Sign in to follow this  

[VIDEO] F1 2014 Spa Hot Lap

Rosberg Pole (Mercedes) 2.05.591

F1 2014 Hotlap (Force India) 1.50.XXX

:\

ukfan758 said:

Why the Hollywood style chase cameras, is it that hard to use TV style camera angles?

I'm sure they've said before they can't use TV angles all the way round due to the graphical limitations on consoles.

Relix said:

Because qualifying today was in the wet. Geez man, quit trolling.

Recon1k said:
Relix said:

In all fairness the Spa hotlap was in wet conditions as well. Both times were set on intermediates

Recon1k said:
Relix said:

Fail 

ukfan758 said:

Why the Hollywood style chase cameras, is it that hard to use TV style camera angles?

I'm sure they've said before they can't use TV angles all the way round due to the graphical limitations on consoles.

and you beleive them? Seems that every racing game in history has used TV replays but obviously its too much for the consoles. Convenient excuse for what should be a standard feature in ANY racing game especially in modern times

MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

and you beleive them? Seems that every racing game in history has used TV replays but obviously its too much for the consoles. Convenient excuse for what should be a standard feature in ANY racing game especially in modern times

I'm interested, what recent racing games do have TV style replays?

MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

The MotoGP games do, that's all I can think of

DC just said: "There's a 60% chance of a Safety-car here [at Spa]."

Please tell me that you can have the SC come out on the first lap this year.

MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

motoGP, Gran Turismo, basically every non codemasters racing game in history? even GTA has put more thought into it and stealing cars and killing ¢unt$ isnt a sport last time I checked

MUZZARIOL said:

MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

motoGP, Gran Turismo, basically every non codemasters racing game in history? even GTA has put more thought into it and stealing cars and killing ¢unt$ isnt a sport last time I checked

Can you do 22 car grids on Gran Turismo? Also gran Turismo is a PlayStation exclusive, the ps3 has more power, and it's easier to develop for a single platform, than for multiplatforms.

GTA doesn't have 22 car grids, and I wasn't aware they had a replay system.

I'm fairly certain Forza doesn't have television style replay cameras. 

Forza doesn't no. However couldn't you argue that if they wanted TV camera style then wouldn't there be TV HUD?

Forza doesn't no. However couldn't you argue that if they wanted TV camera style then wouldn't there be TV HUD?

No, they don't have it you can't say 'they would if wanted' you have no proof.

doyley101 said:

Moto gp has 34 car grids :smile: 

Moto GP

Cars

good one 

MUZZARIOL said:

MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

Can you do 22 car grids on Gran Turismo? Also gran Turismo is a PlayStation exclusive, the ps3 has more power, and it's easier to develop for a single platform, than for multiplatforms.

GTA online, when you get killed in a mission you can watch your team mates finish off the job and have a range of TV style and cinematic camera angles to cycle through, even a live news feed of the disturbance. All camera angles are realistic.

GP2 1995... any camera angle, any car, any time. Dont feed me Codemasters PR generated bullsh!t, if I wanted that ¢rap id read their twitter feed. If you think the xbox 360 has less power than an ibm 486 you're kidding yourself

MUZZARIOL said:
MUZZARIOL said:
MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

GTA online, when you get killed in a mission you can watch your team mates finish off the job and have a range of TV style and cinematic camera angles to cycle through, even a live news feed of the disturbance. All camera angles are realistic.

GP2 1995... any camera angle, any car, any time. Dont feed me Codemasters PR generated bullsh!t, if I wanted that ¢rap id read their twitter feed. If you think the xbox 360 has less power than an ibm 486 you're kidding yourself

Missions are a maximum of 16 players, and also don't have Formula 1 cars in their missions. And the camera angles in GTA are not what you would be getting from a Formula 1 TV Broadcast, so the point is irrelevant.

GP2 1995 also looked like a pile of ass. I'm sure an Xbox 360 could run it. However Codemasters F1 games are a bit higher quality. They're different games on different hardware. You named 1 other multiplatform racing game  which has the camera angles you want.

^ you're completely deluded if you think a 22 car grid and normal run of the mill TV style camera angles are somehow pushing the limitations of 2014 technology. Codemasters are reeling you in hook line and sinker.

Codemasters always play the blame game.. FOM wont let us do this, console limitations, Licencing issues... and deluded fanboys like yourself take the bait while Codies take your money. Theres more to games than graphics

MUZZARIOL said:

^ you're completely deluded if you think a 22 car grid and normal run of the mill TV style camera angles are somehow pushing the limitations of 2014 technology. Codemasters are reeling you in hook line and sinker.

Codemasters always play the blame game.. FOM wont let us do this, console limitations, Licencing issues... and deluded fanboys like yourself take the bait while Codies take your money. Theres more to games than graphics

2014 technology.

You are aware that The Xbox 360 and PS3 are 10 years out of date hardware aren't you?

MUZZARIOL said:

2014 technology.

You are aware that The Xbox 360 and PS3 are 10 years out of date hardware aren't you?

Sorry you are right. The hardware is ridiculously outdated, no wonder Codies would be pushing the limits if they had sensible TV style replay angles... the psuedo Hollywood chase style they have now is probably as far as they could push things. Has nothing to do with game design, artistic direction, or making the games kid friendly... Its much more convenient to blame the hardware than accept responsibility themselves.

Only god knows how Sony managed it on all the PS2 games

MUZZARIOL said:

By having some better dev like the Liverpool boys at making their f1 games

MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

and you beleive them? 

Given how much the frame rate drops in their recent games on consoles in some other cases, yes, it seems pretty likely. (EDIT: Deleted the incoherent bit about mirrors.)

I really don't understand how CM could release another LastGen game if we could get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zSdy-IAU0k&list=UUAkn3xgXwr9f3ppnLZ_EH1w

Tourgott said:

I really don't understand how CM could release another LastGen game if we could get this

Because Codies didn't have the luxury of starting work on it four or five years ago, massively delaying it a few times, and cancelling support for a few of the originally-targeted platforms along the way.

hola said:
MUZZARIOL said:

By having some better dev like the Liverpool boys at making their f1 games

Your right. I still can't understand how F1 championship edition had more features and still is a more enjoyable than codemasters.  The Codemasters engine (Ego which a modified version of neon) too is a joke which is where most of the bug's are coming from. If the new game engine has no improvement over the DIRT engine which was used in 2007 onwards In the F1 2015  the license should go to somebody else it getting past a joke now.