Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 | OFFICIAL HUD [VOTING]

The FOM graphics you see on TV aren't in F1 2017, however this is something we could look at  in the future  :)
@jennyannem A small compromise would be to allow the HUD to be edited through the modding community for PC players? Then the community can make all these suggestions in the forum for the game if they like. Anyhow, really glad you've decided to focus on other things more important to the game. :smile:

Finally a response, thanks Jenny!
F1 2017 looks really promising and I'm excited for it. You've made me even more excited for the next, cheers.

The FOM graphics you see on TV aren't in F1 2017, however this is something we could look at  in the future  :)
First clear reaction and it's not a "no" because. The chance is still alive guys. Hopefully we will get it next year.

Awesome Jenny! Thank you for the response, looking forward to hearing more of this option for 2018 and onwards!

Was watching a comparison video on YouTube https://youtu.be/PRsD9eHRZxM 

I don't know how they have managed it but the HUD now looks slightly worse (looks like it's been streched, why do that?) should have left it as it was, as was never gonna change for TV graphics 
whether the camera needs adjusting but it now covers the mirror also
such a shame another year no TV graphics 

FIX THE RIGHT MIRROR COVERED BY HUD

we have asked for months a new HUD, nor covering right mirror, please fix this

Does this mean you guys will stop throwing a tantrum about the damn hud that no one bothers with because they're too busy racing and looking at the road and why complain about the damn speedometer covering the mirror when you can look backwards anyway.

I VOTED NO I accidentally clicked yes because my phone is shite

Why are you all pleased with the answer? We all know since E3 that it is not in this years game. We still don't know why and we saw this answer since what? F1 2011?

The FOM graphics you see on TV aren't in F1 2017, however this is something we could look at  in the future :)

Where can I pre-order F1 '18

I think this would really help career feel more immersive and real. Let's hope we see it one day soon. 

The FOM graphics you see on TV aren't in F1 2017, however this is something we could look at  in the future :)
I'm not sure what your current deal is, but I don't think Codemasters should pay one penny to companies like Rolex (as featured in the official HUD) or any other 'sponsor' in the game.  They should be paying you.   Or, you should at least be getting a cut of the income that the FIA get from advertisers.  The FIA are quick enough to enforce rules on what you can/cannot do in the game.  The game is 'free' advertising for all the companies whose logos feature in game.  A better deal needs to be negotiated by your lawyers on your behalf.   This is a multi-billion dollar industry we're talking about.  Think small and you'll be treated as such.

https://twitter.com/_take_a_seat/status/890958854816747525

https://twitter.com/PaulJeal77/status/890981938810544128

roberto28 said:
https://twitter.com/_take_a_seat/status/890958854816747525

https://twitter.com/PaulJeal77/status/890981938810544128

So....2027? No? How about 2021?

So, this is the best example why we need the official HUD. Not just only for the gamer to have more infos and a realism feeling. For the spectators too. We have a F1 Esports series and the Codemasters HUD is very bad for a livestreaming. It's very hard to follow who is the leader, who is on pole etc.

An official F1-style HUD is a must have !
F1 Esports Livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2YsLVdUklo

Yes please! Would need to keep the MFD of course, but as CM have the licence surely they should be able to use the official F1 graphics in the HUD.

Are you kidding? You=Everybody? Wake up!
All of my friends and me just use cockpit cam!Always!
Just shxt up! Fanboy! (It is easy to find out!)

Isn't the speedo from Assetto Corsa?

As for the question, I said yes as I think anything that makes the game mirror the real sport as closely as possible has to be a good idea.

My only concern would be that picture 3, with the real drivers, would look great until you reach your generic character.

It wouldn't look right.

Yes.

However, the TV HUD was not initially designed for the kinds of things that an active player would look for. The game HUD does a better job of conveying the information you need as a driver.

That being said, I am all for seeing the TV HUD on results screens, replays, race introductions etc., just not when I am driving. 

Great, now we will get the "new" spectator HUD / overlay, but not for the players.
AND again nothing what we know from tv. What we have is just the official F1 intro before every session, and before the race starts we take a look on the track with official intros. But what is missing?
- official starting grid intros
- official broadcast F1 style design overlay / HUD (!)

Today is a big shame again. Because of the new spectator look, i think this is something, what they want to do for the players too, but this is again something, what is designed by their own and we do not want to have an own Codemasters HUD, we want the official one with everything what we know from TV. For every single player with big options what the player want to see and what not (like the spectator options, just for the player in the HUD settings).

Codemasters, when do we get the official things!
It's time!

liveTOwin said:
Great, now we will get the "new" spectator HUD / overlay, but not for the players.
AND again nothing what we know from tv. What we have is just the official F1 intro before every session, and before the race starts we take a look on the track with official intros. But what is missing?
- official starting grid intros
- official broadcast F1 style design overlay / HUD (!)

Today is a big shame again. Because of the new spectator look, i think this is something, what they want to do for the players too, but this is again something, what is designed by their own and we do not want to have an own Codemasters HUD, we want the official one with everything what we know from TV. For every single player with big options what the player want to see and what not (like the spectator options, just for the player in the HUD settings).

Codemasters, when do we get the official things!
It's time!
Totally agree mate, official intro, (official) spectator HUD for multiplayer. Why not introdude it in single player as well? Again this is half work.. We have asked for this since years and now our wish is ignored again.. Really frustrating!!

Codemasters please add this spectator HUD in single player as well, just in it current format is fine for us. Yes, it is not official HUD but looks very nice indeed. It seems little work to do but you Will make a lot of customers happy again!!