Sign in to follow this  

[VIDEO] F1 2014 Spa Hot Lap

doyley101 said:
Moto gp has 34 car grids :smile: 

last time I checked cars had 4 wheels not 2 I assume you mean bikes and another thing I think Moto GP uses a rather primitive graphics engine anyway which would allow them to add extra stuff

doyley101 said:
Moto gp has 34 car grids :smile: 

last time I checked cars had 4 wheels not 2 I assume you mean bikes and another thing I think Moto GP uses a rather primitive graphics engine anyway which would allow them to add extra stuff
Yes the MotoGP graphics engine is primitive as, yet people are still buying the game for PS4 and loving it. Anyone who defends Codemasters saying they cant afford to do this or havent got the resources to do that are kidding themselves.

How do Milestones resources compare to Codemasters then? Their 2 motogp games have so many bugs its almost embarrasing, but so few people complain. Thats because you can sense the labour of love that went into it, you can feel the passion. You play the game with the feeling it was made by people who love motogp as much as you do..

MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

Why the Hollywood style chase cameras, is it that hard to use TV style camera angles?

I'm sure they've said before they can't use TV angles all the way round due to the graphical limitations on consoles.

and you beleive them? Seems that every racing game in history has used TV replays but obviously its too much for the consoles. Convenient excuse for what should be a standard feature in ANY racing game especially in modern times

I'm interested, what recent racing games do have TV style replays?

The best F1 game of all: F1 Championship edition, the nascar games have TV angles, and Gran Turismo 6 in some cases.

MUZZARIOL said:
ukfan758 said:

Why the Hollywood style chase cameras, is it that hard to use TV style camera angles?

I'm sure they've said before they can't use TV angles all the way round due to the graphical limitations on consoles.

and you beleive them? Seems that every racing game in history has used TV replays but obviously its too much for the consoles. Convenient excuse for what should be a standard feature in ANY racing game especially in modern times

I'm interested, what recent racing games do have TV style replays?

The best F1 game of all: F1 Championship edition, the nascar games have TV angles, and Gran Turismo 6 in some cases.

The 2 moto gp games are really good and I also have alot of fun on the wrc games. They seem really good at making games that are hard with all the aids off yet still easy to pick up n play with all the aids turned on. When I play them the graphics are good enough for me also as the gameplay is more enjoyable than looking at the trees anyway :) It would be cool to see what milestone could come up with if they ever had a chance at a F1 game.

vtidixon said:

The 2 moto gp games are really good and I also have alot of fun on the wrc games. They seem really good at making games that are hard with all the aids off yet still easy to pick up n play with all the aids turned on. When I play them the graphics are good enough for me also as the gameplay is more enjoyable than looking at the trees anyway :) It would be cool to see what milestone could come up with if they ever had a chance at a F1 game.

Id love Milestone to do F1 games. Theyd be able to make a game that can be accessible to all people without pointless gimmicks or dumbing things down to a ridiculous level.

Some of the ideas they put into their first game were brilliant, especially online. The mini online championships, ability to race as your custom rider, voting on tracks and weather conditions...

Offline was good too.. the physics options, aids, practical (yet somewhat limited) rider customisation options, Dorna TV package before each Grand Prix, Dorna HUD, rider stats on loading screens. Sure it had a lot of bugs and the graphics were nowhere near peak PS3/X360 standards, but as soon as you hit the track all that went out the window

OK I agree the moto gp games are excellent for the budget and resources available to milestone, and clearly made with passion, but there are really auful bugs. On the PS4 version for example there is a relatively high possibility that you and all the AI on screen will be teleported forwards, usually meaning that you end up in a random wall or gravel trap. The AI is also 2.5 seconds quicker in the race than  in all other sessions, meaning you could qualify on pole but struggle to finish 6th in the race. 
They're good games, but Milestone's bugs are much worse than Codies.

doyley101 said:
OK I agree the moto gp games are excellent for the budget and resources available to milestone, and clearly made with passion, but there are really auful bugs. On the PS4 version for example there is a relatively high possibility that you and all the AI on screen will be teleported forwards, usually meaning that you end up in a random wall or gravel trap. The AI is also 2.5 seconds quicker in the race than  in all other sessions, meaning you could qualify on pole but struggle to finish 6th in the race. 
They're good games, but Milestone's bugs are much worse than Codies.

Ye I def agree on the pace set by them in race is far quicker than any other session but I found it always made for a really exiting race. Id normally get pole by a second (on a good bike) but the race I would have some epic battles with the AI and usually be happy if id lost up to 10 places as for me a good race is better than a good result :) Ive never come across any game breaking bugs tho like you mention above but that would really p me off if that was happening to me. Tbh ive put much more time on F1 so prob not fair for me to compare the bugs in each game but every year F1 has a few major bugs that sometimes make me want to rage quit so no game is bug free lol! Read intresting post yesterday about a member not buying 14 as he/she thinks it will only get 1 patch like 10,11,12 did and they were left broken as hell (esp 11) something that never crossed my mind but might def wait now before buying in case we have another game where the top 6 drivers would ALWAYS retire on the lap they were ment to pit to end there first stint.  

Agree completely what a few people are saying on this thread in regards to lack of atmosphere Codemasters have manged to remove from the series.

Having been a massive fan of the Sony series inclusive of their issues one of the things you could not fault them with was the lack of atmosphere they generated, whether this was the way they implemented the TV replays/overlays or commentary it presented the FEEL of F1 and gave their games a bit of soul.  

Whether it's EGO engine or by design what Codies have done with the license is strip away the atmosphere leaving us with a dull soulless product that as the years went by removed more F1 from an official F1 game.

As others have mentioned there are features in 15 year old and older F1 games that Codies have not gotten right which is bizarre and strange on blaming tech.  Why not take a hit on the graphics if we could have better AI or other features

I also think some of the decisions made by the F1 team such as the removal of practice sessions with the reason stated being that no one uses them and there is no gameplay value is a bit silly.  Isn't that up to the players to decide what's best and how we use the sessions?  

It's as if they want to make the F1 game Codemasters want rather than what the populace want and have wanted for years.  Granted there are limitations and reasons why feature X cannot be implemented but I still think because they have no competition in respects of the F1 License they hold the cards as there is nowhere else that offers the official F1 License.

I remember the days when the f1 games where announced that the forums would be full of new topics and discussions, now it seems these have dropped off over the years as we know what to expect, is this franchise fatigue or is it because we aren't being listened to therefore there is no point posting points of view anymore?

The lack of hype from the studio comes accross as the F1 2014 game is very much a last minute decision or at least a late decision to remain on current Gen.  And the fact we are close to launch and we haven't had a dev on here giving us a preview or at least an insight into the development of F1 2014 comes across that it won't be the game we all want F1 to be.

@MurraysMic‌ 
You have just read my mind and transcribed my thoughts in a manner I could only dream to articulate. Thankyou very much

Agree completely what a few people are saying on this thread in regards to lack of atmosphere Codemasters have manged to remove from the series.

Having been a massive fan of the Sony series inclusive of their issues one of the things you could not fault them with was the lack of atmosphere they generated, whether this was the way they implemented the TV replays/overlays or commentary it presented the FEEL of F1 and gave their games a bit of soul.  

Whether it's EGO engine or by design what Codies have done with the license is strip away the atmosphere leaving us with a dull soulless product that as the years went by removed more F1 from an official F1 game.

As others have mentioned there are features in 15 year old and older F1 games that Codies have not gotten right which is bizarre and strange on blaming tech.  Why not take a hit on the graphics if we could have better AI or other features

I also think some of the decisions made by the F1 team such as the removal of practice sessions with the reason stated being that no one uses them and there is no gameplay value is a bit silly.  Isn't that up to the players to decide what's best and how we use the sessions?  

It's as if they want to make the F1 game Codemasters want rather than what the populace want and have wanted for years.  Granted there are limitations and reasons why feature X cannot be implemented but I still think because they have no competition in respects of the F1 License they hold the cards as there is nowhere else that offers the official F1 License.

I remember the days when the f1 games where announced that the forums would be full of new topics and discussions, now it seems these have dropped off over the years as we know what to expect, is this franchise fatigue or is it because we aren't being listened to therefore there is no point posting points of view anymore?

The lack of hype from the studio comes accross as the F1 2014 game is very much a last minute decision or at least a late decision to remain on current Gen.  And the fact we are close to launch and we haven't had a dev on here giving us a preview or at least an insight into the development of F1 2014 comes across that it won't be the game we all want F1 to be.

Great post!