Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Th8a as a handbrake on ps4

Hi, 

I have a t150 and a th8a on dirt 4 on ps4. I want to use the th8a as a handbrake. The mapping is always set on R1 in the th8a configuration which is the same that the gear up on the wheel. 

How can I do it ? I have already tried to plug it directly to the wheel and in USB mode. 

Thanks

Mikke

Just go to the R1 one setting in the list and press the square button on the controller to unmap it.

Thanks for your reply but to be sure I understand well, I have to go on the button list for the th8a in dirt 4, and I will be able to unmap the R1 button when I put down the handbrake and map to another command than R1 ? It seems I can't do this

All 3 of your input devices are mapped separately on D4, you just have to make sure there are no clashes on each individual one?

I don't want to do this. R1 button on the wheel corresponds to the shift up selector. That's fine, I want tu use it like it. My wish is to have the th8a mapped to another command, like I did before in dirt rally. 

It works differently in D4 for setting up the shifter as a handbrake, when you find the button mapping screen for the wheel you go to the top of the page where it says the wheel type and if you move right it will change between gamepad, wheel and shifter. When you are on shifter you map the handbrake then move down the list until you see the other function mapped to the same button and then unmap it with the red square button. 
It IS possible to have the paddles working as gear up and gear down and the shifter working as handbrake, I've just done it on my rig and it works great.

Thanks for your help. I will try it as soon as possible. I just don't go further enougth in the list to unmap the shift up on the Th8a

Connect the shifter via usb to the ps4.
Assign handbrake to shifter and in same menu unassign gear up and gear down from the shifter.
This way you can shift sequential with the pedals on your wheel and at the same time use the shifter as a handbrake.

I even have a second shifter connected to the wheel for H-pattern shifting.