Sign in to follow this  

Who else think codemasters did an amazing job with autosport?

Right, so accidentally overwriting your data is not a simple mistake? How far into detail can you go? Maybe whoever it were was occupied by something else... Haha.  Maybe he pressed the wrong button.... How much of an answer did you actually want?

Maybe you should work with CM and fix it for them

Just because some of us don't wana sit an mope about something tht hasn't been fixed does not make anyone a fanboy haha. Just because were not whiney about something that you lot are doesn't make us fanboys either. Just deal with the fact tht the save corruption bug hasn't been fixed yet. 

This thread title is very misleading despite the fact a sticky exists on the forum for this debate. OP we get it, you love CM and those who share a different opinion will do so in their own way. Eventually the patch will be released for every system and then you can burn each other however I got a feeling people love arguing.

@NWRCharger and @DiRTKiNG808

Please look into this:

http://blog.codemasters.com/careers/01/qa-technicians-southam/

TUSMBOX said:

And for the people saying "Grid 2 had save problems, they can't even learn from their mistakes," it had been said, multiple times, that the causes for the corruptions are completely different, and you, as a gamer, should not only understand that, but actually know that it's true. 

As a gamer  I dont care how its happen'd.     It should have been tested, so that game corruption doesnt happen. It was in Grid 2, and previous games, and its back again.  

Thats what annoys me,  

It's corrupting for a different reason though. Technically it's not the same problem Grid 2 had but a different one involving the new mechanics.

Still never should have happened, but nonetheless I will state that whilst I -could- play the game I enjoyed it.

I love the game. The action on the track is great and I don't mind leveling up, gives me something to work for. Sorry though, but I can't be arsed to back up my save after every play and then reload the game to make sure it is not corrupt. I shouldn't have to do it. I understand both sides of this story, but bottom line is that this situation should have been a priority over the rest of the bugs and treated as a separate patch. Anyway, one sides says "fanboi" and the other says "crybaby". Whatever, the truth is somewhere in the middle as always. I'm patiently waiting for the patch while playing other games.

Just to end on a positive note, I'm not giving up on CM just because of this, as some have suggested. They have always made great games, except for Grid 2 I guess, and this just a small hiccup for what has always been a stand up developer. I will surely buy their next Gen games as well.

It's corrupting for a different reason though. Technically it's not the same problem Grid 2 had but a different one involving the new mechanics.

Still never should have happened, but nonetheless I will state that whilst I -could- play the game I enjoyed it.
Different causes doesn't matter. If they tested the game, and specifically looked for bugs such as this, it wouldn't be problem. Plus with each game, it has gotten worse and affecting more people. Also shows how much testing they do when they try to release a bugged patch that thankfully MS found straight away with a bit of testing

> straight away
> with a bit of testing

Pick one.

Also, Lorre mentioned that Sony passed the patch, so it wasn't something that was easily located.

Is it grid 1 NO it's the new Jen team thay got it this time ..bugs are bugs a pain but as for the online racing and the racenet challenges totally amazing .. it's better than dirt3 and that is saying sumthing another legend game .. so yeh codmasters are the team for making racing games bring on dirt 4 ..

TUSMBOX said:
> straight away
> with a bit of testing

Pick one.

Also, Lorre mentioned that Sony passed the patch, so it wasn't something that was easily located.
With testing, as MS proved, the bug would have been found. If they tested the game before release they may have found and fixed it or released a day 1 patch. The problem was found in the 1st week, but instead of fixing it with its own quick patch, they've decided to wait while releasing DLC that some of us can't play. The Intel Challenge shows they don't car. They should have delayed until the game was fixed

Lemme get this straight:

> wants game to have been delayed to ensure bugs are fixed
> wants patch to be hurried and released to fix said bugs, despite a bug being found

Pick one.

Yeah, the game should have been delayed, it wasn't. They should have then fixed the game breaker asap, they didn't. Simple to understand what I said really...

Losing interest in this game now. The rubber banding in career mode kills it for me.

Between this, DiRT3 (still not had GFWL patched out of it) and GRID2 (a functional but utterly shit game) I think I'm done with CM.

Yeah, the game should have been delayed, it wasn't. They should have then fixed the game breaker asap, they didn't. Simple to understand what I said really...

So, let's say we have that patch, the one that got declined by MS, but we got it anyway. Everyone's happy for, let's say a week, then, BAM, thousands of corrupt files again, and people are even more upset. Surely you can understand how this wouldn't be a very look on CM's part.

TUSMBOX said:
I'm done with this conversation. The game barely came out two months ago.

My point is, it took almost 2 months to release a patch to Sony & MS, MS found a bug, CM recalled it, fixed it, sent it back all within 24 hours. Funny that it took 2 months to fix something and 24 hours to fix it again...

Hello, I am late in joining this conversation, after reading through some of the comments based on this topic, grid autosport is a masterpiece. The bug issues within the game, are in my eyes to be expected, the game has been built with a brand new engine, never before tried, and teething problems are inevitable. Some out there may stamp they're feet over the issues e.g corrupt save, car settings duplicating, and cars selling for 10.000.000 in game cash, when brought for 50.000. But they are going to be sorted, have patience, it will be worthwhile in the longrun.