Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 | OFFICIAL HUD [VOTING]

Voted yes, as realism includes proper official presentation as well, and to those who say these pics are not ideal for a driver, don't forget that opacity could easily be implemented to make this "problem" a non issue!

Codemasters have got the experience and the following to make this happen, it seems like they purposefully chose their own interpretation instead though.....

Voted yes, as realism includes proper official presentation as well, and to those who say these pics are not ideal for a driver, don't forget that opacity could easily be implemented to make this "problem" a non issue!

Codemasters have got the experience and the following to make this happen, it seems like they purposefully chose their own interpretation instead though.....
i have the crazy feeling, that they're using there own graphics because they want to represent codemasters a little bit as the publisher of formula 1 game. really, you can make a great and useful HUD for the game with all these official graphics. sony did a great job in 2006. now we are 11 years further and they can't implement the official HUD? ridiculous!

Why not make it optional, people who like the official hud can drive with the official hud and people who dont like it drive with the default cm hud. Everyone happy right? I dont know if that would be possible, its just an idea. 
great idea but i can not understand the people who are loving codemasters HUD more than the official one... if the official HUD has got the same information and just a better overview. it should be optional like tcam for everyone. if someone like to see just the top 5 so let him setup the HUD to this option. same for top 10 or all cars if someone would like to have all detailed information about all cars and there lap tiomes or positions. the official HUD is mutch narrow than Codemasters HUD. i swear everybody would like it because it looks fresh and the game will get a new face.

Yes. But only if you can turn it off. Although that I would still use it. This could come so hard in hand when you stay out longer than the person you're racing and you can see what the gap is between f.e. p5 and p11 so that you can do an overcut and come out ahead of the person you're racing

Yuqu13 said:
Yes. But only if you can turn it off. Although that I would still use it. This could come so hard in hand when you stay out longer than the person you're racing and you can see what the gap is between f.e. p5 and p11 so that you can do an overcut and come out ahead of the person you're racing
This is exactly what the functionality of the official HUD is. It adds more information to the player, opportunity for other strategy. Its not only that is has more realism but also its functionality. For example, it also shows the difference between  fresh or old tyres. 

I think the mfd hud codies produce is the best. As for results screens and stuff, I want that in official f1 like the intro is now official f1

roberto28 said:
Yuqu13 said:
This is exactly what the functionality of the official HUD is. It adds more information to the player, opportunity for other strategy. Its not only that is has more realism but also its functionality. For example, it also shows the difference between  fresh or old tyres. 
It is also quite compact and looks professional as well

roberto28 said:
Yuqu13 said:
It is also quite compact and looks professional as well
Thats unfortunately the problem, there is a lack of professionality in the codemasters games, including the cartoonish graphics, lay out. But thats probably associated with financial posibilities. EA is a big company with a lot of money which gives them the possibility to produce high quality games, including the new engine, official league lay out, stadiums, player transfers. 

I vote yes but I don't really care either way. Image 2 and 3 certainly but I'd only want 1 if it wasn't so cluttered and you could pick which parts of it you want and edit the sizes of each part etc. like some games do.

of course yes.. It is an OFFICIAL F1 Game.. It should be the other way to give those people the option to switch the HUD from the Official one to what it is now instead the other way... Makes absolutley no sense to me why Codies couldn't implement both HUDS in the game. Still waiting for an response but the community is always left behind.. I don't get it why they don't interact with us more so we can get a perfect F1 game...

All of the "ingame" images look terrible. The screen get so cluttered with all those stuff + MFD + notifications.
Also image 3 bottom right corner, I hate that so much. Takes so much space for now reason at all. I used to love playing with official HUDs, but now they just seem clunky to me.

Let me see how many people get mad at me for stating my opinion.

I would probable only have this in replays or the build up to a race. I play with no HUD, so this doesn't bother me. This is why I've been asking for more information on the wheel so you don't need a HUD. Real life drivers don't have a HUD in their helmets. :smiley:

UP100 said:
All of the "ingame" images look terrible. The screen get so cluttered with all those stuff + MFD + notifications.
Also image 3 bottom right corner, I hate that so much. Takes so much space for now reason at all. I used to love playing with official HUDs, but now they just seem clunky to me.

Welcome in these discussion. And again for someone who hasn't reading the posts before.
Dear @UP100 if this looks terrible because they seem clunky to you, first these pictures are photoshop demos which means nothing is in the original size like it would be in the game later and second you have the chance to set the graphics like you want to have in different areas and there should be an option how many positions you want to see on screen! This should be No problem for you.

We are Not talking about how the demo pictures are looking because they are only examples for people who dont know what these poll is about, this poll is the mirror of your Yes i want the official HUD, No i don't like it in the game. 

So, as you said, because you like to play or use official HUD's is it a yes and no ;)
How codemasters will use the official F1-style HUD and how many options a gamer have is there own thing. The main topic is and should be the question and not the pictures!!!

liveTOwin said:
UP100 said:

Welcome in these discussion. And again for someone who hasn't reading the posts before.
Dear @UP100 if this looks terrible because they seem clunky to you, first these pictures are photoshop demos which means nothing is in the original size like it would be in the game later and second you have the chance to set the graphics like you want to have in different areas and there should be an option how many positions you want to see on screen! This should be No problem for you.

We are Not talking about how the demo pictures are looking because they are only examples for people who dont know what these poll is about, this poll is the mirror of your Yes i want the official HUD, No i don't like it in the game. 

So, as you said, because you like to play or use official HUD's is it a yes and no ;)
How codemasters will use the official F1-style HUD and how many options a gamer have is there own thing. The main topic is and should be the question and not the pictures!!!
Well as you didn't understand the HUD is cluttered with stuff anyways and it has no real chance to look in good while playing to me. F1 HUD has too many different elements which show the same thing over again in my opinion. Only thing I would like to see would be the minisectors like in TV.

UP100 said:
liveTOwin said:
UP100 said:

Well as you didn't understand the HUD is cluttered with stuff anyways and it has no real chance to look in good while playing to me. F1 HUD has too many different elements which show the same thing over again in my opinion. Only thing I would like to see would be the minisectors like in TV.
We never said we want to have all stuff of informations in the game. The HUD should look like the official HUD / graphics. The design is important to know we are playing the official product of f1. Thats our wish. We do not need every original infos which are only for the broadcast viewer. Just the main things which are important for gaming. The function would be the same like now, but in a new official look with the official graphics.

liveTOwin said:
UP100 said:
liveTOwin said:
UP100 said:

We never said we want to have all stuff of informations in the game. The HUD should look like the official HUD / graphics. The design is important to know we are playing the official product of f1. Thats our wish. We do not need every original infos which are only for the broadcast viewer. Just the main things which are important for gaming. The function would be the same like now, but in a new official look with the official graphics.
Exactly, the same lay out as Codies but with the official HUD graphics and colours 

I wonder how hard is it to not argue about someone's opinion @liveTOwin
Carry on, would you? I said I feel they are clunky and I only see them as being in TV broadcast. I used to play with them in rFactor, but I realised quite soon that I don't really like it. That's why I tried customizing it, but I was never happy with the result.

1.4 k views, 105 votes.....

"GG Codies F1 community" o.O
roberto28 said:
Both threads on the forum have more than 12 k views. This Should not be ignored !
That's mainly due to people clicking on here to check back the results and reply, to keep the thread going. And also people like me who click on it look through and then leave it. For example it's currently 9:30am on a Sunday that also happens to be fathers day, so you would think not too many people are online. And 46 are currently on, so lets think what it would be like around peak times. 

haydn23 said:
1.4 k views, 105 votes.....

"GG Codies F1 community" o.O
roberto28 said:
Both threads on the forum have more than 12 k views. This Should not be ignored !
That's mainly due to people clicking on here to check back the results and reply, to keep the thread going. And also people like me who click on it look through and then leave it. For example it's currently 9:30am on a Sunday that also happens to be fathers day, so you would think not too many people are online. And 46 are currently on, so lets think what it would be like around peak times. 

Its a fucking joke ! What a stupid suggestion