DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Really" Free Rally Mode needed

I was just wondering about the missing game mode, where u can drive an outback rally track (generated right now or loaded from a session before),
without ur team, sponsors and money playing a role...

If I just want play around a bit, e.g. with some tracks or cars, settings, I do waste money, my sponsors are not really happy and I waste my team members.

That's right,
but they want money, don't they?

Still a free Rally mode needed :)

No they don't want your money. They just take a cut of the winnings when you complete the event. It isn't that large of an amount anyway.

A "free" trial mode with our own cars without money involved would be great.
I tested this also and everytime if we use our own cars in Free Mode or Multiplayer, then it costs us seasons from our team members and sponsors.
So the only way to avoid this, is that we use loan cars in Free Mode or Multiplayer.

you can just use a loan car on freemode. That won't affect your sponsors
But I guess it will still affect your team?
Not as far as I know. You need to drive your own bought cars for it to affect the team

Hey Codemasters,

please give us beside this huge awesome playgound the possibility to drive a generated or loaded rallytrack. There it should be possible, to change the cars setup at any time. Like on the playground.
Maybe there we could drive vs our personal best? The PB could be saved, if u have saved the generated track before.

I agree massively with this, especially the suggestion for being able to change your setup on the fly when testing out a given course. At the moment, the only way to really make sure you have the right setup for a rally is to do constant shakedowns, and the first section of a rally may not be the best for testing out your suspension setup as well as you only have a limited number of runs before having to go for the real thing. Being able to really rigorously test different setups is vital to the growth of this game, as it seems like tuning your car is more important than ever.