Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 | OFFICIAL HUD [VOTING]

Between conclusion
There are 97 votes for an official HUD in F1 games, which means 87 %
There are 12 votes against an official HUD in F1 games, which means 13 %

So, for now, it's very clear. There have to be an official F1-style HUD in F1 games, Codemasters.

liveTOwin said:
Between conclusion

So, for now, it's very clear. There have to be an official F1-style HUD in F1 games, Codemasters.

There are about 100 000 people playing the F1 games by Codemasters and you think a poll of about 100 people should decide... well, anything? 

Look at how long it took CM to give us the official loading screen graphic....Eventually we will get an official HUD.  I've said it before, CM main priority should be to add more info to the steering wheel.  I still don't get why it's so hard for them to do it. After Pcars1 came out it was a heavily requested feature. That whole MFD thing should have been been on the steering wheel and not a HUD overlay for 2016. 

It really annoys me how CM picks and chooses items to be included/omitted in their F1 game only so they can use it as a selling feature for the next instalment...wrong approach if you ask me. 

Being that it's the official F1 game, it's ironic this thread exists the way it does. If anything we should have had the official HUD from day 1 of the series and this poll should ironically be about whether to keep it or not. If this was all true then hypothtically we obviously should, going by those who care enough about this game to have an opinion here.

Obviously my vote is yes.

Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:
Between conclusion

There are about 100 000 people playing the F1 games by Codemasters and you think a poll of about 100 people should decide... well, anything? 
I mean, it's clear for now ;)

Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:
Between conclusion

Like I just said, those that care enough are here contributing.

auroboros said:
Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:
Between conclusion

Like I just said, those that care enough are here contributing.
Like i said, those who voted are for yes or no. This result is very clear. All other players who saw this poll (2K ;)) and do not voted until now, it seems to be no matter for them. So we have a clear result.

I think the result is very clear 2K don't care about the HUD and therefore can be considered NO voters  :p

Where in the official HUD are the "PIT" and "FUEL" icons? how would the MFD fit it? People think it is as easy as copy pasting an image, but if we look at the bigger picture, there is so much more information needed in a game than in a tv-broadcast. It would be really hard to use the official HUD and then plop in an MFD somewhere without it looking like that awkward moment when you accidentally open up File Explorer and it appears in front of the game you're playing.

The current HUD is just fine and as Tway said:
Tway said:

As it is.. the existing hud is not fancy, not particularly pretty, but it gives me exactly the information I need and want without blocking my view. Every example picture of official-hud-in-game I've seen (though I admit I have not been actively searching for them) have been immensely obtrusive, and I really do wonder how happy people will be with it when they didn't see a car stopped on the road in front of them till it was too late because it was hidden behind some interface element.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the official HUD, but for a game it's just not really effective.

VaziT said:
Where in the official HUD are the "PIT" and "FUEL" icons? how would the MFD fit it? People think it is as easy as copy pasting an image, but if we look at the bigger picture, there is so much more information needed in a game than in a tv-broadcast. It would be really hard to use the official HUD and then plop in an MFD somewhere without it looking like that awkward moment when you accidentally open up File Explorer and it appears in front of the game you're playing.

The current HUD is just fine and as Tway said:
Tway said:

As it is.. the existing hud is not fancy, not particularly pretty, but it gives me exactly the information I need and want without blocking my view. Every example picture of official-hud-in-game I've seen (though I admit I have not been actively searching for them) have been immensely obtrusive, and I really do wonder how happy people will be with it when they didn't see a car stopped on the road in front of them till it was too late because it was hidden behind some interface element.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the official HUD, but for a game it's just not really effective.
Fair statements. It would be very easy to design one with the official styling though, complimenting official timers and rev display etc.

VaziT said:

Here you have all your answers. Pit and Fuel under speedometer and all other graphics which will be shown on screen.

Something to consider: the official FOM graphics change every few years. It's additional work to keep up with the changes instead of just using the Codemasters HUD. 

liveTOwin said:
VaziT said:

Here you have all your answers. Pit and Fuel under speedometer and all other graphics which will be shown on screen.

This is exactly the type of HUD that Codies could have given us ages ago.

If we, the fanbase / hobby modders, are able to create these ourselves in a matter of no time how come a professional studio simply won't do it???

It literally can be coded in by an absolute amateur, and a "officially licenced" game should always strive to get its presentation spot on.....

Codies ways of handling this matter is totally regressive and makes no sense at all, at least they could straight out tell their fanbase why they have decided to take this ridiculous route of stubborness, instead of ommitting the truth which only further destroys any trust that the community has left for their "favorite" gamestudio.

Sector4 said:
Something to consider: the official FOM graphics change every few years. It's additional work to keep up with the changes instead of just using the Codemasters HUD. 
Dude, do you seriously believe that a "professional gamestudio", such as Codemasters, won't be able to correctly alter their HUD accordingly to what the official one respectively will be in the future???

Sector4 said:
Last change was in 2015, there are only some little updates every year. But where is the problem to update it if the official graphics are changed. You guys with a voted "NO" are always looking for reasons to make it bad. You have to see slowly that the HUD is good to use it very easy with good ideas into the game. And it looks better, slim, better overview. With your own settings you can use the HUD very well. We get more informations which we are missing in Codie's HUD. 

Icemanrk said:
Here is my opinion : I don't care, why having the Official HUD is so important
because it's the official F1 game and it's very easy to use it for a lot of informations and it's mutch better. Not so cluttered

ffigueir said:
Can't understand why some people voted "NO"
Because we think the time to do it, even it was just a day, could be used to improve the game in much more important areas. I can't understand why people voted yes. It's just not that important

ffigueir said:
Because we think the time to do it, even it was just a day, could be used to improve the game in much more important areas. I can't understand why people voted yes. It's just not that important
Of course there are things which have to be improved. You right. There are mutch different areas which are not perfect. At this point I think that the game should be get a fresh wind with a new look at the screen.

ffigueir said:
I don't find driving classic cars that important either. Each to their own.

Classic cars and alternative circuit layout are not high priority 

its the official Formula 1 game of season 2017. This Should be the main focus

roberto28 said:

Yes and they should have commercial breaks like on TV  :/

roberto28 said:

Yes and they should have commercial breaks like on TV  :/
Like in Belgium but not in Holland