Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt 4 analog handbrake option?

Trying to setup my thrustmaster shifter for analog handbrake just like in Dirt Rally. I it doesn't even recognize my shifter or let me assign anything to it

Thats kinba strange as im using a Fanatec Analogue Handbrake and the game recognises it fine. Under your device input, scroll through past your wheel and you should see the TH8A listed, then go into mappings and just set for keybind for handbrake only

I'm wondering if it's because my shifter is plugged in via USB and not directly to the back of the wheel
A few other people had this issue, and if it's plugged in with USB it should register as it's own device. I've also got a Fanatec and it initially really made me mad that it didn't register until I found out that the different peripherals have their own settings menu.

My Fanatec handbrake just worked.
I didn't set anything up at all.
I'm using the USB adapter for it, because my CSR Elite pedals don't have the appropriate socket.

I had to reconnect my TH8a shifter directly to wheel (T300rs) Ps4 to get recognition. Then when assigning it came up R1, same as shifting up with paddle, but it all worked fine. Still can do manual gears with paddles and when I pull back with shifter it works really great.

MY fanatec handbrake is connected via my wheel, and it has to be setup like a button press, any ideas how to get around this, so i can use it like an axis

ARCNoOne said:
My Fanatec handbrake just worked.
I didn't set anything up at all.
I'm using the USB adapter for it, because my CSR Elite pedals don't have the appropriate socket.
CSR elite? Yes they do, that's how I have mine set up.
Old5uy said:
MY fanatec handbrake is connected via my wheel, and it has to be setup like a button press, any ideas how to get around this, so i can use it like an axis
You'd have to run it through the pedals or through USB.

JZStudios said:
CSR elite? Yes they do, that's how I have mine set up.
It depends on when your set of pedals was manufactured.

A bunch of them, like mine, shipped without the proper socket on them.
That's why Fanatec dropped the "compatible with CSR Elite pedals" from their website, in favor of "Clubsport pedals v2+", right around the time they started actually shipping the handbrakes.

I think I COULD connect mine to my pedals, by soldering a socket to the interface board, because there are connections for it on the board.
It's just lacking the socket itself, as far as I can tell.
I haven't had any reason to do that though because most of the games I play support the handbrake as a second controller.

I am using an old Logitech Extreme 3D joystick as handbrake atm.
As type I choosed "controller" and set the y-axis as handbrake.

Works fine and analog.

I think, it should be the same way, don't matter, which input device u have...