Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT 4 - version 1.04 - found a bug? Post it here!

Hello, achievement Up and up not working for me too. On Xbox ONE. Yesterday I got promoted but nothing happened.

Community event names/locations:

1. Community events main page nor event details page gives location info other than partial picture of flag making it hard to tell for RX and Land Rush (e.i. "Full course"). 

2. Rewards screen does not give information other than course names. Suggest listing the location and car class. 

Hello, achievement Up and up not working for me too. On Xbox ONE. Yesterday I got promoted but nothing happened.
It'on on PS4 for me :/

PS4 French

- En Espagne, une portion avec un virage Gauche 4 est annoncé Droite 4 
- En Australie une portion avec un virage gauche 4 suivi directement par 1 gauche est annoncé Droite 
- En Suede, le copilote dit de serrer à Droite ou serrer à gauche alors qu'il ne faut surtout pas serrer
- En Suede des virages serrés ne sont pas du tout annoncés
- Les commentaires du copilote en fin de spécial sont inutiles et totalement incohérent 
- Malgré la possibilité de régler les notes plus tôt, ce n'est parfois pas assez tôt (Par exemple Powys en R5 !!!!!!!!)
- En mode Pro Tour, il arrive que la voiture soit déjà endommagé avant de commencer la special
- il faut annoncé le virage suivant l'arrivée, trop d'accident et de dégât ! 

Google traduction : 

- In Spain, a portion with a Left 4 turn is announced Right 4
- In Australie a portion with à Left 4 turn is announced Right 4
- In Sweden, the co-pilot says to squeeze to the right or to squeeze to the left,  
But he should say: do not tighten
- In Sweden, tight turns are not announced at all
- The comments of the co-pilot at the end of the special are useless and totally incoherent
- Despite the possibility of adjusting the pace notes earlier, it is sometimes not early enough?(for example : Powys with R5!!!!!!!!!!!) 
- In Pro Tour, the car may already be damaged before starting the special
- it is necessary to announce the turn following the arrival, too much accident and damage!

Ps4, game version 1.04, I didn't see any of my split times through the daily with the Lancia Fulvia HF. Instead I got a somewhat transparent graphic on the screen where the split time should be displayed from 1st split point onwards for the rest of the stage.

Português/Portuguese

PC: Olá pessoal! Estou bastante desapontado com o jogo. Criei expectativas muito altas e estou quase a desistir de jogar, mas continuo a acreditar em vocês como fizeram com o Dirt Rally. Só não compreendo como puderam lançar um jogo com tanto defeito. O FFB é muito fraco e em algumas ocasiões nem se nota. Se deixar de jogar e voltar a jogar outro jogo de corridas, o volante não é reconhecido. Tenho que reiniciar o PC e só assim funciona. No RallyCross diz que falhamos a entrada do Jocker e que temos que o fazer novamente. Por vezes temos que passar 3 vezes para contar. Alguns carros têm o som muito baixo. No RallyCross nota-se bastante isso. Mal ouço o meu carro. Alguns carros de Rally são muito instáveis (R5 e 2000). Basta carregar ao de leve no travão e ficam atravessados na estrada. Não sei se isso é normal nos R5, mas com os de 2000 não acontecia no Dirt Rally. Coloquem o som da gravilha a bater nos carros mais alta. Na maior parte dos ganchos não são ganchos. Podemos dar a curva normalmente. No "Your Stage" estou farto de ver bocados iguais na mesma especial. Consigo controlar melhor o carro com um gamepad do que com o volante e isso já não acontece com o Dirt Rally que é quase impossível. Parece que o Dir 4 foi feito para conduzir com um controlador do que com um volante. Mas isto é a minha opinião. Continuo a acreditar que vão melhorar o jogo para que possamos disfrutar dele por muito tempo. Não sei se me esqueci de algo. Mas se me recordar, volto a publicar ;) . Desculpem o meu desabafo e continuem o bom trabalho!

Inglês/English (Translated with Google)

PC: 
Hello guys! I'm pretty disappointed with the game. I created very high expectations and I'm almost giving up playing, but I still believe in you as you did with Dirt Rally. I just do not understand how you could launch a game with so much defect. The FFB is very weak and on some occasions it is not even noticeable. If you stop playing and play another racing game again, the steering wheel is not recognized. I have to restart the PC and that's the only way. At RallyCross it says that we failed Jocker's entry and that we have to do it again. Sometimes we have to go 3 times to count. Some cars have very low sound. At RallyCross it is quite noticeable. I barely hear my car. Some Rally cars are very unstable (R5 and 2000). Just hit on the brake very light and the car stay crossed on the road. I do not know if this is normal in R5, but with 2000 it was not in Dirt Rally. Put the sound of the gravel to hit the cars higher. Most hooks are not hooks. We can take the curve normally. In "Your Stage" I'm sick of seeing the same bits in the same special. I can control the car better with a controller than with the steering wheel and this is no longer the case with the Dirt Rally, which is almost impossible. It looks like the Dir 4 was made to drive with a controller than with a steering wheel. But this is my opinion. I continue to believe that you will improve the game so we can enjoy it for a long time. I do not know if I forgot something. But if I remember, I go back to publishing ;) . Excuse my outburst and keep up the good work!

Sometimes when switching to Manual Sequential, the game changes back to Manual H-pattern + clutch by itself between events.

On DiRT 4 (PS4) I have noticed a bug that is really annoying. I am using a wheel (T300 RS). It is recognised and calibrated correctly. When i use any of the Group A cars or ANY of the Historic Rally Cars (so far), the wheel of the car in-game doesn't match my wheel (My wheel rotates more and the soft lock 'area' is wrong). This is a very annoying bug as i cant properly drive any of the cars which is a considerable amount. I have my wheel at 1080° and have also tried 900°. Every other car works fine. I hope someone sees this and it is fixed as i have tried getting this reported for ages. PLEASE FIX THIS

I've failed countless dailies due to late or incorrect notes, and now I just failed a faceroll simple weekly because of them as well.

I think they need some serious looking into. Both distance and severity wise. I know quite a few corners in all locations that are a lot more severe than what is being called out.

And yes, I have them set to the earliest setting. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've failed countless dailies due to late or incorrect notes, and now I just failed a faceroll simple weekly because of them as well.
what usually catches me is something like: 
(long straight)"100", "6 left", "Big jump over crest", "CAUTION", *PAUSE*, "Acute left" < the pause ends up being so long that i'm basically in the acute left when I hear the call.

another one can be along the lines of:
(long straight), "6 left", "CAUTION", "TURN" *PAUSE* "2 right" (intersection).

I must agree regarding the notes, they need some love here and there (I gues with all the combinations some parts match better with eachother regarding pacenotes). Here are some of my remarks. In Spain for instance there are some corners who could do with an added note rocks inside/outside (Dirt Rally had those coverd pretty nice). There are some turns with guardrails that are tricky (some start behind bushes) and could do with a don't cut perhaps. In Australia there is a part bump (jump) left 5 through gate (no visual on the turn or gate) that came late (this was after a long straight though).
Any news on pacenotes would be great. (is it something you're improving, do U need more community feedback etc?)

if you play that online thing (tier/div)where can compete against 8 each stage counts as a championship for your engineers( so you loose your very expensive engineers  after only a few stages)...this is getting very costy.
this happens the same way in jam session
Please fix lights on car or fix visuals on Aus and Wales ..i barely see a thing and loose a minute each stage like that in offline championships.(changing gamma/highlights seem to solve this ) I still think there is an unbalance between light & dark. the darkness also seem to affect the luminosity of the vehicle lights.
I understand that night/mist stages are a bit harder but the AI times just keep in rollin like its a clear daystage and its often waaaay to fast .
i also noticed in offline that some sectortimes of the AI are not balanced enough and are like 5 seconds to fast.
I play on pro level atm.

Oh and yeah.
https://youtu.be/rpBy7NT1ceY

HDR keeps darkening with headlights on if the weather isn't dark enough. Kind of unfortunate. There was a different instance in night time Spain where brightness would vary too. Most notably with headlights off.

Bonjour voila j ai en problème en mode carrière j ai la nette image qui est floue je sais pas pourquoi j ai une gtx 1080ti mais se n ai quant mode carrière
   dans le reste du jeux sa marche nickel  

Quelques traductions françaises un peu boiteuses :

Dans les "pacenotes" on entend "en descente" (in english "dip") se traduirait plutôt par "cuvette" car "en descente" est plutôt "downhill" en anglais

Dans la météo, douches de pluie serait plutôt "ondées" et douches de pluie forte serait "fortes ondées"
Douches de neige serait plutôt bourrasques de neige

Google translate :
Some French translations a little lame:

In the "pacenotes" we mean "en descente" (in english "dip") would be translated rather "cuvette" because "en descente" is rather "downhill"

In the weather, rain showers would rather "ondées" and strong rain showers would be "fortes ondées"
Showers of snow would be rather "bourrasques de neige"

Malyngo said:
The FFB is very weak and on some occasions it is not even noticeable.
You should probably state which wheel you are using.
I have mine set to 55% FFB, otherwise it would be just brutal (Fanatec CSL. set to 1080° with softlock in game).
Also, stuff like to how many degrees you have set it is probably important

I had already said here on this forum what my wheel was, but i will say it again: Logitech Driving Force GT. I have 40% FFB otherwise it is very difficult to play. I tryed 900º and now i use 540º. But the FFB is still very weak. I will wait for an update. Thanks to brought that to my attencion.. :) And sorry for my bad English.

Cuando van arreglar el problema de las notas del copiloto.  Lo digo porque el copiloto no tiene en cuenta la velocidad a la que voy a conduciendo, y muchas veces me dice una curva, después de ya haberla tomado.  Otra cosa estoy viendo que las dificultades de bugean al salir de un Rally en curso y volver a entrar.  Lo digo porque estaba corriendo en Michigan y como estaba cansado, sali un momento y me acuerdo que la cpu el tiempo más rápido era de 2:52, y cuandi volvi a entrar habia cambiado a 2:26.  Imposible hacer ese tiempo en esa etapa.  

Estoy indignado, Dirt 4 me desconecta el volante (Thrustmaster T500RS) en mitad del tramo y Dirt Rally ya no me reconoce dicho volante. ¡¡SOLUCION YA POR FAVOR!! o que nos devuelvan el dinero.

AI with M3 and maybe other cars, it's very very too fast.
 For example Powys with Sierra, AI (Alvarez manta 400) 3'24"620
and when I drive M3 or the same road and condition Alvarez manta 400 2'40"008

GregPit81 said:
I don't understant why no setup for the Dirt Daily Live, is really a big mistake
It was like that in Dirt Rally too. Everyone has to use default setup.

Not sure I see the point in it, but still.

PC

After playing DiRT 4, my G27 doesn't get recognized by other Racing Games, being DiRT Rally one of them. This only happens with DiRT 4.