Jump to content Jump to content

Any PROOF that a Console Patch for Corrupt Saves is in the Works?


Recommended Posts


The repeated delays & vague second/third-hand stories from CodeMasters regarding a console patch to fix Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt save defect have gone on for far too long to retain any credibility for me. I'm now finding it nearly impossible to simply take CodeMasters' word for it without any proof to back up their claims that such a patch is even in development.

I've counted at least 4 occurrences across 4 different weeks in which someone from CodeMasters has claimed (either on this forum or on the CodeMasters Twitter feed) that a console patch to fix corrupt saves was "in submission" with console makers and/or should be available "hopefully next week" - yet it's now been 2 months since Grid AutoSport was released & this elusive patch has still not materialized.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could release the entire Grid AutoSport game across all platforms.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could release multiple DLC add-ons for Grid AutoSport across all platforms.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could launch sponsored in-game events for Grid AutoSport across all platforms (this new Intel Challenge on RaceNet).

...So it seems unbelievable to me that releasing a console patch for critical game-breaking issues in Grid AutoSport has somehow continued to meet insurmountable obstacles.

The Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 are mature platforms that CodeMasters has developed numerous games on. CodeMasters, Microsoft, & Sony have all been rolling out countless patches & updates on these platforms for years. This should have been an easy slam dunk by now. What is so different this time that has delayed a critical update for so long?

@Satine @Loore @JustBigLee @Hatta ... Can anyone from CodeMasters provide customers with any hard evidence to support your unsubstantiated claims that CodeMasters does indeed have a console patch currently near completion to fix Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt save defect? Can you provide customers with any direct & verifiable information about the current progress & expected deployment date of this reported patch?

Link to post
Share on other sites
It is quite ridiculous and you bring up many strong points and arguments. So, CM reps, what say you?

Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, rFactor, and all the other titles are looking more and more tasty with all the neglect CM has been showing. I don't care if they have the official F1 license, doesn't make a difference if I can't enjoy myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Operator1 said:


The repeated delays & vague second/third-hand stories from CodeMasters regarding a console patch to fix Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt save defect have gone on for far too long to retain any credibility for me. I'm now finding it nearly impossible to simply take CodeMasters' word for it without any proof to back up their claims that such a patch is even in development.

I've counted at least 4 occurrences across 4 different weeks in which someone from CodeMasters has claimed (either on this forum or on the CodeMasters Twitter feed) that a console patch to fix corrupt saves was "in submission" with console makers and/or should be available "hopefully next week" - yet it's now been 2 months since Grid AutoSport was released & this elusive patch has still not materialized.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could release the entire Grid AutoSport game across all platforms.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could release multiple DLC add-ons for Grid AutoSport across all platforms.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could launch sponsored in-game events for Grid AutoSport across all platforms (this new Intel Challenge on RaceNet).

...So it seems unbelievable to me that releasing a console patch for critical game-breaking issues in Grid AutoSport has somehow continued to meet insurmountable obstacles.

The Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 are mature platforms that CodeMasters has developed numerous games on. CodeMasters, Microsoft, & Sony have all been rolling out countless patches & updates on these platforms for years. This should have been an easy slam dunk by now. What is so different this time that has delayed a critical update for so long?

@Satine @Loore @JustBigLee @Hatta ... Can anyone from CodeMasters provide customers with any hard evidence to support your unsubstantiated claims that CodeMasters does indeed have a console patch currently near completion to fix Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt save defect? Can you provide customers with any direct & verifiable information about the current progress & expected deployment date of this reported patch?

Last I heard, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny had signed off on the patch and was now on Bigfoot's desk waiting the final approval. Should go live any time now.


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zebrawire said:

Operator1 said:


The repeated delays & vague second/third-hand stories from CodeMasters regarding a console patch to fix Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt save defect have gone on for far too long to retain any credibility for me. I'm now finding it nearly impossible to simply take CodeMasters' word for it without any proof to back up their claims that such a patch is even in development.

I've counted at least 4 occurrences across 4 different weeks in which someone from CodeMasters has claimed (either on this forum or on the CodeMasters Twitter feed) that a console patch to fix corrupt saves was "in submission" with console makers and/or should be available "hopefully next week" - yet it's now been 2 months since Grid AutoSport was released & this elusive patch has still not materialized.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could release the entire Grid AutoSport game across all platforms.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could release multiple DLC add-ons for Grid AutoSport across all platforms.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could launch sponsored in-game events for Grid AutoSport across all platforms (this new Intel Challenge on RaceNet).

...So it seems unbelievable to me that releasing a console patch for critical game-breaking issues in Grid AutoSport has somehow continued to meet insurmountable obstacles.

The Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 are mature platforms that CodeMasters has developed numerous games on. CodeMasters, Microsoft, & Sony have all been rolling out countless patches & updates on these platforms for years. This should have been an easy slam dunk by now. What is so different this time that has delayed a critical update for so long?

@Satine @Loore @JustBigLee @Hatta ... Can anyone from CodeMasters provide customers with any hard evidence to support your unsubstantiated claims that CodeMasters does indeed have a console patch currently near completion to fix Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt save defect? Can you provide customers with any direct & verifiable information about the current progress & expected deployment date of this reported patch?

Last I heard, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny had signed off on the patch and was now on Bigfoot's desk waiting the final approval. Should go live any time now.


Surprised,  would have thought the aliens would steal the patch off a lone hard drive at CM that contained the only patch data available and we would have to wait another 6 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Operator1 said:


The repeated delays & vague second/third-hand stories from CodeMasters regarding a console patch to fix Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt save defect have gone on for far too long to retain any credibility for me. I'm now finding it nearly impossible to simply take CodeMasters' word for it without any proof to back up their claims that such a patch is even in development.

I've counted at least 4 occurrences across 4 different weeks in which someone from CodeMasters has claimed (either on this forum or on the CodeMasters Twitter feed) that a console patch to fix corrupt saves was "in submission" with console makers and/or should be available "hopefully next week" - yet it's now been 2 months since Grid AutoSport was released & this elusive patch has still not materialized.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could release the entire Grid AutoSport game across all platforms.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could release multiple DLC add-ons for Grid AutoSport across all platforms.

...CodeMasters has proven that they could launch sponsored in-game events for Grid AutoSport across all platforms (this new Intel Challenge on RaceNet).

...So it seems unbelievable to me that releasing a console patch for critical game-breaking issues in Grid AutoSport has somehow continued to meet insurmountable obstacles.

The Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 are mature platforms that CodeMasters has developed numerous games on. CodeMasters, Microsoft, & Sony have all been rolling out countless patches & updates on these platforms for years. This should have been an easy slam dunk by now. What is so different this time that has delayed a critical update for so long?

@Satine @Loore @JustBigLee @Hatta ... Can anyone from CodeMasters provide customers with any hard evidence to support your unsubstantiated claims that CodeMasters does indeed have a console patch currently near completion to fix Grid AutoSport's widespread corrupt save defect? Can you provide customers with any direct & verifiable information about the current progress & expected deployment date of this reported patch?

Hey @hatta @justbiglee‌ @loore @satine anyone care to respond to this or is it out of your hands and is it someone else's problem now? 

You know how far it would go to just give us abit more info ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soon find out tomorrow im sure they said they give out a update on friday, tbh i cant defend them anymore its has to done now! 2-3 weeks i can handle, 4-5 weeks is pushing my patience and 6-7 weeks is just plain ridiculous.... if it gets to 8-9 weeks then I guess I'm gone and highly doubtful that I'm coming back. I can accept mistakes can happen but this is leading to pure incompetence now.

But what has really annoyed me is the fact they put up a competition to "tempt" players back with real prizes but fail to address it in a fair manner, upgrades allowed and tuning allowed! so you are rewarding the players who have no corrupt saves a advantage over all others who constantly have to sell their best cars to be able to play properly.... it makes no sense, why would these players come back to win a prize if they are at a disadvantage of tenths of a sec per corner and a half of a sec per straight?

IMO they just hiding behind this smokescreen hoping the prizes will win back some fans and buy some more time to fix this corruption issue. -_-

Link to post
Share on other sites

My inside sources say that Bigfoot does not have to sign off on this update. But, Sasquatch has to, and he has been reported as AWOL. So that may have something to do with the delay. When I see Elvis I will let him know we are looking for him. I have to go feed Nessie and the Unicorns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
kimdurose said:

Be patient folks. I spoke to Lord Lucan yesterday and he assured me he is personally overseeing it.

yeah you'r right what is 2 months? I'm sure we'll get that patch when we'll be all playing on PS6! Tehy can't even patch a game based on physics of 5 years old. 25 Years experience they mention on their website! What a joke!

Link to post
Share on other sites
berre said:
kimdurose said:

Be patient folks. I spoke to Lord Lucan yesterday and he assured me he is personally overseeing it.

yeah you'r right what is 2 months? I'm sure we'll get that patch when we'll be all playing on PS6! Tehy can't even patch a game based on physics of 5 years old. 25 Years experience they mention on their website! What a joke!

25yrs exp on website but i can guarantee nearly all staff at cm are not even 25 now lol.  if they were older folk then the games would be find. instead they hired some young devs and screwed up.. toca on ps1 is still a better game. go figure...


its time CM stepped down from the gaming market

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...