Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT 4 - version 1.04 - found a bug? Post it here!

Has anyone  experienced the random stages times. I drive well and finish well down in the leaderboard and next stage I win by a large margin,.I do not mind not finishing at the top due to my driving or bad set up but it seems random. 
Also the AI do not seem to be affect by bad weather conditions, like rain or fog. Playing on PS4. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Please fix the FFB. It is very weak and sometimes i don't feel it. But if i go outside the road i feel it very well. Thanks

I got stuck at Your Stage generation. It's loading forever, only thing I can do is alt+f4. 
Australia, Historic rally, Lancia Delta S4, Early afternoon, Partly cloud

e: can't reproduce. 

SkyRex said:
Saloio said:
Nice update , thanks for nothing, still can't play it, cause theres no update for thrustmaster t500rs ps4, i bought this game on day one for nothing , do you have any ideia how much is a game here in Portugal?, its expensive, so, when you buy a game on they one (at that price), you must know it and like it very much, otherwise you wait for the price to drop, thats why im very hungry about this...!!!
This is on you, pal. It's not a bug, it was never included in the first place. PS4 doesn't support some wheels if not specifically programmed for. And DiRT 4 supported wheels list got online way before launch: http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt-4/05/dirt-4-faq/

You see no T500 for PS4....
Not sure about what the official page said but I checked the supported hardware for PS4 and the T500 was in the list on at least 2 website's (meanwhile they changed the list or deleted the page).
It gets recognised by the game so it looks more like a bug then ''no support''. 
Not supporting the T500 is even more sad since it was supported on the previous generation game on the same platform.

Really hoping we recieve a update soon or at least hear some news about this subject.

Grtz Lagoyaz 

caerphoto said:

- Tuning differentials now functions correctly.
Can you elaborate on this? What was not functioning correctly before?
Great question, I think a lot of people would like to know the answer. 

Crashed several times into invisible objects doing the daily today (22. July) very close to the track.
Probably invisible trees?

https://youtu.be/9gnkls7KPWc

(not the trunks marked with yellow flags, the crash happens after it)

https://youtu.be/Zbt0ChovaJI

Just a little thing, but there's still a problem with alignment between real rotation of the wheel and rotation in game (using the camera with the wheel and the arms of the driver). Everything works well with R5 car, but for many other cars (group A, historic cars in general...) the wheel-in-game rotates less then I do with the fisic wheel.

Up and Up Trophy not unlocking (PS4), Got promoted from D3 T7 to D3 T6, like it says in description, (Get promoted to a new tier in Pro Tour). Great game btw.....

@ChristinaMc
I can't install the latest patch without a severe workaround. The game wants to unpack and seemingly needs an extra 40gb of space to install the 500mb new update. I can't clear that much space off of my SSD without deleting the game...Only alternative is moving the whole thing to a seperate drive. As I have 25gb of free space, I feel there needs to be a solution going forward that allows me to install a 500mb patch and still play? 

Please fix the FFB. It is very weak and sometimes i don't feel it. But if i go outside the road i feel it very well. Thanks
+1

DAzRA2010 said:
Up and Up Trophy not unlocking (PS4), Got promoted from D3 T7 to D3 T6, like it says in description, (Get promoted to a new tier in Pro Tour). Great game btw.....
For me it worked after climbing the two tiers for the starting one. The first promotion did nothing.

@ChristinaMc
I can't install the latest patch without a severe workaround. The game wants to unpack and seemingly needs an extra 40gb of space to install the 500mb new update. I can't clear that much space off of my SSD without deleting the game...Only alternative is moving the whole thing to a seperate drive. As I have 25gb of free space, I feel there needs to be a solution going forward that allows me to install a 500mb patch and still play? 
From my understanding Steam decompresses the NEFS archives and updates files that are updated. Then it compress it back.

It took 1 hour with my HDD at 32MBps. 

I don't think that's something we can count to be fixed as it's one of core game things.
Better move it now and save problem later. 

on pc
sponser targets , vehicle recoveries: complete the event with fewer than 5 vehicle recoveries.
current recoveries 5 on the michigan usa map, global rally series
another race 
current recoveries 3, not done with this race.
global rally series, fitzroy astralia
just started today and it didnt do it on the grs before the patch as this is my second time doin the grs.
i did not have a single recovery on any stages, but game says i am.

@ChristinaMc any chance of resetting the Group A monthly for Xbox users with DNFs due to leaderboard crash issue?  

A guy can dream, right?

any chance of elaboration on what was wrong and why it is corrected now? thanks!
bogani said:
I!m pretty sure the diff thing was that the tourque bias slider was wrong before. Only affected 4WD cars. Full front meant full rear vice versa. It was a discovery of @Evilsmurf
Also the description was changed. 

@ChristinaMc I think there is a glitch on the PS4 for the trophy "up and up"

I got promoted to the next tier 3 times and still no trophy.

Crashed several times into invisible objects doing the daily today (22. July) very close to the track.

I have noticed that some of the little shrubs cannot be driven through, looks like you may have encountered some of them. Been caught out a couple of times like this when I ventured off track, Wales I think.

Xbox.

I have noticed that some of the little shrubs cannot be driven through, looks like you may have encountered some of them. Been caught out a couple of times like this when I ventured off track, Wales I think.

Xbox.
Some of the shrubs can't be driven through at low speeds, but can at higher speeds (same as speed limit signs and ad boards).

Hello @jennyannem

The Up and Up Achievement is currently "unstable" on Xbox (v1.04 hasn't arrived yet), with some users getting it and others not.
I for example have been promoted to a higher Tier in both Gamer and Simulation modes, and it hasn't worked in either.

Is there any chance that v1.04 will fix this?

Hi all,

Please see below for the patch notes for our latest update. Let us know here if you notice any issues or something you think might've slipped through the cracks! It's out now on PS4 and PC, but will be arriving to Xbox One shortly.

- Rain effect on the car windscreen (which is observed using the head camera) will no longer stop functioning when proceeding into a heavy rain event after completing specific weather stages.

- Grade E car parts should no longer cause a crash.

- Fixes to Flavour of the Week Trophy/Achievement 

- Incorrect rep earned in multiplayer due to an issue with host migration is now addressed.

- Leaderboard improvements when they are heavily populated or finding your own times.

- Corrected unlock conditions in the “What’s This” dialogues in Career.

- PC Only - Terminally damaging your vehicle and then changing Windows focus should no longer hang.

- PC Only – Fixed issues with resizing or de-focusing the game window.

- PC Only – R9 graphics cards crash when competing in rainy conditions is now resolved.

- PC Only – Switching from Ultra to High graphics mid-stage will no longer cause an issue with the stage shadowing.
@ChristinaMc how do I know what version of DiRT 4 I am on?  I'm on PC using Steam....will it just auto-update?  Or...

Is there a fix in the works for the intermittent loss of connection on the Thrustmaster T500RS playing on PS4? Never had this issue on Dirt Rally PS4. Please fix soon, it's been happening since launch.

Is there a fix in the works for the intermittent loss of connection on the Thrustmaster T500RS playing on PS4? Never had this issue on Dirt Rally PS4. Please fix soon, it's been happening since launch.
It's something we're looking into!

Set your Tyre Friction to 0.

Workaround but it works.

@ChristinaMc how do I know what version of DiRT 4 I am on?  I'm on PC using Steam....will it just auto-update?  Or...
It auto-updates, on Steam, but i agree with you. DR shows what version we are playing ( altough, it shows v1.22 and currently it's v1.23 ), why not do the same for D4?