Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 D-Box and UDP Output Specification

@Hoo -- Any updates on the 2018 technical specs? I'm itching to learn what's changed :smile: -- Will you post the new technical spec in this thread or will you create a new one? Also, you mentioned that the 2017 UDP format will still be available, does this mean it will be a menu toggle, alongside whatever options have been included for 2018? 

Thanks!

Hey,

We are trying to represent the cars world position on a track map. The problem is that we have a touch panel with 1280x800px resolution and so we need a factor to calculate the xyz-coordinates on the panel. Can someone explain where to find the point 0:0:0 (xyz) on each track map? Otherwise its different for each track and that would be a lot of work.

By the way. The F1 2018 game starts on 24th of August here in Germany. Is there andy possibility to look at the new udp format before the 24th? I did not get a beta account so there will be a lot of work from 24th.

Mark

eXe131091 said:

By the way. The F1 2018 game starts on 24th of August here in Germany. Is there andy possibility to look at the new udp format before the 24th? I did not get a beta account so there will be a lot of work from 24th.
I was hoping too, that we would get some information ahead of the release, At least you have the option to use the legacy system from F1 2017 and older, so your old code will still work for the time being.

Bannish said:
eXe131091 said:

I was hoping too, that we would get some information ahead of the release
Same here, maybe they're still finalizing it. 

This is now here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/136948/f1-2018-udp-specification.

Hello! Who can we talk to to get written permission to use the data collected? Another way of asking, where are the terms and conditions around what we can do with any data we collect? My company wants to have a demo that uses the data we collected while playing the game going around for a few laps... and they really want written explicit permission :-/