Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Intel Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu19kNuYSYI

This week signals the start of the Intel Challenge, an event that will take place over two weeks with the fastest drivers on all three platforms (PC, PS3 and Xbox 360) being awarded prizes based on their final standings.

Taking part is easy, simply fire up GRID Autosport, head into the RaceNet Challenge section within Multiplayer and enter the events located within the Party Mode section.

The Events

Week 1 // Open Wheel – Formula B – Race – Jarama

Week 2 // Touring Cars – Super Utes – Race – Bathurst

The winners will be the top ten eligible placed drivers, scored by aggregating the two weekly challenges, on each format. All winners will be notified via the email address associated with their RaceNet account.

The Prizes

1st – Fang Mini Ultra Small Form Factor Mini PC
2nd – Asus T100 Tablet
3rd – Sparco Goodie Bag
4th – Razer Kraken Headphones
5th – GRID Autosport, GRID 2 and Race Driver GRID Pack
6th – Razer Mousemat
7th – Razer Ear Bud Headphones
8th – Codemasters Goodie Bag
9th – DLC Pack, Best of British
10th – DLC Pack, Boost Pack

The Competition is open to residents of the UK, US* and Canada.
*Eligibility excludes residents of AZ, CT, MD, ND, TN, NJ, VT and where prohibited by law.

To track your progress and for full terms and conditions visit gridgame.com/intelchallenge

Given some of the questionable results that have already been posted in prior public RaceNet challenges for Grid AutoSport, how rigorously will CodeMasters police the posted times for this Intel Challenge to prevent invalid entries (due to glitches, cheats, etc.)?

Operator1 said:

Given some of the questionable results that have already been posted in prior public RaceNet challenges for Grid AutoSport, how rigorously will CodeMasters police the posted times for this Intel Challenge to prevent invalid entries (due to glitches, cheats, etc.)?

+1 to this. It makes the whole thing pointless if CM don't pull any dodgy results. 

ganjiry said:
Operator1 said:

+1 to this. It makes the whole thing pointless if CM don't pull any dodgy results. 

We'll be going over the results with a fine tooth comb :)

If these Intel Challenge RaceNet events allow players to use cars they own & upgraded, how are those of us affected by Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt game save defect (not yet patched on consoles) supposed to have a fair chance with loaner cars against upgraded & tuned cars when we can't build up the credits & XP needed to buy & fully upgrade the required cars before our saves get corrupted?

...This week signals the start of the Intel Challenge...

...fire up GRID Autosport, head into the RaceNet Challenge section within Multiplayer and enter the events located within the Party Mode section...

Week 1 // Open Wheel – Formula B – Time Trial – Jarama...

You've listed this week's Intel Challenge as a Time Trial, but the Open Wheel Formula B RaceNet event at Jarama in this week's Party Mode category currently a Race in-game on the Xbox 360 (not a Time Trial).

Operator1 said:

If these Intel Challenge RaceNet events allow players to use cars they own & upgraded, how are those of us affected by Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt game save defect (not yet patched on consoles) supposed to have a fair chance with loaner cars against upgraded & tuned cars when we can't build up the credits & XP needed to buy & fully upgrade the required cars before our saves get corrupted?

I've posted a similar query over in the Grid General Discussion section. It just gets ignored by anyone at Codemasters. I'm really disappointed with how they're handling this so called Competition, if you can even call it that. It's not a fair playing field, everyone knows that. 

Noticed that there is a difference in the top times on the Intel Challenge page and the RaceNet challenge page.

https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid-autosport/intel-challenge
https://racenet.codemasters.com/grid-autosport/racenet-challenge#/promotional

Notice how there are some fast times in the RaceNet page that are not featured in the Intel page? Maybe something to do with people who are excluded due to location or whatever. Anyway i think thats as quick as i can get without levelling up more :/

Also noticed the top time on the Racenet page has got to be a cheat, 1:09 a lap? I dont think so.

ganjiry said:
Operator1 said:

We'll be going over the results with a fine tooth comb :)

This is good news.. multiple gamertags on the same I.p address would be unfair .. and very sad in a very cool comp like this ... which is ace to see codmasters-racenet do for us racers n time seters big respect to you all for making this a little more worth while uk e sports wach this space :) From all at oTRAo /TEAM RED ARROWS , Thanks dj.

I want to know what happens if lets say 2 people in the same household and each person on seperate accounts was both in the top ten. Do they both win prizes? Or is that classed as cheating and you have to only do one account per household?  How can you detect people making multiple accounts to win multiple prizes?

I want to know that happens if lets say 2 people in the same household and each person on seperate accounts was both in the top ten. Do they both win prizes? Or is that classed as cheating and you have to only do one account per household?

Maby it's one entry per household...but not to sure it would be fair that way..let's just enjoy and not worry ur 2nd at this time which is good so well done Ryan respect. I want the sparco stuff lol... Good luck.

I want to know that happens if lets say 2 people in the same household and each person on seperate accounts was both in the top ten. Do they both win prizes? Or is that classed as cheating and you have to only do one account per household?

Maby it's one entry per household...but not to sure it would be fair that way..let's just enjoy and not worry ur 2nd at this time which is good so well done Ryan respect. I want the sparco stuff lol... Good luck.

I hope the super utes on Mount Panorama give me all the luck I need and that to win the mini pc lol. Just 0.455 secs slower than first easily clawable on the second intel challenge =)

I feel sorry for 5th place. Getting a game they obviously already own, Grid 2 that most people have probably played and still own and RD Grid will be ok for people who didn't play it

I feel sorry for 5th place. Getting a game they obviously already own, Grid 2 that most people have probably played and still own and RD Grid will be ok for people who didn't play it

Well it don't matter if you win by inch or a mile winning is winning lol.... I'll take any prize who knows what's to come in the future... fanatec wheels ? Lol...

Well it don't matter if you win by inch or a mile winning is winning lol.... I'll take any prize who knows what's to come in the future... fanatec wheels ? Lol...

Hey Dom, teach me your skills

We will help you if you join the party with us me LeedsryanoTRAo and DJMSTERoTRAo

Any time on Xbox360 oTRAo allways here to try make you faster ;) Setups so on give me a shout Dj.

I love that the fastest time on each platform is so close but the xbox is slowest at the moment not good news for xbox gamers =(

Ps3 always faster times .I.e dirt3 Times you never get on 360 ..