previous games, and they also discover the Disc Locked Content which was invented by Activision with "Modern Warfare" if I remember well.... They don't care anymore to know if their customers are satisfied or not as they didn't had any competitors in their segment on PS3 f.e. Seeing what is coming to PS4 I'm affraid they will have to make enormous efforts if they just want to survive.....

hoonhead said:

I don't know what is wrong with Codemasters lately. Don't get me wrong i like the games they make (see my website, i am a dedicaded fan) and have no issues with bugs etc because i rarely play online due to rammers and cheaters etc. but a few years back Codemasters made a change and went all in for race games. I think if you are a race game oriented game company you cannot deliver a game that has no decent rear view mirrors or decent cockpit view. 

I know they probably will make a huge comeback with the upcoming F1 2015 Next gen game and with the upcoming DiRT4 next gen game but a car race game is more then just looking pretty.

What i miss the most is the true motorsport feeling. I'd rather have a less good looking game but a true motorsport feeling then the other way around. Codemasters advertises with people that are working in skyscrapers in the background of the tracks.......uhhhh.....very cool but i am racing, i don't look at them and i actually don't care, i'd rather see details like that in my cockpit or on the road where it matters if it comes to true motorsport.

Here are some of my pros and cons for GRID Autosport:

Pros:
- the game looks very good as they always do with Codemasters, 10+
- car handling is very good, especially the formula c is awesome, 10+
- nice tracks and cars, 8+

Cons:
- still have to press to many times OK to get where i wanne be, racing

- Still to many loading screens

- if you choose a car  it takes to long to load the car in the preview menu and also if you wanne look at the car i wanne change the angle with my controller so i can see the car from every angle. This is also handy when you wanne create a screenshot. (all of this in the menu select area)

- in custom races my teammate is always, always driving on the first spot so i always have to race him to win the events, this is annoying and not realistic unless your name is Vettel or Hamilton :-)

- The ai is way to aggressive, in real life there would be a lot off black flags.

- those team liveries (intel, kicker etc) i have seen them by now, not sure about this but since DiRT2 the same brands over and over again, it gets boring and that is where the true motorsport feeling comes in. Because of these liveries (i understand why Codemasters uses them btw) and the lack of true real life liveries i miss the true motorsport feeling (think of F1 games vs GRID/DiRT games). I think having a true motorsport feeling is essential for a race game.

- not having a cockpit view or rear view mirrors......what is a race game company thinking......ahh only 5% uses the cockpit view.....a race car game with race cars NEED rear view  mirrors and a awesome looking cockpit just because it is a part of the car. Cutting corners on things like this, for whatever reason, is a no go for a company like Codemasters. 

- The menu should be different, if you are in the menu you should be able to see in one go what is choosen (car, track) so you don't have to go to the track selection to see what is randomly chosen this time.

- as a modder i have an issue with the lack of editing the game, with every game it gets harder to edit the game. I understand why maybe game developers don't want you to do it but to build up a large community that actually can improve the game is always a good thing. Look at Assetto Corsa, the game is not yet released in full state and already a ton of awesome liveries and mods are made by the community. You can really see a good vibe between the game builders and the community. The game also last longer wich can be good for sale for the game company. Codemasters GRID2 game had a very short lifetime, so they made GRID Autosport to fix that but i doubt it had the outcome Codemasters expected.

- dlc....i like dlc if it were actually dlc, Codemasters just charges you for something that often is already in the game and was done at the release of the game. I can know cos as a modder i always sift thru the files and then come across files that later turn out to be dlc. Another example, many years back you had game in which you can change the body kit of every  car in any way you liked for free, nowadays if you want a gt3 version you have to buy the dlc and then you get an extra wing with some extra bhp.

- the lack of the possibility to edit the dlc cars safely although there is a very easy solution for it. Protect the 3D and other files like they do know but but the liveries in the cars map like all the others.

-  i guess i forgot a few things.... :-)

Anyway i will keep on buying their games but i recently saw the Project Cars game, man that just looks awesome, i am a little bit afraid if Codemasters doesn't fix their problems soon many companies will pass them left and right and that would be a shame cos Codemasters (founded 1986 you mind) is still an awesome company that only has a slight identity issue if you aske me.

ProjectCARS seems right what your looking for. 11/30/14 release date just a fyi, for ps4 , Xbox one and PC. .

They'd rather the game (not cars) looked good rather than work. What's the point in the planes and helicopters at race circuits and balloons at street circuits? I also noticed for the 1st time what appears to be the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran with traffic going across at the race results screen. I for one have never noticed the bridge while racing, so I don't see the point in the traffic

"The reason why it is called beta is because they still make changes to the forum, it is still under development"

Then if you follow this logic the game must be in BETA as well...