Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 | OFFICIAL HUD [VOTING]

liveTOwin said:
liveTOwin said:

New demo pictures of official F1-style HUD how it could be in the game.

Now that is a hud design I would like. Nice job on that one

The reason why we havent seen any gameplay, Codies are busy working on the official HUD. They have listened to the community!!!

auroboros said:
Im not surprised by the outcome of this pole. Im sure this trend would be the same if everyone that has played F1 2016 had a vote. That is an assumption, sure, but clearly the HUD should be a focus for Codies now.
Might be a post release DLC?

Green flag lap // P1 + P infront + You + P behind (optional)// Green Flag tutorial information // new speedometer design (second official one from broadcast) // your driver, best lap, current tyre, current lap, sector, delta.

liveTOwin said:
Green flag lap // P1 + P infront + You + P behind (optional)// Green Flag tutorial information // new speedometer design (second official one from broadcast) // your driver, best lap, current tyre, current lap, sector, delta.

Absolutly awesome!!  Can you make one with T cam ?

roberto28 said:
liveTOwin said:

Absolutly awesome!!  Can you make one with T cam ?

maybe race control display in the top, speedometer little bit higher as it covers the right mirror

So it looks like we have an official end result?
yes-votes 162 | 88%
no-votes 22 | 12 %

We know, that our dream from an official F1-style HUD could not come true in F1 2017. This is bad and yes it's a shame for such a long time. But it's very clear what we want to have in the near future. Maybe an update or in F1 2018. Comeon Codemasters! @jennyannem @Britpoint

liveTOwin said:
So it looks like we have an official end result?
yes-votes 162 | 88%
no-votes 22 | 12 %

We know, that our dream from an official F1-style HUD could not come true in F1 2017. This is bad and yes it's a shame for such a long time. But it's very clear what we want to have in the near future. Maybe an update or in F1 2018. Comeon Codemasters! @jennyannem @Britpoint

We would love this jenney, and you know. Please give a reaction whether or not it is included in the game. 

1. The HUD should be optional. If you don't like to see all 20 drivers, of course you can reduce it to 3 / 5 / 10 / all + driver infront of you and driver behind you (but this is default).
2. Pit stop line is very important to see which driver stops and how long was his pit stop (?) - with this information you can create your own strategy. Your engineer will not talk to you about every driver who stops. Just the important guys - but the pit stop line should be optional too.
3. Race control information is only for you - look at the picture and you will see the penalty is only for your driver RICCIARDO. It's the same what Codemasters is doing in their own HUD. Their send out an information when you cut the corners or get a penalty. Don't know where the problem is - because it looks different?
4. Tutorial information about what the green flag is or what you have to do under safety car are optional. You can turn it off . It's just for beginners who started to play for the first time the F1 game. It's the same like Codemasters did in F1 2016. Just in an official graphic design. Where is the problem to turn messages off if you don't like it because the engineer is giving the information to you when the green flag is coming or when the safety car is on track?
5. ERS could be very interesting since we have technical problems in F1 2017!

Guys please. The official F1-style HUD looks only different but how it works it's identical with Codies HUD.

liveTOwin said:
1. The HUD should be optional. If you don't like to see all 20 drivers, of course you can reduce it to 3 / 5 / 10 / all + driver infront of you and driver behind you (but this is default).
2. Pit stop line is very important to see which driver stops and how long was his pit stop (?) - with this information you can create your own strategy. Your engineer will not talk to you about every driver who stops. Just the important guys - but the pit stop line should be optional too.
3. Race control information is only for you - look at the picture and you will see the penalty is only for your driver RICCIARDO. It's the same what Codemasters is doing in their own HUD. Their send out an information when you cut the corners or get a penalty. Don't know where the problem is - because it looks different?
4. Tutorial information about what the green flag is or what you have to do under safety car are optional. You can turn it off . It's just for beginners who started to play for the first time the F1 game. It's the same like Codemasters did in F1 2016. Just in an official graphic design. Where is the problem to turn messages off if you don't like it because the engineer is giving the information to you when the green flag is coming or when the safety car is on track?

Guys please. The official F1-style HUD looks only different but how it works it's identical with Codies HUD.

liveTOwin said:

Just Some different colours but it adds a lot of immersion for many players at the forum

Citation interview Lee Mather:

" I think it’s awesome that there are so many coming out this year. It’s great for me because I love racing games. So I think the biggest thing that sets F1 2017 apart from all the rest is that it’s an official game of an official season. So we’re not just a racing game, we’re a sports title as well. We replicate the world of Formula One. We replicate the locations, all the official tracks, we have all the official cars, we have all the official drivers. And beyond that we have the off-track stuff as well. We got locations and characters, and this is what people see in the world of Formula One. We give them not just a racing game, we give them full representation of the sport."

'official' is mentioned four times in the text. 'Official game of an official season'. 

'We replicate the world of Formula One'. But what about the official TV HUD?

I have answered yes, but on the assumption that you can also find the information by flicking through the dash as the drivers do in real life. I would far prefer CM focus on this rather than the official HUD, but if we can have both, then great - people who want the official HUD can have it on and those who don't can turn it off.

https://youtu.be/BaY5jiTzF6g

Awesome example of official HUD in F1 2017, official colours, official safety car sign, official drivers position. 

6.6 K views and a clear poll result! Any comments from Jenny?

roberto28 said:

Citation interview Lee Mather:

" I think it’s awesome that there are so many coming out this year. It’s great for me because I love racing games. So I think the biggest thing that sets F1 2017 apart from all the rest is that it’s an official game of an official season. So we’re not just a racing game, we’re a sports title as well. We replicate the world of Formula One. We replicate the locations, all the official tracks, we have all the official cars, we have all the official drivers. And beyond that we have the off-track stuff as well. We got locations and characters, and this is what people see in the world of Formula One. We give them not just a racing game, we give them full representation of the sport."

'official' is mentioned four times in the text. 'Official game of an official season'. 

'We replicate the world of Formula One'. But what about the official TV HUD?
Lee Mather: Bla Bla Bla.

No, you don't replicate the world of Formula One.
Since the beginning we have no official graphics from original f1-style broadcast.
Bla bla bla bla bla. Your own HUD is like a Comic. It's not premium and has nothing to do with Formula 1.
The official HUD is a must have ....

Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:

I certainly don't want those race control messages randomly popping up over the car. 
It's the original position like in TV.
By the way, it's just shown for some seconds and you looking forward on the track, not on the car.
Then it would be the same problem like Codemasters HUD - the flags and messages are shown at the top of the screen. Since everybody has his own camera setting it's a no go to look forward and get fastest lap directly in the fiel of view.
It's the best position for race control messages in the official HUD. It does not bother when you driving. It's not in the field of view ;)

liveTOwin said:
Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:

I certainly don't want those race control messages randomly popping up over the car. 
By the way, it's just shown for some seconds and you looking forward on the track, not on the car.
Then it would be the same problem like Codemasters HUD - the flags and messages are shown at the top of the screen. Since everybody has his own camera setting it's a no go to look forward and get fastest lap directly in the fiel of view.
It's the best position for race control messages in the official HUD. It does not bother when you driving. It's not in the field of view ;)

So why is it shown if I'm not looking at it? 

Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:
Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:

Hä?

liveTOwin said:
Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:
Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:

Hä?

You just said that the player is not supposed to look at the race control messages but the road ahead. So why are those race control messages needed if nobody will see them? Of course, those race control messages could be placed at the top of the screen but then that wouldn't be official anymore. 

Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:
Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:
Sector4 said:
liveTOwin said:

Hä?

You just said that the player is not supposed to look at the race control messages but the road ahead. So why are those race control messages needed if nobody will see them? Of course, those race control messages could be placed at the top of the screen but then that wouldn't be official anymore. 
He meant that the message does not block your important field of view to be able to see the road.

The FOM graphics you see on TV aren't in F1 2017, however this is something we could look at  in the future :)

The FOM graphics you see on TV aren't in F1 2017, however this is something we're looking at :)

Is it possible to get information from the steering wheel display? can you scroll through the display to get more information than in F1 2016?

The FOM graphics you see on TV aren't in F1 2017, however this is something we're looking at for future projects :)
Of course, maybe for F1 2035....Anyway, Thanks for your reply, finally!