Sign in to follow this  

Who else think codemasters did an amazing job with autosport?

GJ77 said:

Losing interest in this game now. The rubber banding in career mode kills it for me.

Between this, DiRT3 (still not had GFWL patched out of it) and GRID2 (a functional but utterly shit game) I think I'm done with CM.

If you're playing on PC you can disable the rubber-banding. It disables saving, but they completely change the races (most of them become easier although some Touring Cars tracks are still bloody difficult to win on).

GJ77 said:

Losing interest in this game now. The rubber banding in career mode kills it for me.

Between this, DiRT3 (still not had GFWL patched out of it) and GRID2 (a functional but utterly shit game) I think I'm done with CM.

If you're playing on PC you can disable the rubber-banding. It disables saving, but they completely change the races (most of them become easier although some Touring Cars tracks are still bloody difficult to win on).

I know, it was me who told you how to do that. ;)

The lack of saving is a big problem. A single race just doesn't interest me as much as a championship.

GJ77 said:
GJ77 said:

The lack of saving is a big problem. A single race just doesn't interest me as much as a championship.

I just complete them normally on Noob difficulty then replay them with rubberbanding off (and AI on Very Hard) later on. The AI suck with rubber-banding off anyway :-/

D4ZZL4R said:
Hello, I am late in joining this conversation, after reading through some of the comments based on this topic, grid autosport is a masterpiece. The bug issues within the game, are in my eyes to be expected, the game has been built with a brand new engine, never before tried, and teething problems are inevitable. Some out there may stamp they're feet over the issues e.g corrupt save, car settings duplicating, and cars selling for 10.000.000 in game cash, when brought for 50.000. But they are going to be sorted, have patience, it will be worthwhile in the longrun.

Good lord.

@papawhiskey89‌  it's the likes of you that I'm referring to as the idiot in this post. Negativity gets you nowhere. 

Other than the AI being a bit over Aggressive at times, this is one of the best Racing Games I've played on Console in a very long time. I've raced many racing games and this one is Fun and works well with my Wheel. Yeah Forza has more Detail and cars..  but it lacks depth and frankly I find it boring. I feel disconnected when I drive in Forza and can quickly become BORED with it. I like the Team atmosphere in Grid Autosport. I would like the ability to start my own team and hire my own teammate. 

@papawhiskey89‌  it's the likes of you that I'm referring to as the idiot in this post. Negativity gets you nowhere. 

That's a bit rude. I've every right to disagree with you. Doing so doesn't make me an idiot, same as how your blind support of an unfinished product doesn't make you all that much of an idiot.

What is so blind about the support? I am enjoying the game and it's codemasters that made that happen. Your like a bunch of babies that haven't been fed. 

GJ77 said:
GJ77 said:

I just complete them normally on Noob difficulty then replay them with rubberbanding off (and AI on Very Hard) later on. The AI suck with rubber-banding off anyway :-/

I didn't test it much but it seemed like only Ravenwest (who normally get some sort of speed boost in addition to the regular rubber banding) were adversely affected. Like I said before, it was harder to get from 16th to 3rd but easier to get from 3rd to 1st.

Anyway, playing every race twice seems like an awful hassle. What I might do is make a second Windows User Account and have a GAS session in there that never closes. Hopefully when I switch from that account to my normal account GAS will be suspended abd not eat up CPU in the background, though I've not tested this yet. I would have to leave my PC on all the time, maybe enable hybernation or something.

D4ZZL4R said:
Hello, I am late in joining this conversation, after reading through some of the comments based on this topic, grid autosport is a masterpiece. The bug issues within the game, are in my eyes to be expected, the game has been built with a brand new engine, never before tried, and teething problems are inevitable. Some out there may stamp they're feet over the issues e.g corrupt save, car settings duplicating, and cars selling for 10.000.000 in game cash, when brought for 50.000. But they are going to be sorted, have patience, it will be worthwhile in the longrun.

Good lord.

Would you have the same attitude if you have purchased a brand new real life car, and ran it out of juice, then discoverd there is no flap to put more fuel in.

Only to be told my the manufacturer that the fuel filler pipe etc, is coming in an update.  

Or if you buy a new TV and find your HDMI ports dont work?  You just gonna watch SD?  or take the TV back? 

People like you are the reason we have this situation.  Its not acceptable but you think it is.  

Next game, just send me $50 or £40 and ill send you a broken disc,  in the game box,  Dont waste your time buying it from the shop.  

What is so blind about the support? I am enjoying the game and it's codemasters that made that happen. Your like a bunch of babies that haven't been fed. 

You ignore all of the perfectly valid points that are raised against yours and revert to name-calling. Pretty simple.

All I can say is you lot are quite sad. To be fair even if save corruption were fixed you would just concentrate on the next thing to winge about. Either way I'm happy with the game, it's not 100% complete but whatever, il do what I can with it for how it is..... And to be fair I'd rather be dealing with save corruption then still wait for it to be released and to continue playing grid 2.... 

I Know I enjoy the game and havw had no issues at all with it even the ever popular savegame corruption bug has not shown up on my system and aside from the odd crash which you get from most games anyway it's ran perfectly on my PC.

I Know I enjoy the game and havw had no issues at all with it even the ever popular savegame corruption bug has not shown up on my system and aside from the odd crash which you get from most games anyway it's ran perfectly on my PC.
Hasn't save corruption been somewhat fixed on PC? The complaints are mainly Consoles. PC have had a few patches, we haven't had 1 yet

Hasn't save corruption been somewhat fixed on PC? The complaints are mainly Consoles. PC have had a few patches, we haven't had 1 yet

Not in my case, I'm afraid.

All I can say is you lot are quite sad. To be fair even if save corruption were fixed you would just concentrate on the next thing to winge about. Either way I'm happy with the game, it's not 100% complete but whatever, il do what I can with it for how it is..... And to be fair I'd rather be dealing with save corruption then still wait for it to be released and to continue playing grid 2.... 

Kindly shut up. You're getting on my t*ts now. You've contradicted yourself into confusion. You've gone from Codemasters doing an 'amazing' job to admitting that the game isn't complete. You're also admitting that you're having to take workaround steps to play the game instead of waiting the inordinately long time it's taking for the issue to be patched. 'Amazing' indeed.

I'm so very pleased that your simple self can enjoy the game to such a degree. If that's the case, please go and do so; stop littering the forum with your unfounded praise for a game still plagued by issues, continue to be happy with having to take additional steps to play the game that you, presumably, paid for. Others here expect products that they've paid for to work, teething problems can be expected in some cases, however the problems here aren't teething, I've been unable to play the game as I'm too much of an 'idiot' to feel the need to have to take pain-in-the-arse steps to make something I paid for accomplish one of its simplest tasks. 

It would appear that we have different standards when it comes to issues like this. And I'm not one for the 'low standards - it'll do' approach, sod that.

Isn't the forum the main place that you have the freedom to post your happiness with the game? 

TUSMBOX said:

Isn't the forum the main place that you have the freedom to post your happiness with the game? 

Of course. The issue is that NWRCharger doesn't understand that people are also freely able to post their concerns with the game, hence my response. Posting concerns here doesn't amount to people being 'haters' or having unfounded opinions.

Some are are still suffering from it I'm just saying that Autosport runs fine on my system without any hitches whatsoever but then none of the Grid games have caused me any technical issues tbh. Other than Grid 1 being hard to play at times but that's difficulty wise not technical wise. But lately I've been doing better at it so I'm happy.

Ahhhh @papawhiskey89‌, You talk so much crap mate, personally I posted this up to see the support codemasters were getting. Your saying the game isn't complete, it is complete it just needs fixing. That is all, if you can't work around that then that's your issue. Go twist on a different post.. Like I said, negativity gets you nowhere. I'm sure nobody wants to sit and read what you are writing just complaining about every little thing possible. Your boring.,