Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A week has passed ... any word from the Devs?

There´s been a week since the game launched, of course it´s early days but after reading tons of comments on this forum it´s quite clear that the handling model needs a few tweaks. Any word from the Devs regarding a fix? is there anyting being done in the background?

Thanks

Yes, they answered this in the latest Dirt show.
Sorry, don´t know what you are talking about - Dirt Show? where i can read about it?
Thanks

Starts around 25th minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT7g5fqh8Ec

im sure they will be looking at feedback maybe doing things as we type .

I like that they won't rush anything based on community whining alone. The have to make sure the possible changes won't fuck up the stuff that works.

dgeesi0 said:
Hope so. For me a slight tweak on grip levels would be enough to make this great game even better. Although there is some criticism geared toward my stage i believe that is the best adition ever to a rally game. Just tweak the handling a bit, too much grip on gravel and little on tarmac.

bogani said:
I like that they won't rush anything based on community whining alone. The have to make sure the possible changes won't **** up the stuff that works.
Exactly, we don't want Dejavu with V1/V2 in DR.

DESMOPT said:
dgeesi0 said:
Hope so. For me a slight tweak on grip levels would be enough to make this great game even better. Although there is some criticism geared toward my stage i believe that is the best adition ever to a rally game. Just tweak the handling a bit, too much grip on gravel and little on tarmac.
IMHO the grip levels are on spot, it's something else causing the rear to not snap and go sideways but holds it back when it wants to. But that's my humble opinion and I could be completely wrong.

bogani said:
I like that they won't rush anything based on community whining alone. The have to make sure the possible changes won't **** up the stuff that works.
yes a dev one said to me (not related to codies) you let the complainers go on for a week then see what is a real concern.1st week is often the new syndrome.

my stage is pretty decent. i do get with the corners things you can tell once you played a little which corner is coming up which kinda defeats the whole purpose of why it was made.ideally for the next big rally game if it can be achieved and to suit all get the real stages for single player and develop your stage better so it is pretty hard to tell what is ahead.its new just out the scalelectrix box so cant be too hard on it yet.atleast new is being tried and not just doing the norm for the sake of it.

We need to give them time to organise the feedback into something managable, its been 3 working days since release, we need to give them a chance.

The game is perfectly playable on the whole, the only things I (we) feel need changing doesn't stop us playing so I'd rather their time be taken over it.

i think cause they set the bar so high with Dirt rally it is always going to be hard to improve on such a brilliant game.Dirt 4 is a great game and im sure with a few tweaks it will take Dirt rallys crown.

dgeesi0 said:
i think cause they set the bar so high with Dirt rally it is always going to be hard to improve on such a brilliant game.Dirt 4 is a great game and im sure with a few tweaks it will take Dirt rallys crown.
For me it already did. We need to wait for a bit of polish, so it'll look like a glowing King's Crown.

the game needs radical changes,handling in sim mode is miles off nowhere near DR,Not to mention the tracks are not as constricted as DR for ease of use.I am so disappointed.

versedi said:
DESMOPT said:
dgeesi0 said:
IMHO the grip levels are on spot, it's something else causing the rear to not snap and go sideways but holds it back when it wants to. But that's my humble opinion and I could be completely wrong.
Totally agree ... just a bit sideways would be nice - even if it´s the driver who need to induce that by shifting the car´s weight. Right now you can try all you want you can´t power slide, the rear is glued to the ground. Unless you touch the side of the road on Wales where it´s like butter - the car flies of the road ...

CMMcBabe said:
Can confirm, we are reading feedback and talking about it lots.
Thanks mate! Really appreciate the work done on this game!

One question to the Devs:
Since the tracks are procedurally generated (and i love it), is it possible that later we can receive updates (even if DLC) on this "parts"? would it be difficult to add more "parts" to the existing ones?

Thanks

dgeesi0 said:
I personally think it has already, as a game is is far better than Rally and despite the grip, the rest of the physics feel a lot better with the weight transfer and the turning speed. I've done a rally school in the past and going around Dirtfish feels really good especially with the feel of the cars and the gravel clatter sounds

DESMOPT said:
CMMcBabe said:
Can confirm, we are reading feedback and talking about it lots.
Thanks mate! Really appreciate the work done on this game!

One question to the Devs:
Since the tracks are procedurally generated (and i love it), is it possible that later we can receive updates (even if DLC) on this "parts"? would it be difficult to add more "parts" to the existing ones?

Thanks
It would be nice to hear Devs on this topic :)

versedi said:
DESMOPT said:
dgeesi0 said:
I agree, I drove the Kadett for the first time last night and the physics were spot on under braking with the car stepping out and sliding, the problem only occurred once you get back on the power. It's almost like there is one number in the program that relates to lateral grip under power that is off (and that is a TOTAL guess). 

Allow me to throw my two cents in this and ask you guys to keep in mind that the process of patching a multi-plattform game is much more complicated and cost intensive than an early-access PC-only Rally Sim. Sony & Microsoft demand a FORTUNE for each patch deployed through their respective networks. So i really wouldn't bet my money on a quick fix. Be patient, give them some time & keep it constructive and organised so that they waste less time going through countless threads of bullshit and banter and focus on what's really important for all of us - improving the experience.

@zeroundersteer said:

"Sony & Microsoft demand a FORTUNE for each patch deployed through their respective networks"

I thought this practise was abolished coming into this gen.

Grip levels might not be the issue, but the default car setups, in Sim Mode? 

The only issue ( not really na issue but isn't so good ) i have about the handling, comparing with DR, it's that in D4 it isn't so precise changing directions, as in DR, cars feels ( even ) more flooty, like when there's some input lag. This doesn't happen with all cars tough. What's funny is that in Dirt Fish Area, car's feel great ( handling and grip/ setups ). Probably i'm just talking nonsense, but that's what i feel / think...

Give them time, i'm sure they are Reading and looking at it.