Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT 4 - version 1.04 - found a bug? Post it here!

Found a bug when setting brutal difficulty it sets back to tough when I change from sequential to clutch/shifter

Some cars still have extremely slow sequential shifting, such as the Evo 6. Cars with sequential gearboxes did not change gear this slowly. I think it's stupid to be forced to use H-box and clutch to squeeze any kind of speed out of cars suffering from this. Cars with actual H-pattern gearboxes, sure. Penalize people for using paddles all you want in those. But not the ones with actual sequential gearboxes. It makes absolutely no sense.

I'd really like to see a fix for this.

Compare this sequential shifting, near instantaneous -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ParmMRS8qp0

- with this sequential shifting. More like grannyshifting. Whose brilliant idea was this? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOnM3pU6pZw

Bug about some of my steam friends not showing up in friends leaderboards:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/53677/not-all-my-friends-showing-up-in-leaderboards

ok not sure how this occurred but - I was using freeplay to do runs on Wales to create tuning setups and I've noticed that my Hyundai R5 seems to be retaining some sort of damage even when abandoning then starting new freeplay championships:

It never fails. On the FIA rally cross race on the rx 1600cc. On every the 2nd heat of every track. You come in 2nd if you place first. No matter how far you are ahead of your the A.I it will place you 2nd. Not sure if it places you 3rd if you are 2nd. Or if you are 3rd and places you 4th. Not sure yet. But i know it happens when you are first. 
Im on the xbox one. 

With regards to the t500 rs , Please fix it asap ................. As others have said it was in the wheel  list and then removed a couple of weeks prior to release .

Had no problems with dirt rally at all and now without warning you remove it , not a good practice !

Obviously there are not as many t500rs users as there are t300 , just because we are a minority doesn't mean that we should be a lesser priority .

Please fix ASAP   " I know about the quick fix "  the game doesn't feel as dynamic using it .

There are Framerate breaks in the first Buggy races in the career. And please fix the T500 Problem when Tire Friction is on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_Lqb7dqnU
Very weird behavior of car body. Looks like it haven't mass.

Awasaky said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_Lqb7dqnU
Very weird behavior of car body. Looks like it haven't mass.
The cars in Dirt 4 are very unstable that in Dirt Rally. Codemasters need to fix that.

The cars in Dirt 4 are very unstable that in Dirt Rally. Codemasters need to fix that.
If you play dirt rally before, better play in Dirt 4 in gamer handing style. Or try Simulation and  Racer helpers preset. Overall behaviour in sim w/o helpers too much hard in comparison with tactical gameplay Dirt Rally.

I've found the following bugs:

- When it rains and you stop under the tent at the marshal afzer finish, it still rains when you're under this tent
- The wipers sometimes react automatic even if 'automatic wipers' are turned of.
- In german language you can select the following weather-conditions in YourStage regarding fog: "Nebel" "Nebelfelder" "Nebel"
  So it's twice just "Nebel" (fog). But what are the differences? "Nebelfelder" means "partly foggy".

LutzM said:
- In german language you can select the following weather-conditions in YourStage regarding fog: "Nebel" "Nebelfelder" "Nebel"
  So it's twice just "Nebel" (fog). But what are the differences? "Nebelfelder" means "partly foggy".

Sorry..... D:

Awasaky said:
If you play dirt rally before, better play in Dirt 4 in gamer handing style. Or try Simulation and  Racer helpers preset. Overall behaviour in sim w/o helpers too much hard in comparison with tactical gameplay Dirt Rally.
I don't like to play in gamer mode. It feels strange for me. I prefer to play with no assists. Thanks :)

Cannot play in fearless difficulty while selecting H/shifter clutch.
https://youtu.be/V0JAX1-ur3M

The fiesta rallycross has workiing brakelights..there are no headlights or taillights on rallycross cars

nystedt88 said:
The fiesta rallycross has workiing brakelights..there are no headlights or taillights on rallycross cars
Yeah there are:
https://youtu.be/pRsAt1AtCXQ?t=16s

Look at the cars going into the left turn after the jump. Helps to play it back at 0.25 speed. Looks just like it does in-game.

OHYEAHHH said:

It's not a bug, it's a feature. 

encountered a strange bug, specifically with Todays dirt daily involving the Audi on Spain, after every... area change or load, such as  service area, loading the stage, or shakedown the game started lagging horrendously down to ~25 fps when i'm normally at 65 or so, but I could work around it by going into graphics settings and toggling something, in this case I chose shadows, so It would start set at medium, i'd hit shakedown, see that it's laggy during the countdown (it's that obvious) so i'd go in switch shadows to low and it'd stop lagging, BUT if I finish that shakedown it'd lag again at service area, or at the next shakedown so I would go in and switch it back to medium shadows to fix it, and so on, had to do this for every shakedown and also for when I did the actual stage.
EDIT: no, rebooting the computer had no effect, doing other stages wasn't causing the lag to re-appear either, just that one stage.

versedi said:
OHYEAHHH said:

It's not a bug, it's a feature. 
A rude feature! D:

I guess they're trying to "equalize" the field.... i'd rather a "match vehicle" setting but then there's things like the 7 spd ford Cosworth and the like.

What are you doing, Codemasters? You are very quiet these past days. I hope is a good sign!
Some of them have been on vacation. Well deserved, in my opinion. :P

Did both weekly today and it seems the resulting time is off, maybe due to the server problems today?

I was constantly in the upper half on the leaderboard, but end results show me at the bottom of tier 4. The listed times are also not added correctly.

Did both weekly today and it seems the resulting time is off, maybe due to the server problems today?

I was constantly in the upper half on the leaderboard, but end results show me at the bottom of tier 4. The listed times are also not added correctly.
Racenet was down today. All times in the current event of my DR league were wiped.

What are you doing, Codemasters? You are very quiet these past days. I hope is a good sign!
Some of them have been on vacation. Well deserved, in my opinion. :P 
Yep... They deserve it! ;)