Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  

DIRT 4 NOT RUN

Question

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
We released an update and also added extra runtimes to be used, does this problem still occur if you exit and reboot Steam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Yes I entered and left and still nothing, I already checked the game cache, I installed it again, and I think the problem will not be mine because the more people with the same problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Could do try the following please?

1.       Right Click on DiRT 4 in the Steam Client

2.       Select Properties

3.       Select Local Files

4.       Select Browse Local files

5.       Open the “_CommonRedist” folder

6.       Open the vcredist folder

7.       Open the 2010 folder

8.       Run the 2 .exe files

9.       Open the 2015 folder

10.   Run the 2 .exe files

11.   Try running the game again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Hello, I have the same issue. The game doesn't start.
Tried to Run the Exes in the 2010 and 2015 folders but nothing worked.

I have GTX970 and W10, no problems ever with other games, even Dirt Rally. 
Please support on that...very frustrating to buy a new game and not being able to run.
Thanks
Marc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I have the exact same issue. I've tried everything suggested on the Steam Discussion boards and nothing has changed. It just goes to run and disappears after a few seconds on Steam. This is really disappointing and I'm convinced it's not even a local issue anymore after reading everyone's posts.

Honestly I'm surprised there's not more people posting about this on here, as the Steam Discussion has hundreds of people with this issue all talking about the big REFUND..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Hello People, I had the same issue with game not launching at all. I have solved it disconnecting the Steering Wheel which is not supported device for this game.

Then the game started without problem. Check if your devices are compatible or disconnect them to see if it works.

After that, I have been able to add my steerring whhel as 'not supported' device in the xml file
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT 4\input\devices
device_defines.xml
(see details and instructions inside the file)
Then the game started with the steering wheel connected, and recoognised it.
I'm still working to solve issues as FFeedback not running, but at least I can play.
Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
mac19 said:
Hello People, I had the same issue with game not launching at all. I have solved it disconnecting the Steering Wheel which is not supported device for this game.

Then the game started without problem. Check if your devices are compatible or disconnect them to see if it works.

After that, I have been able to add my steerring whhel as 'not supported' device in the xml file
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT 4\input\devices
device_defines.xml
(see details and instructions inside the file)
Then the game started with the steering wheel connected, and recoognised it.
I'm still working to solve issues as FFeedback not running, but at least I can play.
Good luck!
I'm glad some people are finding ways to fix this. This however did not work for me. I tried just a mouse and keyboard hooked up to my system, and still no luck launching the game. The weird thing is, it looked like it was going to launch and then says it couldn't sync the steam cloud, and then it quit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On the steam forums, I saw a suggestion that the game cannot handle large numbers of CPU cores. I personally have this issue (i.e. it shows the "DiRT" logo, then crashes), and I have 12 cores. The workaround seems excessive (involves limiting all your programs to use only 4 cores in total), but it's something to try: https://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/1/208684375420244235/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
jorgenhs said:
On the steam forums, I saw a suggestion that the game cannot handle large numbers of CPU cores. I personally have this issue (i.e. it shows the "DiRT" logo, then crashes), and I have 12 cores. The workaround seems excessive (involves limiting all your programs to use only 4 cores in total), but it's something to try: https://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/1/208684375420244235/
This was the issue. Thank you sir for your input here. I can't believe codemasters actually didn't look this over prior to launch. This is completely infuriating given I've not been able to play the game since launch until now, and I've missed out on weekly event's and the whole start of the community. I'm very disgusted with Codemasters right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Could please more people with high-core CPUs post here that Codemasters gets our attention? I have a Dual Xeon system (Xeon 2697 v4), the CPUs alone are like over €5,000. I don't want to limit the numbers of cores via msconfig because if the CPUs fuck up because of this, does Codemasters pay the damages? I don't think so. So just fix the High-core-CPU issue, Codemasters, God damn it. Has been arond since Dirt 3. People with high core CPUs can't launch this game. So also don't buy AMD Threadripper with 16 cores because Dirt 4 won't run. Because so far, I feel ignored: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/274405#Comment_274405

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
ewfegage said:
Could please more people with high-core CPUs post here that Codemasters gets our attention? I have a Dual Xeon system (Xeon 2697 v4), the CPUs alone are like over €5,000. I don't want to limit the numbers of cores via msconfig because if the CPUs **** up because of this, does Codemasters pay the damages? I don't think so. So just fix the High-core-CPU issue, Codemasters, God damn it. Has been arond since Dirt 3. People with high core CPUs can't launch this game. So also don't buy AMD Threadripper with 16 cores because Dirt 4 won't run. Because so far, I feel ignored: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/274405#Comment_274405
Why would limiting cores being used damage your CPU? Source and technical description please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
ewfegage said:
Could please more people with high-core CPUs post here that Codemasters gets our attention? I have a Dual Xeon system (Xeon 2697 v4), the CPUs alone are like over €5,000. I don't want to limit the numbers of cores via msconfig because if the CPUs **** up because of this, does Codemasters pay the damages? I don't think so. So just fix the High-core-CPU issue, Codemasters, God damn it. Has been arond since Dirt 3. People with high core CPUs can't launch this game. So also don't buy AMD Threadripper with 16 cores because Dirt 4 won't run. Because so far, I feel ignored: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/274405#Comment_274405
I can't believe this is even an issue. It seems like they sold us a broken PC port for $60.. At least DiRT Rally in early access was cheaper before they had the bugs ironed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×