Sign in to follow this  

Racenet Challenge - Party Mode this week is bugged. Own cars allowed!!?

As per the title. Each week I've been entering the racenet challenges, and the party mode has always been loan car only. No tuning, giving a level playing field amongst all players.

This week it appears that you can buy your Own Lola to race around with. This is rather unfair, why the sudden change? I don't have an upgraded Lola, and I've no intention of spending the entire week ranking it up in a bid to get amongst the Top 5 racers on the leaderboard for the Intel Prizes.

Party challenge has always been loan car only. I guess since this isn't consisted party, owned cars are allowed. 

if owned cars are allowed, it should at least give you the ability to level the car up inside the event.

Jerrymackturner - Party Mode events have always been with Loan cars ONLY as TUSMBOX mentioned, As DLT222 has said, if they're going to allow you to use your own car for this Intel Challenge then at least give some form of reward for Winning each time? At the moment, the race ends, and you go back to the Racenet challenge screen having earned no money or XP.

This simply isn't a fair playing field for all players, New players to the game, or players such as myself who haven't driven the Formula B very often in Online races (Because it never appears in the playlists..) are now left handicapped.

I simply don't have the time to spend a week grinding my way through races to upgrade a car unnecessarily. Racing competitions should be kept simple, with the bare minimum of variables, a fair playing field for all, same car, same track. At the moment this Intel Challenge just rewards those who have flooded hours and hours into the game, and just so happen to have a fully modded Formula B car.

Also, given the $0 glitch -- anyone who has a glitched Formula B or the UTES for next week, would be at a serious dis-advantage.  It would be pointless them entering.  If you're going to put up prizes, then I believe it should be a level-playing ground.  

At the very least, if you're changing it from Party Mode to Time Trial -- then it should give rewards at the end of the race.  Thus enabling players to level-up the car to become more competitive and stand a chance at winning something.

Although, going that route has potential to open up a can of worms -- plus you're killing your action by not having somewhere to go later in the year. 

I'm convinced you should keep it simple -- loan car only. 

Hopefully, CM are looking into this -- justbiglee posted a messege last night -- so I'm hopeful something will be done.

Whaaaaat!??  You can use your own car!!??  I've been banging around that track wondering how the top guy is 4 secs faster than me in the same car.... 

You still have to have skill. I practiced that track and my Lola for 2 hours last week and I can only run a 3:55.9 with my level 44 Car LoL So New players with skill can probably still compete, but you have to get through the AI first. 

Getting through the AI is the biggest time saver. Imo, upgrades make the cars a tiny bit faster but not much. The time comes from skill and a decent set up

You still have to have skill. I practiced that track and my Lola for 2 hours last week and I can only run a 3:55.9 with my level 44 Car LoL So New players with skill can probably still compete, but you have to get through the AI first. 

I managed a 3.49.9 with the loaner so hopefully go a bit faster once its ranked up.  The AI is fine if you can get to at least 3rd in the first corner - I just charge up the inside and push my way past.

3.51.444 is the quickest I can do with the Loaner car.  That's with passing the A.I up the inside at the first corner, I can't go any quicker.

Unfortunately it looks like nobody from Codemasters can be bothered to reply to my query. 

TaKeNuk said:

3.51.444 is the quickest I can do with the Loaner car.  That's with passing the A.I up the inside at the first corner, I can't go any quicker.

Unfortunately it looks like nobody from Codemasters can be bothered to reply to my query. 

Have you asked @justbiglee‌ this question? 

Yep. I sent him a message directly yesterday. He has been posting on the forums since then.