Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft are doing refunds!!

In an unprecedented show of customer service by Microsoft, I today received my £39.99 refund for G:AS

This is special in the fact that Microsoft are known to be very hard headed when it comes to refunds. I was even told by the customer services advisor that all purchases are considered final and no refunds are given, although fair play to them I managed to change their minds.

All I had to do was a few things on the Xbox such as clearing cache etc... to confirm it wasnt a technical issue with the system (We already know that, I didn't say they made it easy, haha) and then take a screenshot of the corrupt save message, gave him a link to the screenshot, and lo and behold, £39.99 will be back in my account after 72 hours.

I did it all through the chat support on the xbox website, so go for it if you wish.....Or wait for the patch, it's your decision, I'm just informing people of a very rare event in history, an MS refund.

I didn't get the £2 odd I spent on the booster pack, but you can keep that codies, It'll be the last £2 you ever get from me.

N.B. I was also told by the MS agent not to buy games from this developer in the future.........I don't even know what to say to that. They won't take the patches and they're telling people not to buy the games.....Sums up the respect they have for this lot over at MS, says a lot indeed.

TheHemps said:

In an unprecedented show of customer service by Microsoft, I today received my £39.99 refund for G:AS

This is special in the fact that Microsoft are known to be very hard headed when it comes to refunds. I was even told by the customer services advisor that all purchases are considered final and no refunds are given, although fair play to them I managed to change their minds.

All I had to do was a few things on the Xbox such as clearing cache etc... to confirm it wasnt a technical issue with the system (We already know that, I didn't say they made it easy, haha) and then take a screenshot of the corrupt save message, gave him a link to the screenshot, and lo and behold, £39.99 will be back in my account after 72 hours.

I did it all through the chat support on the xbox website, so go for it if you wish.....Or wait for the patch, it's your decision, I'm just informing people of a very rare event in history, an MS refund.

I didn't get the £2 odd I spent on the booster pack, but you can keep that codies, It'll be the last £2 you ever get from me.

N.B. I was also told by the MS agent not to buy games from this developer in the future.........I don't even know what to say to that. They won't take the patches and they're telling people not to buy the games.....Sums up the respect they have for this lot over at MS, says a lot indeed.

That goes right along with my assumption (post) of maybe why it takes M$ and Sony so long to settle a submitted patch is maybe they are sick and tired of the continued practice game after game.

A couple of years ago, I was the biggest Codies "fanboy" ever. I still think their F1 games are some of the most entertaining games on the planet. It is so hard to believe GAS came from the same Co.!!! It's quite sad, and I like to think that it's not too late for Codies to redeem themselves. They at the very least, should load us up with plenty of free DLC....the very least they can do, especially when we can opt for a refund! Thanks for posting this unprecedented news.

TheHemps said:

If a ms employee not to buy games from this developer , if I was codies I'd take them to court for slander.

TheHemps said:

If a ms employee not to buy games from this developer , if I was codies I'd take them to court for slander.

You might want to get your law license before spouting legal advice. The Truth is a defense to a slander charge, in the U.S., and I suspect, in Britain. While I would not ever advise my employees to tell consumers not to buy certain games, Microsoft has a vested interest in this game doing well, so advising someone not to buy from a company that cannot (repeatedly) get simple testing right, is not slander. It's protection of your own interests with the truth.

Good to hear you got a full refund too, it's not quite unprecedented though, I received a full refund on the 11th of July.

I also had to go through a trouble-shooting session with one of their tech wizards before getting the refund.

Good to hear you got a full refund too, it's not quite unprecedented though, I received a full refund on the 11th of July.

I also had to go through a trouble-shooting session with one of their tech wizards before getting the refund.

Yes, I really think the advisors should be briefed on the known fault in the game so that the troubleshooting session can be bypassed, but either way I was surprised with the refund.

Good on you as well, I commend anyone that refuses to be walked all over.

I got a $2.99 refund for the Best of British Car pack. Even though it did download eventually. Hmm Wait maybe that's what Corrupted my Data??????