Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Le Mans 24 Hours

I know there's a WEC thread, but thought it'd be better to have a dedicated sticky discussion for the race this weekend.

Can't wait. This will be the first time in 6 years I'll be able to watch the start live, and I'm having a mate round to basically have a Le Mans all nighter. Crack open some beers and enjoy a cracking race, hopefully.

Rooting for the Toyota of Buemi / Davidson / Nakajima.

TBH, I'm just rooting for any British drivers, always want them to win, but in particular Davidson. So many times he's come to Le Mans and had it go wrong, this must be his time to finally get the win!

Also, would love the #99 Aston and Ross Gunn to do well. He lives literally just round the corner from me, and is the same age as me too, so I'm really hoping he can get on the podium!

Watched the qualifying last night and will tonight. Still seems odd not having Audi, there's even talk of Porsche pulling out. LMP1 would be completely ruined if that happens.

Hughesy said:
Watched the qualifying last night and will tonight. Still seems odd not having Audi, there's even talk of Porsche pulling out. LMP1 would be completely ruined if that happens.
Yeah, LMP1s running out of manufacturers. It would be nice to see other manufacturers return, like Mercedes and Renault. (Although Mercedes are probably still wiping their arses from shitting themselves in 1999)

Love Le Mans, gonna watch the whole thing again this year. Rooting for Toyota, not having my heart broke again like last year.

Hughesy said:
I bet as soon as I go to bed something exciting will happen.
I remember back in 2014 I went to bed when a Toyota was leading. When I woke up that car had retired...

mike96 said:
Hughesy said:
I bet as soon as I go to bed something exciting will happen.
I remember back in 2014 I went to bed when a Toyota was leading. When I woke up that car had retired...
30 mins after Mike posts...

Not again..........................................

LOL

The Japanese are great at making reliable engines aren't they....

This is all Mike's fault lol. I bet he went to bed right after his last post.

At least car #8 is still in the race, really want Buemi and Davidson to win.

Hah, I'm actually trying to stay up throughout the entire race. I should just keep my mouth shut... :(

SOMEONE BAN ME PLEASE                                                                                   

mike96 said:
SOMEONE BAN ME PLEASE                                                                                   
Stop Mike, car #8 will be next otherwise! ;)

Holy fucking shit, this is the most incredible race. Not even half way through, and 4 out of the 5 hybrids have run into massive issues.

I'm starting to think an LMP2 could actually win this race outright. That would be the most unbelievable story. All it takes is a problem for the #1 Porsche and it could happen!

Le Mans is utterly ruthless. You can't go into it believing you're going to win, because there's often nothing you can do about it. 

Decided I'm going to sleep soon and then probably wakeup at 7am, so please nothing too exciting happen while I'm away.

Also going to bed now. If I wake up in 6 hours time to find the #1 Porsche has been in the pits for an hour, I will actually laugh from a mixture of amazement, sadness and joy that an LMP2 may ACTUALLY WIN THIS.