Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D4 Vs. DR graphics

JZStudios said:
Look at this pretty.. I mean pretty terrible roadside Nissan Titan (I know what it is, you can't fool me generic font!)

I think it looks more like a Ford Raptor. Its got the Ford windows with that part of the front door dipping down. I would be funny if there was a Rally for all the Roadside cars. :D

JZStudios said:
Look at this pretty.. I mean pretty terrible roadside Nissan Titan (I know what it is, you can't fool me generic font!)

I think it looks more like a Ford Raptor. Its got the Ford windows with that part of the front door dipping down. I would be funny if there was a Rally for all the Roadside cars. :D

This truck is becoming the new "black and blue or white and gold".....

JZStudios said:

This truck is becoming the new "black and blue or white and gold".....
For both GRID2 and DiRT4 it's listed as an SVT Raptor - http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=118770
http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=56596
Basically it's a Raptor with a slightly changed front end for (probably) licencing reasons

Also, the round logo is of Jackson trucks - a fictional car brand used by Codies in their games

bogani said:
Not overly impressed how D4 looks on my system, not in Australia anyways. Maybe I'm just half blind.

To be fair, if you look at some pictures and videos from Australian rallies, D4 isn't far off accurately representing it. There's a bit of green, but the rest of it is just wire fences and orange dirt, rocks and dust. Not much variation in colour.  

Image result for rally australia

I personally think those who complain run on potatoes. They improved the graphic in a lot of area, especially in the light source & Global Illumination.

They are taxing, but what do you expect. It's 2017.

bogani said:
Not overly impressed how D4 looks on my system, not in Australia anyways. Maybe I'm just half blind.

To be fair, if you look at some pictures and videos from Australian rallies, D4 isn't far off accurately representing it. There's a bit of green, but the rest of it is just wire fences and orange dirt, rocks and dust. Not much variation in colour.  

It's not about the colors, it's just a bit rough around the edges.

bogani said:
bogani said:

I think it depends on weather conditions for me. I have an issue with the game looking a bit wobbly if it's misty. Makes it look like FXAA is cranked up to the max 

MrDeap said:
I personally think those who complain run on potatoes. They improved the graphic in a lot of area, especially in the light source & Global Illumination.

They are taxing, but what do you expect. It's 2017.
I run Dirt 4 on a potato (an iPotato), and I think it looks great, as good as if not better than Dirt Rally. All these new time and weather combinations aren't something we got in DR. 

My only complaint is that dynamic shadows at night are missing. But otherwise, on medium, it's a great looking game. 

bogani said:
bogani said:

For you sure, but a lot of people are complaining about it being "Too saturated and cartoony looking."

JZStudios said:
For you sure, but a lot of people are complaining about it being "Too saturated and cartoony looking."
Compared to what? Reality or other racing games? Certainly not.
Older Codemasters games with trademark brown filter? Sure.

Seeing as the last time Australia was in a Dirt game it looked like this, I'm personally quite happy there's some vibrant colors now.  :D

BadD0g said:
Seeing as the last time Australia was in a Dirt game it looked like this, I'm personally quite happy there's some vibrant colors now.  :D

PS. Don't mind the text, but that's how it looks to me. Gloooow. 

bogani said:

I really cannot see orange colour on this picture as well as vibrant green found in D4. Compare it to images from D4 posted not long while ago (on previous page). Speaking about DR, it produces images closer to what we can see on this photo than D4.

Yep. PP effects like Bloom, AO, lens flares, usually DOF are all instant "Nopes!" for me. The light rays are typically pretty overdone as well and I turn them off too.
Things don't look like that through eyeballs. Maybe I'm just weird, but if I'm in a first person anything I don't want any of those effects, but I'm okay if it's third person, (As long as it isn't super overdone) because I can at least pretend it's a camera and not my eyeballs. I've never had lens flares and chromatic aberrations in my eyes. Although I've also never had the FPS shooter "bloody eyes" either, so maybe I'm missing something.

versedi said:
BadD0g said:

PS. Don't mind the text, but that's how it looks to me. Gloooow. 
Colin McBloom: BRoWN

dwkGravey said:
Dirt Rally never had this :triumph:                

"The lighting there looks so flat and everything has some weird grey tint..."

:mrgreen:

dwkGravey said:

Jesus, that's nuts. Please tell me that's some kind of glitch or something.
I still like how J esus is censored for some reason. It's just a name....

As someone who has driven on South Australian dirt roads and tracks quite frequently in my life.I think Codemasters done a flawless job in the detail around Australia.

My only omplaint is maybe too much brightness from headlights when shining them on cliffs at nighttime. Also the dust effects at nighttime and low light seems off slightly.

I forgot what the graphic setting is called. Its the setting that saturates the ground with more grass/trees shrubs into the environment. I noticed having this setting maxed actually lowered the graphics quality as it would block out shadows and neutralise lighting effects on distance objects. Setting it to low made everything looking allot better.

Huh, that's interesting. But depending on the location that could leas to more grass pop in. The alpha effects are always almost impossible to really get to work properly and look correct in all conditions.

JZStudios said:
dwkGravey said:

****, that's nuts. Please tell me that's some kind of glitch or something.
I still like how J esus is censored for some reason. It's just a name....
No glitch, fog was really that thick. I had to back off, and ironically got the best stage time I've yet gotten in the game.