Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

F1 2017 D-Box and UDP Output Specification

Hoo

mantazzo said:
Ok, so why there are these 2 values m_kers_level and m_kers_max_level in telemetry if are always fix at 400000?
Sort-of "compatibility" back to F1 2013 (or I don't exactly know how I should say it).
It's often easier to leave established parameters 'in' but set to a nominal or out of range value and / or disregard them in case they are needed again in future I suppose. You wouldn't knock down the spare bedroom of a house just because no one is staying over.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey there guys,
I am working on a C# app for a friend an myself to see the live timings of the whole grid. I am getting all data i need, but what i don't know is, how I can calculate the live timing intervals between drivers from the data provided. can anyone give me a hand with this?
Bannish said:
Hey there guys,
I am working on a C# app for a friend an myself to see the live timings of the whole grid. I am getting all data i need, but what i don't know is, how I can calculate the live timing intervals between drivers from the data provided. can anyone give me a hand with this?
Just look back into this thread. ;)

Anyway they are changing lots about udp data so if you do this for next years game maybe it's better to wait to know more about new mechanics.. :/

Said that.. maybe @Hoo can give us mor info at this stage! :D :#
  • Codemasters Staff
We will be able to release some info about the updated UDP structure in the next few weeks. We plan to support the existing format too, so we will hopefully be compatible with any apps written using the current spec.
Lopensky said:
Just look back into this thread. ;)
ok, will do that, i might have missed something in here  ::smile:
Hoo said:
We will be able to release some info about the updated UDP structure in the next few weeks. We plan to support the existing format too, so we will hopefully be compatible with any apps written using the current spec.
I am really curious to see, what the updated structure looks like. will it be posted in a new thread or will you update this one?
I'm looking at using some of the data to display information on an overlay of a map.

Has anyone ever tried to convert the x/y/z values in the data to a geospatial map coordinate ? Anyone know what the x/y/z coordinate units are ? 

Thanks...

@AndyHamp
I found this on the first page.
bax said:
2) calculating the delay between 2 drivers is not a problem using timers but there is one important info missing to determine the FINAL race car position: PENALTIES !! Time penalties greatly affect the final classification of the race in case of strict rules and it is typical to give this information to spectators during a live coverage.
It almost answers my question, but it would take me a timer for every racecar on the track.
right now, I calculate the delay like this: i subtract the total distance of the rival car from my total distance and divide by my speed. but this will deliver very wonky times in some cases
There’s certainly a few ways of doing it. For example, in my Race Dash for F1 games on iOS app I update the driver gaps at each sector boundary using a time stamp for when the lead car passes through as a reference. It’s not super accurate, and only updates a few times a lap but I’ve found it to be enough as the raw data is missing in the API so 100% accuracy is not possible anyway.
AndyHamp said:
I'm looking at using some of the data to display information on an overlay of a map.

Has anyone ever tried to convert the x/y/z values in the data to a geospatial map coordinate ? Anyone know what the x/y/z coordinate units are ? 

Thanks...

@hoo Are you able to help with this ?
I think the best you can do it's do a test and try to display this values on a canvas. I suggest you to start displaying x,y coords at first since i don't think you really need z coord for your purpouse.

Think the "standard" track view is the one showed in the game UI durng races (on bottom-left) so you can try use that as an overlay. ;)

Let me know if you find out something useful! :)
AndyHamp said:
AndyHamp said:

Thanks...

you can use them to create a map and track your position on it, my RS Dash app does this. Use x and z for top down, y is height from ground so only useful if making a 3d map
AndyHamp said:
AndyHamp said:

Thanks...

you can use them to create a map and track your position on it, my RS Dash app does this. Use x and z for top down, y is height from ground so only useful if making a 3d map
Awwwww that make sense.. :p
  • Codemasters Staff
CanTQuiT said:
Is the closed F1-2018-beta already started?
Not yet. Places are limited, but you can still apply here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/F1BetaSignUp. If you are an app developer using the UDP output then please add "UDP" into the answer for question 8 so that the community team can filter out these requests more easily from the other beta applicants.
@Hoo I have a question regarding spectating a session. When you spectate a session, you don't seem to get any UDP telemetry data although it would be very useful for the casters. Is there going to be any update to that or is there a way to extract data already in F1 2017?
@Hoo I have a question regarding spectating a session. When you spectate a session, you don't seem to get any UDP telemetry data although it would be very useful for the casters. Is there going to be any update to that or is there a way to extract data already in F1 2017?
I think this was mentioned previously that the system needs major changes in order to allow that.
  • Codemasters Staff
@filipendo125 - there won't be any updates to F1 2017 to support this, but it is something we are looking at for the future.

Archived