Sign in to follow this  

Who else think codemasters did an amazing job with autosport?

Haha go on, take it to heart. Call me a fan boy all you want, I'm a big fan of this game, I'm not gona hold a grudge against it that can be avoided with.... Oh guess what.... BACKING UP YOUR DATA.... If you can't be bothered to do that or want to just complain that you 'shouldn't have to do that' then go play call of duty or something. Once again..... Nothing but a bunch of whiney idiots. Get over it. Worse things have happened in life than making such a big deal out of data corruption on a game man. 

I'll just reply to this since I can't be bothered to read the rest of your idiotic, blind, ignorant replies to anyone who's tried talking some sense into you and your fanboy group.

I actually just tried to type up something to make a point about how you're so ignorant (unbelievably so) and how CM doesn't care about quality, but I've decided it's really no longer worth the effort. Go ahead and let them know it's okay to mistreat the loyal customers who sign their paychecks, while we are stuck with a broken game (or a stripped down remake of last year's F1 title).

If you don't understand the point that we unhappy customers are making by now, then I don't think it's worth the time to push on.

Cheers, puppets. Have fun.

Il happily say goodbye to all of the less supporting people that have slated codemasters off for the save corrupt on autosport. There's ways around it and it takes no more than 5 minutes to do. I'm gona continue playing autosport and future codemasters games because I'm not a baby.  I'm sure there's a huge number of people that will agree with me on this to so speak up! Don't listen to the 'refund' crap. You still have many fans out there CM. Screw all of the idiots!

how many lollipops have you been awarded for that

..... My point is, I'm happy with the game. Along with other people. Been a CM fan since the beginning and it won't be stopping there because of a small error in the game which can be avoided. 

and that was very good, 'till you branded some people with legit issues as idiots

@Operator 1, thats a bit childish along with the rest of this thread.  It not blind acceptance- its adapting to continue playing a game we enjoy. i couldn't care less about cm or whatever im not a fanboy i just love the game and want to carry on playing so i back it up and know how to avoid corrupt and know when its gonna happen. I'd say that was initiative. but the patch is here now so maybe everyone stops throwing toys and gets back to gaming hey. my two cents on this im not gonna argue, rant over. im gonna load it up and race now

and im not calling anyone an idiot, i'm just telling u how i've dealt with the situation without getting mad coz i just wanna keep on playing. and i have started again from level 120 and now im back there once i learnt how to avoid it. i have more money better cars and im better at the game. i just took it as a learning experience

D4ZZL4R said:

Hello, I am late in joining this conversation, after reading through some of the comments based on this topic, grid autosport is a masterpiece. The bug issues within the game, are in my eyes to be expected, the game has been built with a brand new engine, never before tried, and teething problems are inevitable. Some out there may stamp they're feet over the issues e.g corrupt save, car settings duplicating, and cars selling for 10.000.000 in game cash, when brought for 50.000. But they are going to be sorted, have patience, it will be worthwhile in the longrun.

It's not a Brand new engine in fact it's quite an old one as it's been used since the days of Grid 1 while I do agree that Autosport is impressive and I love playing it the game does have issues that in truth shouldn't be there. I've not had any issues personally as I've said in my other posts the game runs fine on my system but I acknowledge others have had problems.

@Operator 1, thats a bit childish along with the rest of this thread.  It not blind acceptance- its adapting to continue playing a game we enjoy. i couldn't care less about cm or whatever im not a fanboy i just love the game and want to carry on playing so i back it up and know how to avoid corrupt and know when its gonna happen. I'd say that was initiative. but the patch is here now so maybe everyone stops throwing toys and gets back to gaming hey. my two cents on this im not gonna argue, rant over. im gonna load it up and race now

Nothing wrong with trying to find legitimate workarounds.

Plenty wrong with exclaiming that a clearly broken game is "amazing" while disrespecting others who actively seek direct resolutions from those who created & sold the broken game (whether it be in the form of patches or refunds).

Nothing wrong with posting things like: "I love this game."

Plenty wrong with posting things like: "Those who don't love this broken game are whining lazy idiots."

Anyone using posts full of name-calling & personal insults to bully other customers into silence can't play the victim if someone bites back. (Speaking generally, not saying that you specifically have done so.)

Everybody wins if the game gets fixed, so it makes no sense to tell people to "shut up & deal with it & stop asking about patches" when we all stand to benefit from updates that address critical issues.

It makes no sense to me why some people are more upset about the fact that others ask for patches or refunds than they are about the actual fact that the game itself is broken.

...It's like some people actually want more broken games & don't want them to ever get fixed.

Seeing the same people block up this forum with the same issue over and over is just mind boggling though. The situation has been notified and will be dealt with when it's dealt with. 

I'm simply giving out options such as backing up your data to help but the response I'm getting is 'why should I'..... We'll if you want to keep your save data then do it? If your not willing to do that then shut up and stop blocking up the forum. It's simple. 

The reason people say, "Why should I?" is because they shouldn't need to back up their saves, especially an Online save when over 75% of other games save your online progress on their servers.

Nobody is personally attacking you when they press for game fixes or refunds, so there's no reason for you to personally attack them.

This forum will stop "blocking up" with requests for fixes or refunds when the game stops being so blocked up with critical defects.

Do you actually think complaining so much about it is going to speed things up? To my knowledge it's not even codemasters that are handling the patches, it's microsoft. So go on one of their forums and complain. Fair enough, the first 100 posts to have this dealt with are reasonable but anything you see now is people complaining that their save has corrupted, and I'm saying there's ways around it. If your not willing to do that then all you can do is deal with it until it gets patched.... 

NWRCharger said:

Do you actually think complaining so much about it is going to speed things up? 

Do you actually think that buying broken games & remaining silent about it is going to help get things fixed & get more unbroken games delivered in the future?

It's a free public game forum & I'll post what I want to post about this game here. This forum is not solely reserved for you & your opinions alone, and you are not entitled to throw raging insults at others who do not share your opinions. Nobody is forcing you to continue reading & responding on this forum if other people's opinions about a game are too much for you to handle.

Il happily say goodbye to all of the less supporting people that have slated codemasters off for the save corrupt on autosport... I'm not a baby... Screw all of the idiots!

(...Photo of an extreme example, but similar type of backwards thinking.)

then surely I'm allowed to put my opinion in Aswell? Ok, maybe I was. Little over the top calling peopl idiots but to take offence to that is a whole different story. At the time I seen 3 different posts giving advice on getting a refund for the game.... Hense me giving advice about backing your save file up.  The popularity of CM games goes down, the less effort they will put in which will result in loss of business, and the nomore product. I'm sorry like but I'm one for support. Yeah my example might seem far fetched but I've seen this situation before. 

@NWRCharger‌ My opinion is that you can only support people that disserve to be supported, but in this case CM who is in hands of that Indian Reliance Entertainment company since 2010, should have enough funds in order to edit decent games, which they didn't. I don't know in which they put their know-how, but it's definately not in quality. And honestly I'm really sad and disappointed, because they should be the leading company in racing games but they are not anymore, they screwed it up since several years. Sadly.

The time it has taken to release the patch and get those affected by the corrupt game save back playing has been very poor, although I'd rather the patch was fully tested before release (as it has been) rather than a patch rushed out which potentially make things a whole lot worse! Despite this, I have to say that IMHO Grid Autosport is an awesome game and I for one will continue to play it & enjoy playing it. I will also be buying more CM games in the future.

As a PC gamer I can only say i feel sorry for those console players that they have to wait this long, but it's not Codemasters fault. MS/Sony are taking so long, on PC it was patched within days the error was discovered.

I've only played G:AS for 60 hours or so yet, but it has been a lot of fun and I'm not done with it for at least a couple hundred of more hours. 

The only thing that has been annoying me during career is the AI. I've been playing on hardest difficulty from the beginning. And the AI just seems very DiRTy instead of skilled. Also the Ravenwest AI is rubberbanding. Rick Scott crashed and got in last position. With his damaged car he still pulled of the fastest lap time with a 4 second difference, 3 seconds faster than is qualifying lap.

Other than this and some graphical / sound issues I haven't had any problems, and it's just a very enjoyable game, with loads of content. 

@TURBODEVIN19‌ it's not the fact we had to wait this long, it's the fact there was such an error! it's inherant in all their games. That is purely a fail. even the gameplay is ok and that it is fun the fact that when you buy a codemaster game you never know anymore what you get: a game or a bunch of bugs, well I've had it. I will now continue to grind untill I have that last trophy for level 250 and then CM will be history for me!

berre said:

@TURBODEVIN19‌ it's not the fact we had to wait this long, it's the fact there was such an error! it's inherant in all their games. That is purely a fail. even the gameplay is ok and that it is fun the fact that when you buy a codemaster game you never know anymore what you get: a game or a bunch of bugs, well I've had it. I will now continue to grind untill I have that last trophy for level 250 and then CM will be history for me!

Are the last 5 words a promise ? 

I've never had any issues with the game except the repair costs which have been fixed and am now fully enjoying it! 

If it had the text chat in online it would have been 10/10 for me, now it's 9/10 and still the best racing game I've played ever (I am a GRID 1 fan too but it had less cars and tracks so it's 8.9/10) ;)

If all of you complainers think the game is crap simply stop playing it and move over, it's that simple.

But it's not Codemasters fault. MS/Sony are taking so long,

Sorry but it was their fault... they should never have let it happen in the first place lol.  However, it did and it's fixed now :)

Hopefully we can all get back to playing this great game. 

Personally, I'm very happy with the G:AS and to me, it has been a great choice as my last game on the PS3 before moving onto next-gen. It has also reinstated my faith in CM after GRID2 and shows that community feedback does matter and being taken into consideration.

Obviously it isn't faultless, but still a damn good racer. Many steps in the right direction, which I wholeheartedly support. For these reasons alone, I'll also be buying my first DLC ever tomorrow - the Sprint Pack, although being recycled content.

Keep it up, CM. I sincerely hope it pays off.