Jump to content Jump to content

Codemasters please sort out the penalties

You went off track at 3:03 & that the reason of the penalty. Also using this line would be so perfect to dive into others unfairly that it's preferable to see a penalty from that line.

At 5:35 you could have waited for the next corner.

backing off throttle dosent always work unfortunately, certain tracks and corners it does but not all.

these inaccurate penalties have been cause of many a discussion in our room also. the game penalizes u for using the f1 racing line on a lot of tracks and also penalizes u for making a mistake and  running wide on some tracks. other tracks u can seriously take the piss. there is NO consistancy to penalties.

A1 ring final double apex right hander run wide in between apexes = penalty.

hockenheim, almost identical final corner = No penalty.

RTAnoskills. well done for getting 2nd after the guy in front of u sat on grid and damaged ur car.

i agree, both situations you were on outside of a turn and not cutting a corner, IMO I don't think there ever should be a penalty for that. Rolling out of a turn into the grass should never be a faster line, never, so why penalize someone for it??? Makes no sense. But, I also noticed everyone who went into grass kept there same speed with no direct problems with the grass. Now that is wayyyy too arcade. Should have been a little slip or slide.

When entering a corner from outside of the white lines, you're creating a wider turning circle, meaning a faster entry speed. That's what the first penalty was for. And when you exit wide, again, larger turning radius means higher exit speed.

TUSMBOX said:

When entering a corner from outside of the white lines, you're creating a wider turning circle, meaning a faster entry speed. That's what the first penalty was for. And when you exit wide, again, larger turning radius means higher exit speed.

Sorry, I think youve watched the wrong video. 

The 1st penalty I get, is not from entering the corner from outside the white lines.  I get the penalty because I run wide avoiding the car infront of me, as he is going slower from being on the grass,  

If that car had not been coming back on the track, I could have used that part,  but I ease off and try to get around on the outside, and get a penalty.  So im not going full throttle, and ive come off the line,  both of these give me a disadvantage and therefore should not give me a penalty.

The 2nd one, I dont make a place by going to the grass,  Im having that place anyway, as the car has spun out.  I take evasive action, and get a penalty.  

Maybe I wouldnt feel so hard done by, if the flashback didn't give him the lead straight back.  It was all clean n fair racing,  and Im not complaining because I lost the race,   Just seems unfair, as I didn't make the mistake, yet I lose out  because I didn't want to have any contact.  

Corner extending everywhere in that video. Almost all of you.

its a game - 

Did u see the F1 qualifying today?   Cars using kerbs all over the place.  Hamilton even said he tries to use all the track and then some.  

Watch the race tomorrow and count the number of times you see a car go over the white lines and not get anything because of it.  You will lose count. 

im with RTAnoskills on this 1. The job of any good racer is to find the fastest, shortest way around a race track,

having said that u can get an unfair advantage from taking a very wide entry and exit, but any good driver will push boundries. imho the penalties can be way to harsh and frequent, especially when the game dosen't differentiate between avoiding action and corner cutting.

also when u get penalties and havn't gained any advantage as every race governing body clearly states

'running off track to gain an advantage'

not every single time u accidentally cross a white line. every driver in every car would get a penalty in every race if that were the case.

sorry rob but the game dosent give penalties for gaining an advantage but solely for crossing white lines whether u get an advantage or not.

So it's just inconsistent then. There has been quite a few times that I've ran wide and not got a penalty, but when avoiding someone at the same corners, I do get a penalty

the penalties are very inconsistent  right across the game. i have had teammates follow almost exact same line as me and get penalty when i didn't and vice verser. u probably just run that little bit wider without realising when avoiding. with quick drivers your talking a cm or 2 difference and thats all it takes.

i lost count of the amount of times i turned in to early, realised my mistake, got off throttle and attempted to go around the kurb and still got a penalty, the game rigidly enforces white lines and gives little or no thought to circumstances.

however, i consider this a minor annoyance until cm can get everybody back on the track and racing. my 4 best friends are currently out of action with SFC, and although i have a lot of people to race and have fun with, it simply isnt the same. i need my minions back, lol

Who's to blame for the incident between Hamilton and Rosberg? 

I say Rosberg 100%,  he is the car behind, its up to him not to make contact. 

But..........

Going by some Grid forum discussions it was Hamiltons fault,  as Rosberg was at the side of him, 

What a good job the penalties are not issued by codemasters or some Forum users.  

MrDeap said:

If you cut the track & go slower while doing it, you don't get a penalty in GAS.

Not always the case.

If someone is to be blamed, it's Rosberg but if you watch his on board, he got out of shape just before the contact so the damage/contact could have been worse. Rosberg wasn't along side enough so he needs to back out plus its only the 2nd lap, there's no need to be taking risks when pitstops are playing a big part this year