Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 | OFFICIAL HUD [VOTING]

auroboros said:
ffigueir said:
Can't understand why some people voted "NO"
Because we think the time to do it, even it was just a day, could be used to improve the game in much more important areas. I can't understand why people voted yes. It's just not that important
I don't find driving classic cars that important either. Each to their own.
Before they were there just like the official HUD would be, but now they are an asset to Career Mode to make it refreshing, the HUD would be nice but it's not the end of the world if it's not there. And keep your argument of the "Official F1 Game" that's the only thing that I kind of agree 

roberto28 said:
Classic cars and alternative circuit layout are not high priority 

its the official Formula 1 game of season 2017. This Should be the main focus

Classic cars may not be a priority for you but its the kind of stuff that sells more games. The number of people that will make a purchase decision based on classic car content far outweighs the number of people would would buy it based on the inclusion of the offiicial HUD. My guess is the number of people that would actively boycott the product due to lack of official HUD is less than 100 out of a user base of 1 million.

The people on here represent 0.1% of the userbase or less, and probably the % that will mostly buy the game no matter what. It's the less committed people who they are trying to convince to purchase, and those people have probably already got F1 2016, so they need to see significant add ons to the product to make it worth their while. 12 classic cars is a significant add on and something CM can make a great marketing campaign out of. If Cm had announced official HUD as a major feature for F1 2017 for me it would have been a meh and probably I would have not picked up the game |(didn't buy F`1 2014 because I didn't see enough changes over F1 2013). The addition of the classics has changed the game from meh to Day 1 for me, and I suspect a lot of other people.

roberto28 said:
roberto28 said:

Yes and they should have commercial breaks like on TV  :/
Like in Belgium but not in Holland 
Oh we can have them without commercial breaks as well if we pay,  so it's true there should be a special edition that is triple the price if you don't want the commercial breaks. Even more realism  B)

And to add even more realism for Holland you can't get the normal edition and only play the special edition in some parts of Holland.  :p

i wonder when the community manager will respond this for the future. No time for 2017 i bet... the focus is clearly different this year. 

roberto28 said:
roberto28 said:

Yes and they should have commercial breaks like on TV  :/
Like in Belgium but not in Holland 
Oh we can have them without commercial breaks as well if we pay,  so it's true there should be a special edition that is triple the price if you don't want the commercial breaks. Even more realism  B)

And to add even more realism for Holland you can't get the normal edition and only play the special edition in some parts of Holland.  :p
Exactely, I waited Some weeks for the normal edition. Got the non-special edition package from media markt and when I played career extra r&d was given because it seemed the special edition career booster

...we think the time to do it, even it was just a day, could be used to improve the game in much more important areas...
Lets say there is only 200 working days in the year. If they spent 0.5% giving the game a nicer, more intuitive hub to please those that want one, they could still spend the other 99.5% on more important things.

FRACTURED said:
...we think the time to do it, even it was just a day, could be used to improve the game in much more important areas...
Lets say there is only 200 working days in the year. If they spent 0.5% giving the game a nicer, more intuitive hub to please those that want one, they could still spend the other 99.5% on more important things.

No way! If they make a new HUD it must be done perfectly not some rush job. 

FRACTURED said:

No way! If they make a new HUD it must be done perfectly not some rush job. 
Agree, mate.

I just saw a video about what we can expect from F1 2017 and it got me all excited and for me it says enough why I don't want Codies to waste time on an official TV HUD. 

First of all they refined the HUD and from the part that I could see already it looks amazing. The speedometer is way more comprehensive than the official one. Second they have rebuild the R&D upgrade system and from what I can tell it's quite complicated and has me over on putting a pre-order on the game as soon as it hits the PSN store.

Most of the sentiment in the official TV HUD topics has been that F1 2017 is just the same as 2016 and therefore there should be time enough to change the HUD. From the information that starts leaking this is totally not true. W don't need an official TV HUD to have a leap from 2016. There seems to be already a lot of a leap. Much change in different areas. 

My point since I joined the official TV HUD discussion has always been: let Codies finish the game they have intended and then start complaining. If you gonna force the guys to do changes that were never on the drawing board a few months before release you might be really disappointed on how much more bugs you will encounter in the game than we are are familiar with in the codemasters F1 series. 

here is the video with more information the R&D system 

https://youtu.be/G5O9XDNDqIw

I just saw a video about what we can expect from F1 2017 and it got me all excited and for me it says enough why I don't want Codies to waste time on an official TV HUD. 

First of all they refined the HUD and from the part that I could see already it looks amazing. The speedometer is way more comprehensive than the official one. Second they have rebuild the R&D upgrade system and from what I can tell it's quite complicated and has me over on putting a pre-order on the game as soon as it hits the PSN store.

Most of the sentiment in the official TV HUD topics has been that F1 2017 is just the same as 2016 and therefore there should be time enough to change the HUD. From the information that starts leaking this is totally not true. W don't need an official TV HUD to have a leap from 2016. There seems to be already a lot of a leap. Much change in different areas. 

My point since I joined the official TV HUD discussion has always been: let Codies finish the game they have intended and then start complaining. If you gonna force the guys to do changes that were never on the drawing board a few months before release you might be really disappointed on how much more bugs you will encounter in the game than we are are familiar with in the codemasters F1 series. 

And your answer for an official HUD is already No, because they have to focus on other things, but you would not have any problems with an official HUD in the future right? You talking in a circle without a strong point of view. We are talking about F1 HUD if anybody like it to have it in future games and not that we want to have it now now now!

liveTOwin said:

And your answer for an official HUD is already No, because they have to focus on other things, but you would not have any problems with an official HUD in the future right? You talking in a circle without a strong point of view. We are talking about F1 HUD if anybody like it to have it in future games and not that we want to have it now now now!
Oh now all of a sudden it's in the future  :* Stop telling nonsense. The topic is called F1 2017 Official HUD (voting)
It's also mentioned in the post and it is raised multiple times that there is still time to change it in this game and how easy it would be. The topic where this poll is derived from is called Official TV HUD for F1 2017  :* 

liveTOwin said:

Oh now all of a sudden it's in the future  :* Stop telling nonsense. The topic is called F1 2017 Official HUD (voting)
It's also mentioned in the post and it is raised multiple times that there is still time to change it in this game and how easy it would be. The topic where this poll is derived from is called Official TV HUD for F1 2017  :* 

We want it now, and if not included, it must be in F1 2018

liveTOwin said:

Yes, because it was created even before the first pictures and the statement, that we don't get it in F1 2017. It's the poll for the main discussion F1 2017 which was opened earlier this year. Now everybody know, we don't get the official HUD this year. So it's something for the future! 

And again, for those who have voted, it's very clear. If one click disagree under my comment, sorry, but you live in your own not real world and need a doctor. Not all players have voted, but it's time to realize that the result is very clear what they want. YES, we want the official HUD.

liveTOwin said:
And again, for those who have voted, it's very clear. If one click disagree under my comment, sorry, but you live in your own not real world and need a doctor. Not all players have voted, but it's time to realize that the result is very clear what they want. YES, we want the official HUD.
Just don't be whiny if it's not on F1 2018 or whatever that's where I'll stop tolerate. It's not a real adition that's going to make a 10/10 game. Just wanted to put that here ;)

liveTOwin said:
So because I'm telling the facts like they are I'm living in my own world? Ok well i'm glad that in my own world there will be no official TV HUD in F1 2017. Oh wait that's the real world  :p

Thread has turned into repetitive argumenting. Let the votes speak, that said, I encourage those only viewing the thread to vote.

auroboros said:
Thread has turned into repetitive argumenting. Let the votes speak, that said, I encourage those only viewing the thread to vote.
Yeah, this is what I'm talking about, but some dudes won't believe it what the votes speak. They live in their own world and turn the results around into a positiv result for them. It's ridiculous that they won't see over 80% Yes-votes. At some point they must recognize it. 

liveTOwin said:
auroboros said:
Yeah, this is what I'm talking about, but some dudes won't believe it what the votes speak. They live in their own world and turn the results around into a positiv result for them. It's ridiculous that they won't see over 80% Yes-votes. At some point they must recognize it. 
If you can't stand opposite opinions you shouldn't be on a forum. Welcome to the real world where freedom of speech is a thing. Maybe you should start some HUD cult. In cults all people think alike. The official HUD is not coming and you should start to recognize that. This is just an internet poll. Only fools take those seriously as manipulation is so easy on internet polls. You sound so obsessed with this HUD thingie it's possible that 75% to the votes are you.

Yes yes and yes!!

why is this even a question? Should be in the game 4 years ago.

Dont pay attention to the intro video, always want to race as quickly as possible. Low priority feature makes no sense at all!! Codies Should go further by implementint the official HUD 

This By Sony's Defunct Studio Liverpool really simple Official Hub

Thats why we want the official HUD back, because we know how it is to have it. It's very easy to implement it. Sony did it in 2006. And Codemasters have to do it in there games, too.