Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 | OFFICIAL HUD [VOTING]

Reading through the whole thread once again, coming to this conclusion:

'This is the OFFICIALLY LICENCED F1 GAME, so everything shown in the game should be a 1 to 1 replica of the real deal by default and that has been a common thread that reappeared  on this forum for over 8 years now over and over again next to the threads about the awful engine sounds and  the ideas about "revolutionary game modes / game content" by the community itself.......'

Why are we even having to resort to ceate these type of polls in the first place after 8 straight years of constant "wishing and complaining"?

Since F1 2012 got released the benefit of the doubt died off for eternity!

*Also if this was a game like Project Cars, where they are not "officially liecenced" to have the right of creating actual F1 related content, they'd have a valid excuse for their stubbornness, but this is just ridiculous.....

Reading through the whole thread once again, coming to this conclusion:

'This is the OFFICIALLY LICENCED F1 GAME, so everything shown in the game should be a 1 to 1 replica of the real deal by default and that has been a common thread that reappeared  on this forum for over 8 years now over and over again next to the threads about the awful engine sounds and  the ideas about "revolutionary game modes / game content" by the community itself.......'

Why are we even having to resort to ceate these type of polls in the first place after 8 straight years of constant "wishing and complaining"?

Since F1 2012 got released the benefit of the doubt died off for eternity!

*Also if this was a game like Project Cars, where they are not "officially liecenced" to have the right of creating actual F1 related content, they'd have a valid excuse for their stubbornness, but this is just ridiculous.....
88% YES
12% NO

clear message from a large part of the community!!!

maybe the arent allowed it for licensing reasons, idk
Don't think so. I think they have the whole license for F1. Official Livetiming sponsor is ROLEX. Looks like the official graphics are coming from this partner. Rolex logos are in the game, in Codies HUD with every sector and of course around the track on the crash barriers. If they havent got the license, so they haven't the oppurtunity to bring the Rolex logos in the game. Otherwise it could be the official graphic package of FOM and this isn't a problem because they have given the whole F1 license to Codemasters. It makes no sense that only the graphics need an extra license. It's part of the broadcast license. Everything what is seen in broadcast is in a F1 license for Codemasters.
A community manager from Codemasters answered a little detail a few weeks ago:
"Official f1-style HUD - nice idea". So it looks like they had not wanted the official HUD in the game until now, because they like there own graphics and this is a shame because like i said it doenst matter what they like, they have to rebuild the official product for us. Dont need there own extra things, because in that point of view it's not a Codemasters game, it's an official Formula One season game.

IEddy567 said:
Oops got sidetracked. So back on topic: No I don't want the official TV HUD. It's not suitable for racing. It's handy when watching Formula 1 on TV. That's the purpose of the official TV HUD, to let viewers better follow the race. 

Happy now?  :p
we read the same 1000 times.. we get it. you don't. want the hud. but there is a overwhelming number of people who think otherwise. You lost. let it go.

"The game doesn't have an official hud"
 Oh really?

Whos lost now?                                                                                                    

158 yes-votes
21 no-votes
After two weeks it looks like that we have an end result for an official F1-style-HUD @jennyannem @Britpoint

liveTOwin said:
158 yes-votes
21 no-votes
After two weeks it looks like that we have an end result for an official F1-style-HUD @jennyannem @Britpoint
I think there is a clear conclusion. But can u think of a way to fit the MFD in with the game then. Baring in mind the majority of players, play in t-cam so having it on the wheel display is possible not the best possible idea. 

I spent maybe about 2 mins on this. And look at the amount of data you loose, from just quickly switching. This is imo why the cm mfd is the best. If u can find a way using the 'official hud' to do that pls showcase it with me or let me know what it is. (Bare in mind I am possible the least creative person on earth)
Edit: So this year in spectator I would like to see this aswell:

haydn23 said:
I spent maybe about 2 mins on this. And look at the amount of data you loose, from just quickly switching. This is imo why the cm mfd is the best. If u can find a way using the 'official hud' to do that pls showcase it with me or let me know what it is. (Bare in mind I am possible the least creative person on earth)
I thought about another thing. If you open the settings than the speedometer is closed for this short time, because you don't need the information about your speed while you making settings for your car pit stop or while you looking at your car temperature and tyre status. If you finished... the speedometer opened again. There is no speedometer on screen if you are in cockpit view.

haydn23 said:
Here is an example. Look at 11 // settings are opened 12 // speedometer is off

Im not surprised by the outcome of this pole. Im sure this trend would be the same if everyone that has played F1 2016 had a vote. That is an assumption, sure, but clearly the HUD should be a focus for Codies now.

liveTOwin said:
haydn23 said:
If anything of these is included i Will be happy regardless of other features not included

roberto28 said:
LiveTOwin can you submit these to Jenny or Lee by Twitter?
I did but as you know they ignore this topic and that is not a shame, it makes angry day by day. Because no reaction is a reaction. It's one of the most viewed discussion on this forum. No reaction why we haven't got the official HUD in the game, no reaction on our wishes. Very sad! @jennyannem

liveTOwin said:
roberto28 said:
I did but as you know they ignore this topic and that is not a shame, it makes angry day by day. Because no reaction is a reaction. It's one of the most viewed discussion on this forum. No reaction why we haven't got the official HUD in the game, no reaction on our wishes. Very sad! @jennyannem
Ok Thanks anyway! i agree they dont care their customers. Listen to the community, NO WAY. Ignoring customers or clients is really really bad. They only listen to youtubers, dont care normal people like us. 

roberto28 said:
liveTOwin said:
roberto28 said:
Ok Thanks anyway! i agree they dont care their customers. Listen to the community, NO WAY. Ignoring customers or clients is really really bad. They only listen to youtubers, dont care normal people like us. 
Don't draw everything black. They listen to us, but this topic is ignored by Codemasters. Nobody had a reaction in this discussion. I don't know why.

liveTOwin said:
haydn23 said:
This is amazing.

liveTOwin said:
haydn23 said:
This is amazing.
LiveTOwin for president!!!

roberto28 said:
This is amazing.
Make Codemasters great again.

liveTOwin said:
haydn23 said:

Wouldn't 17 get in the way of the speedometer?

Cannot lie some of that design is decent but others look as if they get in the way

IT MAY SHOW I VOTES YES BUT I MEANT TO PRESS NO LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT.

liveTOwin said:
roberto28 said:
This is amazing.
Make Codemasters great again.

liveTOwin said:
scotty99 said:
did you guys see the FOM intro on the gameplay videos from E3
Yes, just an intro. But where is the official HUD?  yes the FOM intro looks great im sure we will get more of that at release

liveTOwin said:
liveTOwin said:

New demo pictures of official F1-style HUD how it could be in the game.

Whenever your engineer talks to you, it should have the radio symbol displayed on the screen, could be cool!