Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DIRT 4] [PS4] Brutal AI locked into unchangeable Fearless preset

Hey folks.

I'm unsure whether this is a bug or a feature (although I sincerely hope it's the former), which is why I'm posting in general discussion.

I've just won the Global Rally Series, unlocking the fearless difficulty preset, and with it the 'brutal' AI difficulty. By default the fearless preset has every assist (+ restarts/auto repair) turned off, unsurprisingly - including exterior cameras, which I use (bonnet cam). No problem, I'll just turn that back on and take the hit in difficulty bonus.........but when you do that, it takes you back down to Champion (Custom) difficulty. And at Champion, the Brutal AI is *locked away*.

So you can't have Brutal AI without setting Fearless, and you can't change *anything* without losing Fearless. And I mean anything - changing minor, inconseqeuntial stuff like Clutch Override or Time Control Braking, or even Manual Sequential transmission to Manual H-Pattern, takes you back to Champion (Custom), and hence back to 'Tough' as the max AI difficulty.

It would be a blow to my enjoyment of the game (which I've absolutely adored so far) if I couldn't use the AI difficulty appropriate to my skill level, without being able to use settings for the way I want to play. Whether this is a bug or by design, I very much hope that it could be fixed/changed.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not that fussed about wanting to use external cameras or suchlike on fearless difficulty - if you want to keep fearless as an "ultimate" difficulty with everything locked off, that's fine by me - just being able to choose 'Brutal' AI on lower, custom difficulty settings would do.

Thanks!

+1                                                                                                             

+1

I will fuss over the exterior camera because I only play in chase cam :)

Please make Fearless mode and brutal difficulty customisable Codemasters.

I'd say make it different - keep Fearless as it is but add the Highest AI level so players are able to choose it after finishing first career. 
Or even better - gearbox patterns and clutch override shouldn't be counted as assists. Automatic gearbox should be though which makes it problematic. 

I think it should be separate as well. Fearless mode on its own is fine, it's just weird that the final AI difficulty is tied to it. If you could choose Brutal AI outside of Fearless mode, Fearless would still be challenging in its own right, so why tie the two together?

+1                                                                                             

versedi said:
Or even better - gearbox patterns and clutch override shouldn't be counted as assists. Automatic gearbox should be though which makes it problematic. 
+1