Sign in to follow this  

I will not buy F1 2014 because...(Constructive Input/Criticism)

Tourgott said:

Edgy.

The point I was making is that you still get Pratice, Qualifying, and the Race with F1 2014, as well as the entire driver line up, the cars, and the tracks. Is that on offer on Project Cars?

my argument is that I don't think there are any games that can offer the same level of authenticity of the 2014 season that Codemasters F1 2014 will be able to.

it's entirely possible that Project Cars may have better driving, May even be a better racing game on the whole, but out of the box you're not going to get the F1 2014 season, and cars. From what I have gathered the Project Cars F1 car is based on the V8s.

But sure cherry pick my post and attempt pseudo psychology, either or 

Project Cars offers Practice, Qualifying and the Race. You can also create your own career mode where you go through GP3, GP2 to F1.

Yes, Project Cars does not offer the driver line up and only 7 or 8 original F1 tracks. But I will always take a good F1 simulator without original data over a bad F1 game like CM's F1 series (except F1 2012 which was very good I have to say). And it's very likely that Project Cars will offer new tracks as a DLC because the game won't be finished for a long time after release. 

As for the V8: This is not a downside at least for me who hates the V6 sound. So I'm very happy they got the V8 and rumors are floating around that they will also include a 2004 Ferrari with the glorious V10 (also as a DLC).

Edit - Here you can find information about the career mode: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/career.html

That's cool, I've not read a huge amount into Project Cars, just look at it every now and then, I'm not trying to tell everyone it's rubbish and not to buy it because I'm actually looking forward to it myself. All though I am a bit concerned because usually when something sounds too good to be true it usually is, and they seem to be doing too much.

I'm just playing devils advocate because a lot of people are just coming in saying "hurr durr bugmasters f1 2014 is rubbish, project cars is better racing simulator". Codemasters F1 games have never been a racing simulator, they've never told us it's a realistic simulator. For what it offers there isn't anyone else who can match that. No other game without mods will be able to offer the entire 2014 season, with the full lineup and tracks. That's the point I'm making.

So yeah, personally I do prefer the V8's, but Project Cars isn't going to make F1 2014 completely obsolete because they're offering different content

I enjoy playing racing simulators as well, and I'm by no means saying the Codemasters F1 games are perfect, but I just wanted to offer an argument to the "bugmasters" circlejerk.

inb4 off topic

Project cars is made for high end PC's graphics sound everything and is starting to feel really good now. I've been playing it since the start. It as weekly updates and more important they listen to what we want from a racing game. Okay so you can't race on all of the F1 tracks  and you haven't got this year's car models so what the cars look ugly anyway, so to me that's not a problem. Then again you can't compare project cars with any F1 game yet. F1 is just F1 project cars covers a lot more from karting right up to F1 from some Formula One tracks to massive road racing circuits. If Xbox one and PlayStation 4 get what we're getting on PCs you're in for one hell of a treat. Now I've brought and enjoyed playing every single one of CMs F1 games, but this year at the moment I'm not buying 2014 from what I've seen so far, it doesn't look good and it doesn't sound good. They said they were adding to the classics and now totally left it out and I doubt very much whether they will add it to the 2015 game. But oh well atleast project cars will have them anyway. And why are codemasters always hiding only letting us see bits of this and bits of that it's not as if anyone else as the license so they are not competing with anyone. Let us see what you've done so far on 2015 even if it's just screenshots it will be really interesting to see its development for a change.

ckevinc1 said:

Project cars is made for high end PC's graphics sound everything and is starting to feel really good now. I've been playing it since the start. It as weekly updates and more important they listen to what we want from a racing game. Okay so you can't race on all of the F1 tracks  and you haven't got this year's car models so what the cars look ugly anyway, so to me that's not a problem. Then again you can't compare project cars with any F1 game yet. F1 is just F1 project cars covers a lot more from karting right up to F1 from some Formula One tracks to massive road racing circuits. If Xbox one and PlayStation 4 get what we're getting on PCs you're in for one hell of a treat. Now I've brought and enjoyed playing every single one of CMs F1 games, but this year at the moment I'm not buying 2014 from what I've seen so far, it doesn't look good and it doesn't sound good. They said they were adding to the classics and now totally left it out and I doubt very much whether they will add it to the 2015 game. But oh well atleast project cars will have them anyway. And why are codemasters always hiding only letting us see bits of this and bits of that it's not as if anyone else as the license so they are not competing with anyone. Let us see what you've done so far on 2015 even if it's just screenshots it will be really interesting to see its development for a change.

Thank you and now back to topic...

I do not want to hear something about Project Cars anymore in this Topic

Well I'm looking forward to Project Cars and that is why I'll not buy F1 2014. @BoomBasterd‌ Do you think I'm off topic?

:)

berre said:

Well I'm looking forward to Project Cars and that is why I'll not buy F1 2014. @BoomBasterd‌ Do you think I'm off topic?

:)

no thats okay :D

Because the series has stalled long ago.

-They can´t get right track limits, the game allows us to make a total mockery of them, even more tan in real life. Curbs don´t upset the cars, there are high curbs taken out to avoid upsetting bad players, there´s crazy grip on the grass and the turf. The result? People driving everything but the track.

- They can´t get right setup, there´s always a bunch of extreme settings that work amazingly well. If you don´t use them, you´re mega slow. I refuse to use 1-1 wings, mínimum ride height and max camber in every track. That´s nonsense. They don´t even give us an option to lock setups to default to bypass this mess.

These two things make multiplayer useless. And single player is limited by the terrible AI that can´t pass you in a straight line without lifting for no reason, and that brakes mega early everytime they´re not in the racing line.