Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 | OFFICIAL HUD [VOTING]

liveTOwin said:
Looks great. I would really love this graphics. Would be nice if CM would allow modifications to the HUD, also for multiplayer. So everyone could choose to stay with the normal ingame HUD or a custom HUD.

liveTOwin said:

What I want to say is: This is so distracting! I love these kind of graphics on TV. I really do but what is the purpose of it whilst racing? That is really my biggest gripe with all this "official HUD style" It's not about the styling, it's all about mimicking what you see on TV. 

Sorry to be so negative about it but I'm just pointing out the obvious.

I remember someone last year referring to FIFA, I never played FIFA but bought one a few weeks ago. And when I come to think of it what you actually want is something like Motor Manager. If there was some kind of Manager style F1 mode I would be all for Broadcast style graphics. It would make sense.

And I want an F1 motor manager game so let's start begging for that (with official Broadcast Style Graphics)  :)

liveTOwin said:

What I want to say is: This is so distracting! I love these kind of graphics on TV. I really do but what is the purpose of it whilst racing? That is really my biggest gripe with all this "official HUD style" It's not about the styling, it's all about mimicking what you see on TV. 

Distracting?? Come on man, just focus on racing! On the straights you can have a look for your lap and sector times and drivers in front and behind you. 

Roberto31 said:
liveTOwin said:

Distracting?? Come on man, just focus on racing! On the straights you can have a look for your lap and sector times and drivers in front and behind you. 
Exactly So why you would want some driver information tab be sliding out demanding your attention?  ;)

Roberto31 said:
liveTOwin said:

Exactly So why you would want some driver information tab be sliding out demanding your attention?  ;)
That is indeed extremely distracting. 

Tunari89 said:
Roberto31 said:
liveTOwin said:

Wow if you find that distracting,I don't know how you complete a lap with multiple cars infront of you racing eachother......or are you always 1st? ?

martbloke said:
Tunari89 said:
Roberto31 said:
liveTOwin said:

Wow if you find that distracting,I don't know how you complete a lap with multiple cars infront of you racing eachother......or are you always 1st? ?
Probably because the HUD Codemasters uses is less distractive than that example  :p

liveTOwin said:

I remember someone last year referring to FIFA, I never played FIFA but bought one a few weeks ago. And when I come to think of it what you actually want is something like Motor Manager. If there was some kind of Manager style F1 mode I would be all for Broadcast style graphics. It would make sense.

And I want an F1 motor manager game so let's start begging for that (with official Broadcast Style Graphics)  :)
Because we are talking about an official product with all official cars, drivers, tracks and of course graphics.
Because the official graphics have more information like clock while practice and qualifying (Codemasters HUD haven't these feature - just for the last 5 minutes countdown) - because we interested to get more information about the drivers behind. For example elimination positions in Qualifying. The official graphics are working with detailed short information. And the official graphics are much slimmer than Codemasters HUD. We play an official product, so we want to feel that we play an official product with all features which are known from the sport. 88% of the voters like the graphics, you not. I understand you and i'm fine with that. So please understand me and the others. WE WANT THE OFFICIAL GRAPHICS.

liveTOwin said:
liveTOwin said:

Because we are talking about an official product with all official cars, drivers, tracks and of course graphics.
Because the official graphics have more information like clock while practice and qualifying (Codemasters HUD haven't these feature - just for the last 5 minutes countdown) - because we interested to get more information about the drivers behind. For example elimination positions in Qualifying. The official graphics are working with detailed short information. And the official graphics are much slimmer than Codemasters HUD. We play an official product, so we want to feel that we play an official product with all features which are known from the sport. 88% of the voters like the graphics, you not. I understand you and i'm fine with that. So please understand me and the others. WE WANT THE OFFICIAL GRAPHICS.
I actually wouldn't call official graphics slimmer. The Codemaster's own HUD is A LOT slimmer, than the official HUD and with slimmer I mean: You want to slap all of that information on players face at the same time, THAT'S not being "slim", and that's a fact!
Also, you shouldn't use "we", even though there's over 80% of you, who want the official graphics to be converted into HUD of the game, as with "we" you make it look like everyone wants official graphics, which, of course, is false. Even though we, who don't want it are in minority. On this forum, anyways.
Yes, you want the graphics, but the thing is this: The examples you made are extremely distractive. 
They take way too much screen space, and that's why I don't want them on the game as HUD as they are. 
"We" do not need to know, that who is on drop out zone on qualifying, "we" do not need to know, who's racing at the last position of the race.
All I need to know is: Who is right in front of me, and how far ahead they are, and who is behind me, and how far they are. I don't need to know who leads the race, that is, if I'm not racing against that said driver. 
You're correct on the session timer, though. Shouldn't be that hard to implement it, because Geoff Crammond's GP series had it, over 10 years ago! F1 Championship Edition had it, also over 10 years ago.
I don't remember seen it on Codies F1 game. Ever.

martbloke said:
Don't even try to be fun, as you're not. All of that unneeded information is just distracting the player from actual activity: Racing in the game.
Even blind dude would see AND understand that.

@BelgiumDude
@Tunari89

We get it, both of you fellas don't like the official HUD, as you want to "BE THE DRIVER", and that is fine, but why the hell do you want any HUD in the first place in that very specific case of yours, especially if you are only interested in "driving the car" and wish not to be "distracted" whatsoever?

With your "logic" of immersion the only way to drive the game should be with the HUD turned off anyways so your "subjective" points make no sense at all in the face of officiality tbh.

"Objectively" the new Official HUD is slim, very informative, got different overlays for the speedometer, are cartoonish and thus pretty much "perfect" for any videogame revolving around F1 racing, except the long column on the left but that got perfectly solved by liveTOwin.

Either way, this is the "OFFICIALLY LICENCED F1 GAME", so they have got a certain amount of obligation to include the official HUD into the game to represent the sports as close to the real deal as possible as all the other officially licenced sports games got it and as almost all old F1 titles had it as well.

If this was a unofficial title we were talking about, such as Assetto Corsa / iRacing / Project Cars / Gran Turismo / Forza, they could get away with this without looking like amateurs as those titles are absolutely "NOT OFFICIAL" racing titles per se but obviously just a bunch of multiple cars from different serieses thrashed into superior (semi-) simulators with the added opportunity of mod support for the most part.

By the way, people have already given a solution to your "dilemma":

Have both the Official HUD and Codies HUD as a option for the majority of the playerbase, this won't affect the minority looking for the feeling of being the driver as they wouldn't use any of the two HUDs to begin with.

Also to conclude, we got a official statement from Faya that it's something Codemasters luckily are indeed interested in adding to their F1 franchise, liveTOwins concept arts have beautifully shown that it would look fantastic and multiple members have given a solution to simply include options for all tastes, so why are we still "debating" about this?

Yes it's that black white if you don't want the official HUD you shouldn't have a HUD at all. Sigh! You should go into politics. 

I just want a good racing games. Not some game that is chocked full of distracting features so it looks more like TV. The examples shown every time over and over again ar full of stuff that shouldn't be in a HUD from a drivers perspective.

The tab with information about the driver in the Quali screenshot is a good example. Why is it shown on TV? Because people who aren't familiar with Formula 1 learn to know the drivers and their abbreviations. As a driver you should know the other drivers on the grid. You know how they look, where they are from and what's their name. So why on earth would you want driver information whilst racing? It does not make sense to put that there.

Yes it's that black white if you don't want the official HUD you shouldn't have a HUD at all. Sigh! You should go into politics. 

I just want a good racing games. Not some game that is chocked full of distracting features so it looks more like TV. The examples shown every time over and over again ar full of stuff that shouldn't be in a HUD from a drivers perspective.

The tab with information about the driver in the Quali screenshot is a good example. Why is it shown on TV? Because people who aren't familiar with Formula 1 learn to know the drivers and their abbreviations. As a driver you should know the other drivers on the grid. You know how they look, where they are from and what's their name. So why on earth would you want driver information whilst racing? It does not make sense to put that there.
Simple solution to your problem:

Turn off the HUD in the settings menu.

------------------------------

PS: If you are truly that interested in "being the driver", go ask Codemasters for:

-more information in the steering wheel display. 

-a helmet cam view like the one in Project Cars. 

-more audible relevant info from "Jeff". 

-more buttons to map on your racing wheel setup.

-a better "look to apex" function for those that do not have access to VR. 

-VR for the ultimate driver experience.

-better physics and handling model to make the cars behave more in line with the likes of proper simulators, assists will still be there for nubs and scrubs but this push to make the game harder would greatly benefit E-Sports and League Racing.

-more detailed ffb to feel every bump on the track.

-"Laser- or Dronescanned" tracks.

-better weather system to get a more believable and realistic transition. 

-better penalty system to get a more consistent outcome of punishment.

-improved AI for better racing in both SP & MP.

-improved Safety Car.

-Red Flags.

-cool down laps / victory laps into the pits after the race.

-driver changes for the whole grid and not only the player. 

-winter testing and on-seasonal tyre testing. 

-feeder serieses such as Karting / F4 / F3 / F2. 

-reserve / test driver role.

-additional custom driver accessories such as new official gloves / new balaclavas / new visor tints / new official helmets / new helmet designs / new helmet decals / new official sponsors / new kneepads / new official shoes / new fonts / new baseball caps or flat caps / new custom podium celebrations etc. to customize your own driver for both SP & MP.

-driver skill upgrades for driver fitness (affects how well your driver will behave especially at later stages of the race and the fitter your driver the faster you can corner without getting tired) / driver handling (affects how well your driver can brake, accelerate and turn the car) / driver intelligence (affects how many and what specific options we have got to setup and or to upgrade the car) / driver charisma (affects what options we have got to choose from on interviews or contract negotiations).

Etc. Etc. Etc.

There are so many amazing opportunities to improve the feeling of "being the driver", but wanting to not have the official HUD, as you do mate, doesn't affect this premise of "being the driver" at all.

Why?

Because the small amount of people who are looking for this very specific type of experience more likely than not would either turn off certain aspects of the HUD and or make it completely invisible to not be "distracted" anyways.

On the contrary there are also quite a large amount of people who will look for all the officiality in the world to get their dosis of immersion which will be possible with the inclusion of the official HUD + improved realistic engine sounds etc.

To each their own, options are what is needed.

PPS: Just a couple of questions to understand your background.

1.Do you use assists?

2.What camera angle do you prefer to drive with?

3.Do you use the HUD in said camera angle?

Tunari89 said:
martbloke said:
Don't even try to be fun, as you're not. All of that unneeded information is just distracting the player from actual activity: Racing in the game.
Even blind dude would see AND understand that.
Unneeded information?? Surely the designs show exactly the same info as Codies HUD!!??!! 

If you don't look at the HUD because you're always busy racing (fair play btw) why do you have a HUD at all? Surely you'd just use the engineer for info - less clutter and all ? Surely by your logic any HUD is a distraction!

liveTOwin said:

You are pointing out nothing, thats the funny part. You are just talking about YOUR POINT OF VIEW and trying to sell it to everybody. If YOU don't like it you don't like it, we get it. Why you acting like a 6 year old child where somebody is trying to take his candy away. Like others said, if you want to only be the driver and just focus on your driving, turn off the HUD and play quick races, because Career mode would be to much of a Manager type of Game Mode for you, so im pretty sure you don't play that. They should also delete the presentations and everything and information about the Circuts.

They could easily give us the option between Codmasters Hud and Official Hud, like many of us said a thousand times which you still don't get.. Stop trolling and move on..

Simple solution to your problem:

Turn off the HUD in the settings menu.

PS: If you are truly that interested in "being the driver", go ask Codemasters for:

-more information in the steering wheel display. 

-a helmet cam view like the one in Project Cars. 

-more audible relevant info from "Jeff". 

-more buttons to map on your racing wheel setup.

-a better "look to apex" function for those that do not have access to VR. 

-VR for the ultimate driver experience.

-better physics and handling model to make the cars behave more in line with the likes of proper simulators, assists will still be there for nubs and scrubs but this push to make the game harder would greatly benefit E-Sports and League Racing.

-more detailed ffb to feel every bump on the track.

-"Laser- or Dronescanned" tracks.

-better weather system to get a more believable and realistic transition. 

-better penalty system to get a more consistent outcome of punishment.

-improved AI for better racing in both SP & MP.

-improved Safety Car.

-Red Flags.

-cool down laps / victory laps into the pits after the race.

-driver changes for the whole grid and not only the player. 

-winter testing and on-seasonal tyre testing. 

-feeder serieses such as Karting / F4 / F3 / F2. 

-reserve / test driver role.

-additional custom driver accessories such as new official gloves / new balaclavas / new visor tints / new official helmets / new helmet designs / new helmet decals / new official sponsors / new kneepads / new official shoes / new fonts / new baseball caps or flat caps / new custom podium celebrations etc. to customize your own driver for both SP & MP.

-driver skill upgrades for driver fitness (affects how well your driver will behave especially at later stages of the race and the fitter your driver the faster you can corner without getting tired) / driver handling (affects how well your driver can brake, accelerate and turn the car) / driver intelligence (affects how many and what specific options we have got to setup and or to upgrade the car) / driver charisma (affects what options we have got to choose from on interviews or contract negotiations).

Etc. Etc. Etc.

There are so many amazing opportunities to improve the feeling of "being the driver", but wanting to not have the official HUD, as you do mate, doesn't affect this premise of "being the driver" at all.

Why?

Because the small amount of people who are looking for this very specific type of experience more likely than not would either turn off certain aspects of the HUD and or make it completely invisible to not be "distracted" anyways.

On the contrary there are also quite a large amount of people who will look for all the officiality in the world to get their dosis of immersion which will be possible with the inclusion of the official HUD + improved realistic engine sounds etc.

To each their own, options are what is needed.

PPS: Just a couple of questions to understand your background.

1.Do you use assists?

2.What camera angle do you prefer to drive with?

3.Do you use the HUD in said camera angle?

That's your simpel solution? I totally have no problems with the HUD as it is now so why should I turn of the HUD? The most simple solution is too not add stupid distracting features! It will cost less and give more time to develop the stuff that is really needed in the game.

Flazh92 said:
liveTOwin said:

You are pointing out nothing, thats the funny part. You are just talking about YOUR POINT OF VIEW and trying to sell it to everybody. If YOU don't like it you don't like it, we get it. Why you acting like a 6 year old child where somebody is trying to take his candy away. Like others said, if you want to only be the driver and just focus on your driving, turn off the HUD and play quick races, because Career mode would be to much of a Manager type of Game Mode for you, so im pretty sure you don't play that. They should also delete the presentations and everything and information about the Circuts.

They could easily give us the option between Codmasters Hud and Official Hud, like many of us said a thousand times which you still don't get.. Stop trolling and move on..
Oh so I'm the 6 years old? Yeah I'm the one demanding and demanding my candy over and over and be aggressive to everyone that says I don't need anymore candy  o:) Hypocrite! 

As per the forum rules: "We are more than happy for people to discuss matters on the Forum which will raise strong opinions, just don't ever express your opinions in an abusive or overly aggressive tone. High spirits are fine, abuse is not."

Due to the arguments, I'm closing this thread.