Sign in to follow this  

[VIDEO] F1 2014 Red Bull Ring Hot Lap

What bothers me to be quite honest, is the fact that @Hatta and whoever else at CM are "willingly" releasing these videos, knowing full well it isn't what most of us have asked for. We've clearly stated we wanted t-cam or cockpit footage; yet, and this is a another big YET, they release a video with exactly 2 seconds of t-cam view out of an entire 1:32 video. 2 seconds! I would bet that someone (probably an editor) asked, "Hey how much t-cam/cockpit footage do we want in the hot lap video?" and then someone else (probably a community rep) had to have said, "Just a small shot; maybe a second or two." The point is, there was a intentional choice to have such a little amount of that camera angle in the video. It wasn't just accidental. Someone decided on that regardless of how we've made our requests known many times since the Bahrain hot lap video. What does that tell you?

I'm sorry @Hatta, but at this point it truly feels like you guys at CM just don't care. You can say that you do all you want, but that just simply won't change how we feel. The old saying rings true that actions speak louder than words. I (we) know you all aren't idiots. Let's get real here for a second; you know what the fans want, at least a majority of us, because we ask for the same thing week after week, thread after thread. But still, there's not much being revealed, shown, or let alone much of what we actually want to see. I mean, that can't feel good inside @Hatta can it? So much damage has been done lately between CM and their fans because of all of this that I really don't know if the trust between developer and consumer can be mended. I'm not saying this to be hurtful or out of spite @Hatta, I'm really not. But you guys are clearly not doing much to foster a good relationship with us at the moment.

there are some slight improvement with gfx, look nicer and more real life like lighting.. also some textures are higher resolution as well.

some minuses like engine sounds are weak and missing that deep growl when off throttle/engine brake. 

overall like the way it look and feel it not bad of an upgrade mean time waiting for the nxt gen release!

Cap10 said:
there are some slight improvement with gfx look nicer and more real life like lighting.. also some textures are higher resolution as well.

overall like the way it look and feel it not bad of an upgrade mean time waiting for the nxt gen release!

Perhaps a slight improvement with gfx, perhaps CM spending as much time as possible uploading into a 720p hd video. I can't tell for sure. I was wondering the same thing.

My monitor looks just like this video when I'm actually playing 2013.

those complaining about too little cockpit/t-cam showing.

Hatta mentioned a 2nd video coming VERY soon with spa maybe this one will show only cockpit and t-cam this time..

For some reason Codemasters replay angles are shockingly bad, looks like they were tailored to 10 year old kids or people with 5 second attention spans. I know thats the core demographic Codemasters are trying to cater to, I cant image anyone else being amused by the psuedo cinematic constantly panning and changing camera angles

Cap10 said:

Hatta mentioned a 2nd video coming VERY soon with spa maybe this one will show only cockpit and t-cam this time..

I don't remember him saying 'only' t-cam and cockpit views. He just said more.

MUZZARIOL said:
For some reason Codemasters replay angles are shockingly bad, looks like they were tailored to 10 year old kids or people with 5 second attention spans. I know thats the core demographic Codemasters are trying to cater to, I cant image anyone else being amused by the psuedo cinematic constantly panning and changing camera angles

Can't tell you how much I absolutely hate how often the views change in CMs replays. I just want the regular TV angles like we see IRL. Not that difficult to understand and surely not that difficult to do.

Cap10 said:

I don't remember him saying 'only' t-cam and cockpit views. He just said more. MUZZARIOL said:

Can't tell you how much I absolutely hate how often the views change in CMs replays. I just want the regular TV angles like we see IRL. Not that difficult to understand and surely not that difficult to do.

Codemasters arent trying to sell their games to people who watch F1 on TV.. their trying to sell their games to kids who buy COD, GTA, Pokemon and Super Mario (AKA the mass market).. These games will never represent real F1 sorry to say.

Whoever designed those replay angles and thought it was exeptable should have his head served up on a plate at Bernie's HQ

Is it me, or is the steering wheel all cockeyed while going down the front straight?  I drove an old Toyota Celica that had a crooked steering wheel lol.  Maybe thats why we have no cockpit view, so they can fix the steering wheel alignment.

Seriously let's have some patients here. You have all been on the forums since 2010 you know the rules. Every video and official release has to go through FOM. Codies have said time and time again they are bound by what they can release and wish they can release more! 

Before anyone points out about loving Codies etc I havnt actually bought F1 since 2011. 

The video does look good visually. Sounds as stated are going to be fixed. We have two months yet before the release so we are on a delayed timescale from previous years. 

mmpaw37 said:

I would also like to add that @TDK_CHIPTUNE also said that the cut-off point for fixes to be made are at least 2 months before the release, so in essence any faults/issues that are present in the game now will not be fixed ready for release!.

They will 'allegedly' be fixed with following patches, at least for PS3/X360 because they have to be submitted to Sony/Microsoft beforehand for QA testing, the PC version however can be fixed very quickly.

...On another note, and I hope you see this @Hatta...

I have asked yourself @Hatta(Luke) and @T4RG4(Steve Hood) for confirmation about the 'SOUND BUG', both on Twitter and here in the forums...Have I got a response...HAVE I ****!

What exactly is it you are hiding???

And, DO NOT say that you are not aware of the issue because the 'official' sound guy that you employ has confirmed it!!!

I hope to have more info on this next week.

F*** this gen already. New gen, new engine already please,  and properly written this time If possible CM Birmingham. , if possible

Would you all stop winging and be happy there actually making and releasing the game that's more realistic than any other, or would you rather them just stop making them because use can't keep you mouth shut, I'm buying the game because its the closest thing to driving F1 in real life that doesn't cost $15 for 10 min of driving (simulators), I actually like the look of the game and can't wait till it comes out, already pre ordered it.

Would you all stop winging and be happy there actually making and releasing the game that's more realistic than any other, or would you rather them just stop making them because use can't keep you mouth shut, I'm buying the game because its the closest thing to driving F1 in real life that doesn't cost $15 for 10 min of driving (simulators), I actually like the look of the game and can't wait till it comes out, already pre ordered it.

hahahahahaha

I’m sure they’ve said in previous years that they can’t do regular TV angles all the way round because the engine (on consoles at least) can’t handle drawing the environment and 20+ cars from all the positions they’d need to, so they have to pick and choose the ones that won’t kill the frame rate.

AyrotonS296 well your daft for pre ordering, you wouldnt go into a shop and pre order the next model of a new ford with out knowing what its got going for it, people like you who pre order makes game dev lazy as hell. look at battlefield 

Although I am a fan of this series, I have always found it hard to understand that a game released in 2007 (F1 championship edition) has a better replay system than F1 2014 and all the other codemasters f1 games. Has anybody else noticed this? I will still probably buy F1 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ng0JZq0C8

Those camera angles would be an improvement in a cm game. Love playing that game too. A good example of a computer f1 game with good depth and atmosphere. Physics could have been better but the essence of f1 is present - unlike cm efforts of late.

EJ52 said:

Although I am a fan of this series, I have always found it hard to understand that a game released in 2007 (F1 championship edition) has a better replay system than F1 2014 and all the other codemasters f1 games. Has anybody else noticed this? I will still probably buy F1 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ng0JZq0C8

Mate even GP2 from 1995 put Codemasters to shame. Any camera, from any car, at any time. You could also seitch in and out of tv director mode at will

i was reading that guys twitter and said that the game is already finished and been submitted(he said games are finished 2 months before realease) to microsoft and sony so any fixes now will be done via patch and probably we will get a day 1 patch for the sound bug. the pitch might be lowered but are we and the ai going to be reving up to 15000 or 12 500 like in real life

now that it is fixed and the game is finished cant they just show us a hotlap with real gameplay driven by a human seing as there is nothing majorly new for f1 2014 they might as well show us everthing.

i was reading that guys twitter and said that the game is already finished and been submitted(he said games are finished 2 months before realease) to microsoft and sony so any fixes now will be done via patch and probably we will get a day 1 patch for the sound bug. the pitch might be lowered but are we and the ai going to be reving up to 15000 or 12 500 like in real life

now that it is fixed and the game is finished cant they just show us a hotlap with real gameplay driven by a human seing as there is nothing majorly new for f1 2014 they might as well show us everthing.

The whole rev range issue is something I'm concerned about. If the fact that there's no noticeable power gain above 12,000rpm is ignored then it'll be a crying shame. I can just see the excuse being that the casuals won't understand shifting well before the limiter so we'll get an unrealistic power curve where power increases up to 15,000rpm, even though said casuals will surely be using the Auto transmission anyway and never know there's another 3,000rpm there in the first place. I hope that's not the case ad that aspect of the new engines is recreated faithfully, but I gave up trying to use common sense to predict CM with the whole Williams steering wheel thing.

mmpaw37 said:

Hatta said:
mmpaw37 said:

I would also like to add that @TDK_CHIPTUNE also said that the cut-off point for fixes to be made are at least 2 months before the release, so in essence any faults/issues that are present in the game now will not be fixed ready for release!.

They will 'allegedly' be fixed with following patches, at least for PS3/X360 because they have to be submitted to Sony/Microsoft beforehand for QA testing, the PC version however can be fixed very quickly.

...On another note, and I hope you see this @Hatta...

I have asked yourself @Hatta(Luke) and @T4RG4(Steve Hood) for confirmation about the 'SOUND BUG', both on Twitter and here in the forums...Have I got a response...HAVE I ****!

What exactly is it you are hiding???

And, DO NOT say that you are not aware of the issue because the 'official' sound guy that you employ has confirmed it!!!

I hope to have more info on this next week.

Hey Luke...I know that the sound bug has allegedly been fixed but, as you promised, can you possibly give us more information on the subject please...THX!

Luke's probably going to tell you that news about the bug will be released "soon". Typical Codemasters.

mmpaw37 said:

GOOD NEWS PEOPLE!...

I have been assured that the engine sound 'bug' has now been fixed, in regards to the sound of the engine RPM being too high.

Unfortunately, I have been informed that even though this issue has been resolved, the remaining hotlap videos due for release in the coming weeks have already been captured, which obviously will not provide any evidence of the fix.

...At least we know the sound will be fine!

Thanks Codemasters!

Source?