Jump to content Jump to content

Dirt 4 PS4 - Handbrake button mapping on the Wheel

Hey Guys,
I love the game but there is one Major issue for me. I have a custom handbrake, wired to the L2 button on my Logitech G29.
The game do not allow you to set L2 or R2 as a handbrake!
I would love to see it´s done like Dirt Rallye, where you can mapp any Funktion to any button!

Greetings from Germany
Hey Guys,
I love the game but there is one Major issue for me. I have a custom handbrake, wired to the L2 button on my wheel.
I would love to see it´s done like Dirt Rallye, where you can mapp any Funktion to any button!

Greetings from Germany
I thought R2 was the default button for handbrake on a PS4 wheel, especially Thrustmaster?
Hey Guys,
I love the game but there is one Major issue for me. I have a custom handbrake, wired to the L2 button on my wheel.

Greetings from Germany
I thought R2 was the default button for handbrake on a PS4 wheel, especially Thrustmaster?

I forgot to mention :) I´m on a Logitech G29 and the befault button is circle.
Hey Guys,

Greetings from Germany

Oh I see, I thought that the controls even on PS4 were customisable on D4? @tbtstt mentioned he could change them at the launch event
Hey Guys,

Greetings from Germany

Oh I see, I thought that the controls even on PS4 were customisable on D4? @tbtstt mentioned he could change them at the launch event
You are right, you can customize the Buttons, but you can´t use any button for every funktion. For example: at the Moment I use 4th gear on my H-pattern as handbrake.
Hey Guys,

Greetings from Germany

I did indeed: not sure how closely the same applies to wheel users though! 

Just to check, you haven't got two buttons mapped to the same function, have you @CaptainSchpok?
tbtstt said:
Hey Guys,

Greetings from Germany

Just to check, you haven't got two buttons mapped to the same function, have you @CaptainSchpok?
So I just tested it. It's like L2 and R2 are not existing. I can't use them for anything. @tbtstt I made sure they are not used twice but Even on the default spot i can't use it :smile: 

@versedi I'm on PS4 like the Titel said
tbtstt said:
Hey Guys,

Greetings from Germany

So I just tested it. It's like L2 and R2 are not existing. I can't use them for anything. @tbtstt I made sure they are not used twice but Even on the default spot i can't use it :smile: 

@versedi I'm on PS4 like the Titel said
Thought it was worth mentioning: I initially had problems when I was reconfiguring the controller as I had two functions mapped to the same button!

Archived