Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weather/fog

Anyone else find the fog excessively difficult to drive through? I know decreased visibility is expected, but it's a little extreme. How can you go around one corner and it goes from clear to driving in pea soup, then clears up miraculously? Fog effect needs to be lessened.

Round my way the fog is like this lol. Ive driven into fog that hit me as quick as a cloud a smoke, then clear the next, and ive actually had to turn my lights off because they reduced visibility even more due to bouncing light off the fog back into my vision. Best part is a live in wales so its even more realistic lol

The weather effects are great. Frustrating at first, but very satisfying to get right when you've learnt and are familiar with sections and turns of the track at each location. You'll know how to drive the corners just by listening to co-driver, without needing to look far ahead of the track. Keep at it.

Ford Fiests R5 @ Michigan
https://youtu.be/XStW4gFWUiA
Mitsubishi Evo VI @ Powys
https://youtu.be/pfIx4n1MR10
Ford Fiesta R5 @ Fitzroy
https://youtu.be/v55ES4CqKY8

I agree, the effects are great visually. Just a bit heavy. Maybe a little less dense for a happy medium. Just a thought.

The biggest issue is against human opponents who drive with external camera. Huge disadvantage. I like it but only when against AI

i just think it's stupid how it goes from clear to foggy and clear again in like 5 corners.Just looks and feels dumb.
It does need more of a fade out. Atm it just seems like someone flicks a switch and then poof! fog gone  

i just think it's stupid how it goes from clear to foggy and clear again in like 5 corners.Just looks and feels dumb.
And I've had stages, described as "Fog Patches," which where fog bound completely from start to finish!

Stressful.

I didn't like the fog at first, now I'm enjoying it. I think the first time I encountered it, it was really thick and I couldn't see anything and it really threw me off. But I've adjusted to it a bit now. I'm not the best driver to begin with but it does add a some extra challenge which is fun. 

Seems like some people here never enountered and drove through a standing fog bank in real life before ?! even some that only last 5 turns are possible in certain forests.
feels completely realistic to me

SkyRex said:
Seems like some people here never enountered and drove through a standing fog bank in real life before ?! even some that only last 5 turns are possible in certain forests.
feels completely realistic to me
Exactly.

In Poland on Spring/Autumn fogs like that, occur almost every evening and early morning.

Sometimes you're not able to see more than 0.5m in front of the car.
If it's dark it's easier to drive without headlights...

It'd be nice if the fog was actually realistic. When it says fog patches and you make 25 turns over 5 miles, and the fog is equally as thick from beginning to end is the unrealistic part. 

It'd be nice if the fog was actually realistic. When it says fog patches and you make 25 turns over 5 miles, and the fog is equally as thick from beginning to end is the unrealistic part. 
Well... weather forecasts aren't exactly precise sights into the future are they ;)

Fog is fun, especially in online events. I like that you should make a decision to drive safely or take a risk and push a bit. 
https://youtu.be/_E_i_OP-Rg4

I just wish the sandstorms in Spain were dusty red all the way through and not just in the core.

Haha oh, how could I forget. The ultra realistic helicopter hovering twenty feet directly above the track creating an impenetrable dust cloud in Australia.... That's super realistic