Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A week has passed ... any word from the Devs?

I get the feeling from that video that a physics overhaul is not happening. I'm going to have to spend more time tuning than I expected. Fine with me. It counts as gameplay lol.

versedi said:
DESMOPT said:
dgeesi0 said:
im sure they will be looking at feedback maybe doing things as we type .
Hope so. For me a slight tweak on grip levels would be enough to make this great game even better. Although there is some criticism geared toward my stage i believe that is the best adition ever to a rally game. Just tweak the handling a bit, too much grip on gravel and little on tarmac.
IMHO the grip levels are on spot, it's something else causing the rear to not snap and go sideways but holds it back when it wants to. But that's my humble opinion and I could be completely wrong.
Ugh round and round we go.

OK I'm just trying to understand something: How can players know better about handling than real life rally drivers?

I only have DR and I followed a little D4 cause I had hopes it would be a good game but it's sad to see ppl complain about handling when they worked together with real life drivers! Would it not be better to just release it in early access again if they will be keep changing things? That's why I let a game age before buying :(

@zeroundersteer said:

"Sony & Microsoft demand a FORTUNE for each patch deployed through their respective networks"

I thought this practise was abolished coming into this gen.
I might be wrong here but in my messed up mind I kind of thought it would be good to make even more expensive so companies would try to make the launch as close to perfect as possible. The PC version of course would have to get free updates regarding new hardware and OS updates since they happen a lot but consoles should be close to perfect!

The reasons why professional input does not guarantee 100% accurate translation into actual gameplay are myriad. Sometimes feedback isn't effectively translated by developers, sometimes the feedback given isn't necessarily correct because sitting down and driving a sim on a monitor/TV is a very different thing from being out in the real world rallying/racing/flying/whatever the sim might be simulating. In other words, a professional rally driver who never played a videogame in his/her life can sometimes have trouble translating real life experiences into the type of feedback a programmer needs to actually get it right. (I'm not saying this happens a lot, but it DOES happen.) On the other hand you have people like Dale Earnhardt Jr. who sim races a lot and would probably be very effective in giving "translated" feedback to developers/programmers.

Or don't believe anything I say. :) The ultimate reality is, if having a real driver sit down and give feedback was always all it took to get simulations 100% accurate, we would have a lot more 100% accurate simulations to enjoy than we actually do!

Kind of makes sense man :)

But still in my mind if a professional driver says the handling is good would it not be more trusty than a lot of players who never drove rally cars?

I just play the game cause I like the feeling of it but I know shit about handling and I suck a lot!

In terms of handling I just play and accept hahahaha Still even if I knew everything about rally and was good at playing the game I don't think I would judge myself apt to say I know more than real life drivers that are kind of good in what they do :) My point is: maybe.. I don't know... the handling is not that messed up as ppl say?

Sorry I'm not trying to start a fight or anything I'm just curious in the subject that's all!

But still in my mind if a professional driver says the handling is good would it not be more trusty than a lot of players who never drove rally cars?

I just play the game cause I like the feeling of it but I know **** about handling and I suck a lot!

In terms of handling I just play and accept hahahaha Still even if I knew everything about rally and was good at playing the game I don't think I would judge myself apt to say I know more than real life drivers that are kind of good in what they do :) My point is: maybe.. I don't know... the handling is not that messed up as ppl say?

This is the kind of honesty I would like to see more of in the physics discussion thread. 

If any handling patches occur , it could ruin what works which would blow major ass. I think it's fine as is. I have 0 issue with the rwd not being "snappy" and all the other claimed stuff. I'm goin to assume these folks have tcs/stb set to off - and tune the car.
DR was simply too floatly, weightless and I hope they don't attempt to fix something that isn't broken. If so I guess I'll disconnect online while playing D4  :'(

Headlong said:

I just play the game cause I like the feeling of it but I know **** about handling and I suck a lot!

This is the kind of honesty I would like to see more of in the physics discussion thread. 
By "honesty" do you mean people agreeing with your line of thought? Man you are getting really obnoxious.

ShodanCat said:
Headlong said:

By "honesty" do you mean people agreeing with your line of thought? Man you are getting really obnoxious.
By honesty I mean people who are honest enough to admit that they've never driven a particular car in real life and are therefore not qualified to provide feedback about the minute details of its behaviour. 

Youre free to disagree with me on any point, I won't get offended, but at least be prepared to back it up with somethings substantial. Otherwise this forum will just descend into a mess of unsubstantiated opinions and misinformation. 

If any handling patches occur , it could ruin what works which would blow major ass. I think it's fine as is. I have 0 issue with the rwd not being "snappy" and all the other claimed stuff. I'm goin to assume these folks have tcs/stb set to off - and tune the car.
DR was simply too floatly, weightless and I hope they don't attempt to fix something that isn't broken. If so I guess I'll disconnect online while playing D4  :'(
They have been pretty clear they won't rush anything this time. V2 DR solved many issues but created others