Jump to content Jump to content

Dirt 4 / Logitech Driving Force GT

TuliRally

@TuliRally
Thanks for everything you are doing with me. Trying to help. Thank you for your patience ;) But i left Dirt 4 aside. Now i am playing Richard Burns Rally. After the latest D4 update my prefererences on Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally won't save. So, for now, i will not play those tittles till they fix it.
Thanks a lot for everything ;) 

No problem! I learned something new too :) Probably going to play RBR again myself too a lot more. There is so much content with modding for it. Now i wish how to make my own championships, using my selected tracks and having repairs between stages while having AI against me. 
Maybe i should test online championships for the first time.
TuliRally said:
@TuliRally
Thanks for everything you are doing with me. Trying to help. Thank you for your patience ;) But i left Dirt 4 aside. Now i am playing Richard Burns Rally. After the latest D4 update my prefererences on Dirt 4 and Dirt Rally won't save. So, for now, i will not play those tittles till they fix it.
Thanks a lot for everything ;) 

No problem! I learned something new too :) Probably going to play RBR again myself too a lot more. There is so much content with modding for it. Now i wish how to make my own championships, using my selected tracks and having repairs between stages while having AI against me. 
Maybe i should test online championships for the first time.
I don't know how to do championships and i don't see anyone doing them. I'm bored with the game. I supposed it would be like Dirt Rally or better, but no. Thanks for your help :)
  • 2 weeks later...
TuliRally said:
@TuliRally
Can you tell me what are your settings for Richard Burns Rally, please? Thanks.

First i want to mention that after you talked about need to be using 30% SAT with my settings, i tried it my self. Then i went to watch some more onboards to see examples. While using 30% SAT My wheel felt light at first but it drove quite nicely so i tested some more.. and had to put some more higher values. 55 % SAT etc..

Well today i had time to see what settings i had in RBR, because have not played it for 9 months. 
My Logitech Profiler settings were
▪OES / SES / DES @ 110%
▪Centering spring @ 35
▪Rotation was 635°

▪Ingame FFB was at middle (10 steps), but felt good in up or down a little.
I think you should try it with 5 steps if you like it lighter.
It felt really nice and i also use
▪792° from the in game tuning, springs>steering> steerinc lock but probably will work better with 635°

Then i tested D4. Wow... i dont know if something has been awol with my profiler but it felt heavier than before (even yesterday). I started to wonder if my earlier setup was too heavy for you because my wheel was not somehow working peoperly.. need to test his more tomorrow.

Then i put similarly settings as i had in RBR to D4:
▪Profiler same as in rbr
▪In-game D4:
▪SAT 30
▪Tyre feiction 30
▪Everything else 100

It felt almost similar to RBR and really nice (not so raw but that might be achievable, by lowering wheel friction etc..)

Conclusion:
RBR has really nice raw FFB and it acts really similarly to RL onboards..

D4 was really good too now with same settings.
No soft lock and set  rotation from profiler to 635° (important changes for me.)
Keep SAT and tyre friction same amount and those +-5% to centering spring.

I suggest you to try these settings and also to test changing SAT & tyre friction & centering spring to a lower value (20% etc) for a lighter feel

I'm happy with these new settings for now!

Sorry for any misspellings.. too tired to write
Hello @TuliRally
I'm going to try these settings and i let you know how it feels.

Archived