Jump to content Jump to content

One thing why am I really scared about F1 2015

I'm really looking forward to F1 2015 becuase I will not buy F1 2014 as it seems same as F1 2013. But F1 2015 will be released earlier and I'm really scared about car handling and car performance when Codemasters will have no time to watch how different cars are behaving on track. I know there will be updates throughout the season but still-can someane guarantee me that I will have real F1 experience on day-one if I will pre-order the game?

I'm really looking forward to F1 2015 becuase I will not buy F1 2014 as it seems same as F1 2013. But F1 2015 will be released earlier and I'm really scared about car handling and car performance when Codemasters will have no time to watch how different cars are behaving on track. I know there will be updates throughout the season but still-can someane guarantee me that I will have real F1 experience on day-one if I will pre-order the game?

To be fair when have they ever got car differences realistically correct anyway? All they do is make the best car have the least understeer and the worst car the most understeer, and the rest of the teams filter somewhere in between. If one car in real life has bad traction or terrible rear grip or is bad on its tyres they don't factor that into the game. Its a very dumbed down may of making the cars different.

It wouldn't surprise me if the next gen game releases with the 2014 season with which they should have got the pecking order relatively accurate and then add the 2015 season on to the game as it goes along (effectively giving us 2 full seasons which is why I think they're refusing to name the next gen game yet as they then can't call it "F1 2015").

I would imagine that with next gen as well they will be able to do more with car behaviour such as one team being good around high downforce tracks but not so good on low downforce tracks etc. I would be surprised if that wasn't the case.

Codemasters have never made a sim with realistic handling, so I wouldn't worry about it.  Real world 2015 handling will be similar to real world 2014 handling though, so I don't think Codemasters will need to do anything dramatic with F1 2015.

They'll surely include performance tweaks in patches to match the car performance to the 2015 season.  I expect the patches to be for that, tire compound updates, and the usual bug fixes.  Maybe not much else....

I agree the update system I think is an idea to take advantage of the way gami9ng systems operate nowadays as they rely more  on online connections now to work unlike their predecessors and because of this it'll help CM adjust and update things on the fly should any changes be required or needed so I don't see anything we should worry about.

I just expect these updates to break the game like the steam patches of f1 2013 - they couldnt even fix the fps bug. Bugmasters cant do updates, they just dont work, the less updates/patches the better.

Oh and its a bad idea releasing the game at the start of the season too, I prefer them releasing october time when they have all relevant data, if it was another dev then maybe the start of the season would be a better release point however like I said above bugmasters cant do updates.

Releasing the game at the start of the season is the best thing Codemasters have EVER done.  Every single other sports franchise releases their new game at the start of the season.  Look at EA Sports, 2K Sports - always at the start of the season.  It was one of the weirdest things about Codemastes that they didn't do this.  It's when interest is at it's highest, and everyone wants to play the game and follow along with the current season.   No one is thinking much about Formula 1 during the winter months, so this will make the game much more relevant to have the release coincide with the start of the real world Formula 1 season.

I just expect these updates to break the game like the steam patches of f1 2013 - they couldnt even fix the fps bug. Bugmasters cant do updates, they just dont work, the less updates/patches the better.

Oh and its a bad idea releasing the game at the start of the season too, I prefer them releasing october time when they have all relevant data, if it was another dev then maybe the start of the season would be a better release point however like I said above bugmasters cant do updates.

I agree, as mods won't even be available for pc until all these updates / fixes are done.

As others have said Codemasters never got this right anyway, and probably have no intention to for the future. Take 2013 for example, Mercedes were quick in quali but had horrible rear tyre wear, Ferrari started the season strong then completely faded away once the tyres changed mid season, Red Bull dominated after the tyres changed mid season, and Lotus didnt quite have the raw pace to fight for a Championship but had a great front end and was very kind to its tyres...

None of these features were evident in Codemasters rendition of the season. More often than not Chilton finishes ahead of the Caterhams, the same guy who in real life usually gets lapped by his team mate.

I know this would not ever happen, but it would be nice if they got rid of the skill levels, and just had say a pace rating, up to 120% pace.  I remember the old Nascar Racing series for PC had that slider and it was awesome.  But it could do one better and have that slider available for every team, so one could decide if you want the grid to be tight, or realistic with Merc decidedly faster. OR have it unrealistic and have everyone trying to catch Chilton :P:P:P

NickDahy said:

Codmasters needs to realize that customization helps everyone out because no one has the same tastes, thats how you can sell a game.

agreed. if you want that it shouldn't affect anyone else as everyone is different and everyone wants different things. the more options codemasters gove us, the better the game will be and the more the game will sell, meaning the next game will have more investment and will be a better game and the process gets better each year.

^ amen. Instead Codemasters want to have full control of everything, they remind me of Apple. I dont know about you guys but on my game Codemasters have actually made Chilton one of the star drivers, he outqualifies Maldonado, Bottas, Ricciardo, Sutil, Grosjean, and Gutierrez at various events. 

MUZZARIOL said:

^ amen. Instead Codemasters want to have full control of everything, they remind me of Apple. I dont know about you guys but on my game Codemasters have actually made Chilton one of the star drivers, he outqualifies Maldonado, Bottas, Ricciardo, Sutil, Grosjean, and Gutierrez at various events. 

I'm sure Codemasters would like to have full control of everything, but time and time again they've told us that they can't do things because there hands are tied with FOM and licensing issues. They can't give people the option to make custom helmets because what if someone creates Alonso's helmet, changes their name to Fernando Alonso, and then drives for Caterham. It's not as simple as "I want a helmet editor and I want it now".

Also I've never seen Chilton make it outside of the first qualifying session unless it rains midway through a session and Chilton has already put a lap in before the rain.

NickDahy said:

Codmasters needs to realize that customization helps everyone out because no one has the same tastes, thats how you can sell a game.

agreed. if you want that it shouldn't affect anyone else as everyone is different and everyone wants different things. the more options codemasters gove us, the better the game will be and the more the game will sell, meaning the next game will have more investment and will be a better game and the process gets better each year.

[Citation needed]

There is no gurantee that a good game will sell, games like Tomb Raider (which I thought was trash, but it got positive reviews), Hitman, and Sleeping Dogs were all financial failures according to publishers
As well as Resident Evil 6 (inb4 RE6 was a bad game, it wasn't) according to Capcom was a financial failure, a game which had more content than any other game in the series.
Yet games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, and Fifa are churning out the same game year on year out with small improvements are raking it in, and later itterations of the Call of Duty and Battlefield games are starting to recieve negative reactions from communities for being worse than their previous titles, but are still making a load of money.

The game industry is not as simple as, give us more content, you'll sell more, gee it's obvious, how can you developers not realise this. There are things such as budgets and deadlines which companies have to meet. I'm not saying Codemasters are totally void of any criticism, but I am sick to death of people saying. Why don't you give us more content? Why don't you work harder? Why don't you make a better game? You do know it would sell more.

These are people who have been working in the industry for a long time, they're not brain dead

Edit: Another note on games, The Elder Scroll series, has been getting watered down with each installment with more and more features being taken out. Off the top of my head, Skyrim removed the class system, removed a bunch of skills and shoe horned them into other ones. Nerfed the hell out of magic, even stopping you from creating your own spells.
As well as the combat was the same as in Oblivion, just updated and prettier. Yet Skyrim is one of the best selling games.