Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Driving up to the marshal not marshall

it was interesting at first but I find myself running into the spectators after the race just to speed up the process.   

Am I the only one thinking that could get removed and it wouldn't be missed?

Yes.                                                                                                               

Nobody asked you....this question was for people who are capable of saying no once and while not the resident yes man
In his defense, it was an open question, and he answered. So you kinda did ask him. 

Nobody asked you....this question was for people who are capable of saying no once and while not the resident yes man
"This question is for those that agree with me as I want my opinion validated."

In his defense, it was an open question, and he answered. So you kinda did ask him. 
He always takes codemasters side.   But I think if he plays dirt 4 as much as he does dirt rally and as much as I played he's going to get tired of driving up to the marshall

He always takes codemasters side.   But I think if he plays dirt 4 as much as he does dirt rally and as much as I played he's going to get tired of driving up to the marshall
It has nothing to do with "taking sides" you fruit muppet. It's simply a personal preference, which happens to differ from yours. They implemented it because people asked for it. If you want opinions, then you have to be prepared for there being people disagreeing with you.

And no, still not tired of driving up to the marshal. It adds to the experience.

Fair enough Mr. Porkhammer.    I will just continue to run over the first spectator I see after the finish!
The fruit muppet was a joke by the way. Just trying to make you smile. <3

its a gimmick and it'll wear thin very quickly 
And here is the crux of the problem, you think your subjective opinion=objective fact. I personally think it adds a little something that was missing from dirt rally but who knows maybe it will wear thin down the line.

And no, still not tired of driving up to the marshal. It adds to the experience.
Especially when you get to the marshal sliding on your door. That's one heck of an experience :D

So i guess it is safe to assume whether you do it or not, the game does not penalize you lol. Just one of many many things devs put into games now and you have to guess what is going on.

Having to think about what you're doing after the stage ends makes a huge difference, I remember plenty of times in Dirt Rally where I'd be crossing the line and I'd go 'y'know, that's going to be a terrible crash' and it would be no big deal but now if I'm blasting through at the fastest speed possible I may genuinely get punished by having my car get damaged.

Gimmick? No.

Bobble-heads on the dash is a gimmick. Where have I seen that before? Hmmmm.

This feature adds immersion and authenticity, not to mention a small challenge at the end of the stage, depending on the stage layout. 

I like it. Keep it in.

I had rabbits on the very last turn before the finish in Sweden recently. Having to keep my sh*t together, cross the line, keep control and slow down in time for the marshal in those last three seconds was great.

Love this addition personally, so much better than DR. Never got tired of it in RBR, don't see why I would here.

> Players want more realism, authenticity, immersion, whatever, in DiRT

> Codies add flying finish ( drive to Marshal )

> Players complain saying it's a gimmick

Only thing I don't like is that once you recorded your time you can hit people all you want without penalties to save yourself from damage.
On that note, getting an instant reset to stage and 4sec. penalty for killing a person must be a joke :D

Who is Marshall? Is it the name of the Marshal?

Because that's some 
Nominative Determinism right there.

Alf72 said:

I wasn't aware the everyone asked for it, I never asked for it.   kobeshow said:
Only thing I don't like is that once you recorded your time you can hit people all you want without penalties to save yourself from damage.
On that note, getting an instant reset to stage and 4sec. penalty for killing a person must be a joke :D
This guy gets it.    if codies wants to make it realistic I should have to go to trial for murder for hitting the spectators.   And kiss all those hard earned credits good bye 

Alf72 said:

I wasn't aware the everyone asked for it, I never asked for it.   kobeshow said:
This guy gets it.    if codies wants to make it realistic I should have to go to trial for murder for hitting the spectators.   And kiss all those hard earned credits good bye 
PEGI 18, are you allowed to play then?

It won't happen, rally games will not become a GTA. 

I swear I saw a streamer get penalized for hitting spectators after timing, this was before launch though, maybe it got changed on the day one patch?