Sign in to follow this  

@justbiglee re: console patches

Clear this up for me please. So I see this is PC 5th patch , I'm on ps3 , I know about it having to go through Q&A and whatever other checks they go through. 

But with the ok from Sony like you said earlier why isn't it released yet. 

My main question is with as long of a company as you guys have been around you have no pull with Sony or Microsoft on asking them 2 please push patch through . I mean damn its been what 5 - 6 weeks now that's embarrassing . 

Clear this up for me please. So I see this is PC 5th patch , I'm on ps3 , I know about it having to go through Q&A and whatever other checks they go through. 

My main question is with as long of a company as you guys have been around you have no pull with Sony or Microsoft on asking them 2 please push patch through . I mean damn its been what 5 - 6 weeks now that's embarrassing . 

Something came to mind very recently about this subject.

Maybe M$ and Sony are getting sick and tired of seeing unfinished games with super abnormal amount of glitches being pushed out, and then they have to go through the time and trouble to approve all the crap that should have been taken care of BEFORE releasing the game.

Sure, people make mistakes, but as I have said before, this is just getting crazy. Maybe M$ and Sony are sending Game Devs a message, by taking their sweet time. Stop putting out games that require M$ and Sony to oversee and approve so many patches, (like the old days) and everyone will be happy.

To my knowledge Sony only gave it the ok the other day, and its not usually a case of it going up straight after it is ok'd. It has to be slotted into time to go live. Think of it like planes taking off an an airport, they're ok'd to fly but needed to be slotted in to a time to take off. 

At least that's the way I've always understood it I could be wrong.

Sony gave it the ok, but the bug that MS found would also be in the Sony code so Codemasters put a pause on both to put a new fix for that in. @Loore‌ said that - sorry I didn't make a note of the thread. 

I'm guessing that 3rd party developers don't get the same speed of service as the in-house guys do with either brand.

its a joke how CM handle these situations. still waiting for console patch and tt mode. grid 2 failed and now they dont give a toss about GAS. they have moved onto f12014 now so why would they concentrate on this still. they have got their cash from sales??

but i can safely say i will never buy another CM game again. whats that saying??? "couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery" comes to mind

Zebrawire said:

Something came to mind very recently about this subject.

Maybe M$ and Sony are getting sick and tired of seeing unfinished games with super abnormal amount of glitches being pushed out, and then they have to go through the time and trouble to approve all the crap that should have been taken care of BEFORE releasing the game.

Sure, people make mistakes, but as I have said before, this is just getting crazy. Maybe M$ and Sony are sending Game Devs a message, by taking their sweet time. Stop putting out games that require M$ and Sony to oversee and approve so many patches, (like the old days) and everyone will be happy.

I'm not sure that's the case...  I think MS used to charge developers something like $40,000 per patch but they dropped the charge last year, if they were "sick and tired" I'm sure they would have continued charging.

I'm hopeful the patch will be here soon :smile: 

Going slightly off topic here but I'm looking forward to the online playlist patch almost as much as the corrupt gamesave one lol.

i just hope they fix it as we have a lot of friends and team members out because of this and i miss racing with them

To my knowledge Sony only gave it the ok the other day, and its not usually a case of it going up straight after it is ok'd. It has to be slotted into time to go live. Think of it like planes taking off an an airport, they're ok'd to fly but needed to be slotted in to a time to take off. 

Ok so I'll ask it like this, I appreciate your response @justbiglee‌ but is it going live by Friday 22/8/14 ? 

I'm not sure that's the case...  I think MS used to charge developers something like $40,000 per patch but they dropped the charge last year, if they were "sick and tired" I'm sure they would have continued charging.

I'm hopeful the patch will be here soon :smile: 

Going slightly off topic here but I'm looking forward to the online playlist patch almost as much as the corrupt gamesave one lol.

Yeah M$ used to charge 40k to approve any patches/updates after the 1st or 2nd one I think. So I would say that when new updates/patches come through for QA I would have to think they are not in as much of a hurry when devs were dropping 40k an update. And I would doubt that the AAA titles had to pay as much or any of that 40k. Like CoD, Bf , etc. Games like Forza, Halo, etc I would think didn't have to pay anything at all for updates or patches since they are "in-house" titles. 

But, if the updates/patches become excessive they will consider charging. This is from an article I read a while back.

Ok so I'll ask it like this, I appreciate your response @justbiglee‌ but is it going live by Friday 22/8/14 ? 

I don't think so no. If that changes I'll let you know though.

Hats off Bugmasters: as it looks, it takes you longer to make a patch than to make a game! So pathetic!

Hi Berre, we understand you're frustrated and are doing our best to resolve it but please refrain from using abusive and bad language on the forums. I've had to remove your last post.

Sounds like MS found another bug that Sony & CM couldnt. If I was Loore I wouldnt come back from holiday if the patch isnt out, just go on the sick with stress and look for another job as I cant see CM being about much longer.

Hi Berre, we understand you're frustrated and are doing our best to resolve it but please refrain from using abusive and bad language on the forums. I've had to remove your last post.

Ok jail me! How do you describe selling a game with a huge save file bug € 70 + season pas € 30, you don't call that abusive and bad?????? I just have to sit here and wait and shut up? keep on dreaming!

berre said:

Ok jail me! How do you describe selling a game with a huge save file bug € 70 + season pas € 30, you don't call that abusive and bad?????? I just have to sit here and wait and shut up? keep on dreaming!

Mate, it's just a game!

cooldude7 said:
berre said:

Mate, it's just a game!

This has nothing to do about the fact that is just a game, it's about a principle. About a transaction that is supposed to be fair: buying something and get something in exchange. When I sell something and there is something wrong: my client get it replaced or his money back. But my aim is to sell something that is of outstanding quality so that there is no need for replacement or refunding. But I guess I live in another world?

I don't think so no. If that changes I'll let you know though.

@justbiglee‌ seriously, we have to go thru another week without a patch? This is so crazy that we the console players , your bread and butter are getting the hi hard one.  I thought grid 2 you guys learned something about consumer relations by putting out autosport as a Ty 4 your mess up with grid 2. This autosport game is a good game but your consumer relations have taken another huge hit by this corruption issue. 

How do your programmers and Q&A team still have jobs ? If I owned this company the entire team would be wiped out. Its like there is no punishment to the people that program the game so they are being lazy. Codemasters needs a overhaul. Get some fresh faces in there that are enthusiastic about making good games again. 

I usually preorder ur games but no more preorders from me , hell I'm not preordering any game from any developer anymore.

berre said:

cooldude7 said:
berre said:

Mate, it's just a game!

This has nothing to do about the fact that is just a game, it's about a principle. About a transaction that is supposed to be fair: buying something and get something in exchange. When I sell something and there is something wrong: my client get it replaced or his money back. But my aim is to sell something that is of outstanding quality so that there is no need for replacement or refunding. But I guess I live in another world?

I agree it is frustrating but surely you have better things to than "sit here and wait" for a patch to a game. Talking about refunds is extreme for this situation most importantly the game works and once the patch comes out, the worst bug, the corrupt profile one will be gone. It's almost the same situation with you replacing a client's duff product with a new one which is fine.

I backed up after every session (PS3) and had a good save file (from all the comments from the community, not so much from CM) but now I don't use ANY of my cars since I'm pretty sure that is what corrupted my save. Now, however I get run over with the guys that have tuned cars, I also can't take my purchased car on the Intel challenge in case It glitches!... Think that one out before you launched the challenge.. PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME ALREADY!...

likewise said:

.. PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME ALREADY!...

I keep coming on here day after day after day!!!!! Played this game about 4 nights a week until I got my "corrupt file". That seems like a year ago!!! aahhhhhhhhhhh

Get the darn patch out already!!!!!!!!

erm, its not thier fault that codemasters can not say a date on a patch until Microsoft gives the all clear, also bear this in mind its a bank holiday monday this week in UK and i understand people are angry in how long this patch is coming but how many times do i need to say this, IT OUT OF THIER HANDS