Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt 4 is making my PS4 Pro hard lock and I can only power it down by unplugging the power cable

Hi all,

I've been playing the Dirt 4 career mode for a few hours and when I try to play the 3rd event, stage 1/1 of the Euro Sealed Rally, the game hard locks my PS4 Pro at the loading screen until the PS4 Pro crashes and I have to unplug the power cable in order to turn it off.  I've reproduced this twice in a row, each time at the same spot.  This is a pretty serious issue as it's putting my PS4 Pro's hard drive at risk.

I have replaced my save data with last night's save data from the cloud, thinking maybe it was a corrupted file.  Nope, still hard locks my console at the exact same spot.  After yanking the power cable for the third time and restarting my console, I'm going to back up all of my save data to the cloud, delete Dirt 4, then redownload it to see if maybe it is a corrupted file in the game that might be fixed by a reinstall.

This is super shoddy work by the QA department.  As someone that works in Quality Assurance for Amazon, this would be an absolute all-hands-on-deck bug if it were to happen for us.  It's putting your customers' hardware at serious risk.