Sign in to follow this  

Who else think codemasters did an amazing job with autosport?

Il happily say goodbye to all of the less supporting people that have slated codemasters off for the save corrupt on autosport. There's ways around it and it takes no more than 5 minutes to do. I'm gona continue playing autosport and future codemasters games because I'm not a baby.  I'm sure there's a huge number of people that will agree with me on this to so speak up! Don't listen to the 'refund' crap. You still have many fans out there CM. Screw all of the idiots!

Screw all of the idiots!

The game is fine, but the fact they are yet not able to fix the bugs for consoles makes it a fail.The only idiots around here are the fanboys who are so blind they don't realize they've paid for something they cannot use properly. Of course you will always have people who likes to be screwed.

fully with u there, i'm having a blast and not getting corrupted since i know how to avoid it. easily my favourite game and will keep me from getting a ps4 for a while. Even keep me off the new COD when it comes out. i'm still hoping we get a patch soon but i just think when we do, and when we get a playlist update after that, the game will be super awesome

Amazing job is a bit overated as still basic things missing from a racing game. Take the mirrors for example, yes I know they are adding them but to leave them out in the first place doesn't constitute it being an amazing job. However I am enjoying GAS and have already played it more than GRID 2. The most annoying thing about GAS is it should have been GRID 2 so in effect I've spent £70 on getting the game I was expecting last year. I haven't came across the save corrupt file issue thankfully,  but if I had I wouldn't be best pleased either.  Yes I hear you saying you can save to the cloud etc etc but alot of people didn't know that at the beginning as you don't expect it to be in a new game.  

What about the people who do back up 3 or 4 saves yet it still corrupts no matter what so they can't progress? The reason people are upset, is because Grid 2 had the same problem and even F1 has had it. It gets worse with each game and affects more people. CM should have seen the problem and fixed it from previous games, not release it then so far fail to fix it. Yeah, the game is good, but the save issue has affected so many people including people on PC with the patch that CM are going to lose money on future DLC and games

We'll for the fact that this post has been flagged for abuse. Says it all. Petulant. As for cloud saves yeah fair enough some people didn't know it from the start, it shouldn't stop them from using it now.  The rest of us are just cracking on with the game, enjoying at that! I see this as practice. 

I love the game, Ill continue to play. 

I dont think ill be gettiing the next CM game on release day,  

Ive been affected by the save corrupt,  every day for a month, untill I sold all my cars from my working savegame,  

Now Im not having an issue, I will just keep selling the cars, and gaining millions in the process.  

But just because I've not lost my progress, doesnt mean im not going to complain about this recurring problem. 

This is a game breaking issue for some,  an issue that should NOT have arisen in the first place.   

The very name "CodeMASTERS" suggests they know what they are doing,  for the most part they do,  but these little bugs, niggle away at people and frustrate people, to the point they come on here and light codemasters up.    

Quite rightly so! 

If they dont want angry posts directed at them, they need to learn from their mistakes, and MAKE SURE it doesnt happen again.  TESTING the game would help. 

But yes I love this game,  Its MILES better than Grid 2,  so much so, that alot of  Grid 2 players, found it too difficult and went back to the worst racing game ever.  LMAO

It still needs a RANDOM GRID ORDER!!!!

The game is awesome fun. People wouldn't care about the patch if they didn't enjoy the game :)

An amazing job would be a finished job. Autosport isn't that, unfortunately.

However, as I always said, Autosport is without question the best option out there at the moment if you don't own a console along with Forza or Gran Turismo and if you don't have a system that can run Assetto Corsa or Project CARS flawlessly. It's a HUGE improvement over GRID 2 and in my book it's definitely an improvement on GRID 1 as well.

The handling is great, the graphics look great, the game is well optimized in terms of fps and performance, the track selection is good and I really can't complain about the car selection either. Also, the fact that CM listened to their fan base for once is a sign that they might actually be learning something.

The game core is excellent but there is a considerable amount of glitches and bugs that slipped into the final version of the game. And that will inevitablty alienate parts of every developer's fan base.

The thing is, frustration grows and shows faster and more proeminently when you give people a great game that's being spoiled by bugs, rather than a bad game altogether.

When it gets to that point, fixes, patch delivery and constant support begin to matter A LOT. I'm on PC and after the latest patch addressing repair costs and stats reset, I can say the game experience (for me at least) has improved considerably. So, I wouldn't really call the guys on consoles frustratingly waiting for a patch "idiots".

Yeah, I like the game, I'll keep playing, I'll patiently wait for the rest of the issues to be fixed as they aren't game breakers anymore, and I'll probably get the next GRID title as well, whenever it will come out. But then again, I'm on PC and my platform at least enjoys support. If I was a console-head, this post would have probably been written in a very different note. :)

yeah ive had a rant or two about the game, but overall, for me, it fills its place on the market quite well.

I havent checked personally, but if the repair costs are indeed now sensible, there are only TWO issues that remain in the game that i rather werent there....but they are NOT game breakers for me...and ill be continuing to play.

1] no in-game chat

2] leaderboards are not cleared of cheats quick enough

some of the AI can be a little poor also, but i think this is more of a widespread issue in gaming...AI is never great.

So at this point, im a happy chappy with CM 8D

Game is very entertaining. After Grid2 debacle, i bought ps3 to play Gt6, but is was so not like Grid and i end up playing table tennis with move controllers instead :)

Still got some issues with GAS.

For me most important, besides text chat, is playlists matchmaking. We need more tracks and more class C ^^.

And what about car performance, at what point do car starts to lose its performance?  Also upgrades/tunning mess must be fixed. I want equal conditions.

Back when I could actually play it, yeah, it was probably one of the best games I've ever played. Handling is pretty much spot-on, online collisions are for the most part fairly forgiving and I had plenty of close, 3-4-way races online.

That's the only reason I still check the forum. I want this damn patch because this game deserves to be completed 100%.

@papawhiskey89‌  it certainly isn't rocket science but if your game save means that much to you then you should be willing to take the short amount of time to back your file up. 

@papawhiskey89‌  it certainly isn't rocket science but if your game save means that much to you then you should be willing to take the short amount of time to back your file up. 

But do you not see that this negates the good work of Codemasters? If they truly did an 'amazing job' then these game-breaking issues wouldn't be present in the game, let alone over a month after release. Now, that's just one of the many complaints levelled on these forums, yeah, some of the points aren't made well, but blindly saying that they did so well on this is incorrect. 

Also,

Screw all of the idiots!

Why? Because their opinion differs to yours? That's not how this works.

I don't think it's okay to call people idiots when they want a refund because they have a game that doesn't function properly, even if there's a way around it. You've obviously never heard of customer satisfaction.

Oh yeah, besides that and the AI problems, G:AS is pretty good fun. Better than 2 for sure.

I believe codemasters  have done everything in their power to sort this out. It's a Long process yes but to sell a game because of it?, I'm sorry but half of these idiots I speak of would complain if they were given a Bugatti veyron. There's no pleasing them. 

I believe codemasters  have done everything in their power to sort this out. 

I do hope you're wrong because if they have, still after 2 months .... oups I wouldn't be proud.....

The game is fine, and I just don't care about console glitches. PC master race. :p