Jump to content Jump to content

Force Feedback on straights

I forgot to open this little recurring nugget this year, but how's about a "tiny" bit more resistance to turn when driving in a straight line Codies? 

If I ever have friends around and show them "this really good F1 game" I've got, the first thing they do when taking the wheel is throw the car about all over the track. I then explain to them that in a straight line you have to hold the wheel like you're holding a butterfly by the wings trying not to damage it, but it's a joke really and something we're so used to we've given up complaining.

With PC versions I know there is an XML file you can hack to put in a "MinimumForceFeedback" parameter or something and that if you give it any number over about 0.01 it indices understeer, but really this is more an admission of the physics being wrong if it can't be tuned to work.

So yeah, some resistance to turn on straights please CM.  

This is another reason not to buy a console, just get f1 for pc.

It is a reason not to buy console, but it's also a bad reason - we shouldn't have to buy PC just so we can fix it.

This isnt really codemasters fault, consoles dont have a fetaure to edit rotation and so on like a pc can, so you can fix this on a pc but not on console.

HennoGarvie said:

It is a reason not to buy console, but it's also a bad reason - we shouldn't have to buy PC just so we can fix it.

This isnt really codemasters fault, consoles dont have a fetaure to edit rotation and so on like a pc can, so you can fix this on a pc but not on console.

It shouldn't need fixing - it should be right in the first place, so it is Codies' fault. When you drive any car in a straight line on tarmac, there is some resistance to turning so the default FFB in a straight line should have some resistance. 

BobbyDeacs said:

HennoGarvie said:

It shouldn't need fixing - it should be right in the first place, so it is Codies' fault. When you drive any car in a straight line on tarmac, there is some resistance to turning so the default FFB in a straight line should have some resistance. 

What im trying to say here is you have chosen the way of the peasant and you have disgraced the glorious pc master race.