Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 OVO Canadian Grand Prix / 2017 Grand Poutine du Canada

I'm convinced Honda are trolling Alonso now. "Oh, you're about to challenge for the win in your first Indy 500 with a few laps left? Lol, nope." "Oh what's that? You're going to score an impossible point 2 laps from the end?  Again? LOL. No."

They need to bring Jenson back so he can run around the track in place of the car. He's more likely to finish as well as go faster down a straight on foot.

VetteIfan said:
Given that Verstappen retired, Kimi ran into issues and Perez decided to be d ick of the day, Vettel has been gifted quite a few points aswell today. ;)
All Vettel was gifted today was a swipe at his front wing in turn 1. Without that all of those circumstances would've been irrelevant.

But that's racing. With how tight T1 is, sometimes these things do happen. Also, he could've avoided this with a better start. It's p4 when it might have been P7 or P6, not too unlucky imo.
Or it's P4 when it might have been P1 or P2 had he not needed a new wing  >:)
I doubt anyone was able to beat Lewis yesterday. The guy was on another planet. Making his US work for more than 30 laps, then setting the fastest lap on worn SS while Vettel was on much fresher US and with no traffic right after his second stop.

VetteIfan said:
Given that Verstappen retired, Kimi ran into issues and Perez decided to be d ick of the day, Vettel has been gifted quite a few points aswell today. ;)
All Vettel was gifted today was a swipe at his front wing in turn 1. Without that all of those circumstances would've been irrelevant.

But that's racing. With how tight T1 is, sometimes these things do happen. Also, he could've avoided this with a better start. It's p4 when it might have been P7 or P6, not too unlucky imo.
Or it's P4 when it might have been P1 or P2 had he not needed a new wing  >:)
I doubt anyone was able to beat Lewis yesterday. The guy was on another planet. Making his US work for more than 30 laps, then setting the fastest lap on worn SS while Vettel was on much fresher US and with no traffic right after his second stop.
Keep in mind that Seb had a damaged floor, so comparing time between the two is a bit unfair.

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/873976249328205824

He wasn't able to outrace him in China and Spain...

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree at this point. I stick to my prediction that the driver who has been flawless all weekend on one of his strongest and most successful circuits with a car that wasn't having troubles with the tyres for once wouldn't have had any troubles winning the race despite Vettel having a normal first lap.

Absolutely, I think Hamilton still would have won. But absent Vettel's lap one troubles (or failure to bring him in under safety car) I think he at least might have made it interesting. 

I was really just being cheeky with my comment. I think had he not needed to change wings I think he could have been battling for P2 and not clawing his way back to P4. 

A few more images showcasing the damage:
https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status/874276902994944001

And seeing as Kimi also ran into problems, it is just impossible to tell if the Ferrari's could have challenged for the win. Maybe not. Canada is high speed circuit which still favours Mercedes, but then again, so was Russia and we know how close that race was.

All I'm saying is, of course Lewis was going to have a trouble-free race. His nearest rival was out of the picture and as much as Mercedes likes to say that they are now apparently 'underdogs', they still have at the very least the 2nd best car on bad days and the absolut best on good days.