Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT 4 - version 1.04 - found a bug? Post it here!

Alf72 said:

PC

After playing DiRT 4, my G27 doesn't get recognized by other Racing Games, being DiRT Rally one of them. This only happens with DiRT 4.

This happen with me too

Alf72 said:

PC

After playing DiRT 4, my G27 doesn't get recognized by other Racing Games, being DiRT Rally one of them. This only happens with DiRT 4.

Alf72 said:

PC

This happen with me too

PC: Dirt 4 seams to have an issue with other racing games. Everytime i stop playing Dirt 4 and go play other racing tittles, like Dirt Rally, the game won't recognize my wheel. I need to restart the PC to work again. Please solve this! Thanks.
I noticed this when I started up Raceroom last night. All I had to do was go to devices and printers > right-click G27 Racing Wheel > Game controller settings > Properties. Then just wiggle the wheel back and forth or press some pedals or whatever, to kind of "wake it up". After that, Raceroom detected the wheel without any issues.

Issues I'm still having post-1.04:

Bug Reports:
  • Pro Tour: I was having the Evo VI keep remembering body damage between events. So after you hit something and bend the hood up into your field of view, you start a new Pro Tour race and the hood is magically bent the same way. Tried switching between my team and other teams to no avail (the Evo VI I own is the same Katsu Evo that the other team owns too, so basically the same car unfortunately). Only fix I discovered was to quit and relaunch the game. Over a couple hours of playing, I had to quit and relaunch the game multiple times due to this bug and of course, I lost a couple points in races simply because I was starting with a massively bent hood. (Reported to Hatward via Twitter already btw, including here for completeness.)
  • Practice Runs: In rally mode, practice runs always start in cockpit view not dash view.
  • Restarts: Likewise, if you restart a race, it always starts you back in cockpit view not dash view.
  • T300 Wheel on PC: On the T300 RS, button 8 (the lower right button) is pinned to Pause Game for some reason, instead of being customizable. This is major insult to injury for people who used to use button 8 as their handbrake button—particularly given that button 13 (the PS button) is customizable still…
  • Wipers: Even if you check them to be manual only, they still wipe occasionally?
Feature Requests:
  • GUI: In Dirt Rally, YES was the default option after selecting Restart. I really wish it still was!
  • GUI: Quit Game dialog box needs to automatically disappear if you press the Esc button/Back button again. As per Dirt Rally. And because you tend to overshoot and bring this dialog up frequently while hammering the back button so many times in a row to get all the way out of the Career Rally mode in order to check the Classifieds or renew Team contracts.
  • GUI: Since we can't loop around from the top of the leaderboard to the bottom, can you show the total number of players somewhere?
  • GUI: Option to disable country intro videos at rally start by default instead of having to press a button to skip every time.
  • Wiper GUI: In DR, the first press just did a single wipe. Now it's some weird long press to do a single wipe and long press to turn them off. Shouldn't it be long press to turn on and off and short press to do single wipe or change speed if they're on? At the very least, a long press with them off should do wipers at highest speed possible for length of the press.
  • GUI: Time-of-day on events? Unless I'm missing something, we can see weather at a glance but not time of day for a rally. Particularly important for the Daily events!
  • GUI: Sponsor Menu needs to be available somewhere faster, so we don't have to load the entire Dirtfish Academy livery zone to renew sponsorships please.
  • Free Play: Need to address the difference between just wanting to practice and doing Free Play for career advancement somehow. Three possibilities I can think of: a separate Free Play Restarts Difficulty setting, a Freeze Career Difficulty setting, or just a dialog asking if you want to do Practice or Career at the start of the Free Play event, with Practice disabling career-related stuff and enabling infinite restarts. Basically, it is driving me nuts to want to go practice Wales for 30 minutes in a specific car/weather condition before doing the Daily and discovering I forgot to enable Restarts in the Difficulty settings, resulting in me losing a fuck-ton of sponsorship goodwill the first time I complete my 1 country 1 stage event… EDIT: Look at what PCARS2 is doing menu-wise to get the distinction I'm making.
  • GUI: Ideally, add a Fast Nav menu wheel bindable to a button. Pressing it should bring up a menu wheel of nav locations—eg, My Team, Vehicles, Pro Tour, Sponsors, Events. Turn wheel to navigate and then select to jump straight to that section. You have to press the back button so many times to get from Rally Event mode or where-ever to do something simple like renew your team contracts, your sponsorships, or just check the vehicle classified currently… hell, even if it was just a hierarchical submenu that popped up midscreen and allowed you to nav to an item from the top immediately without all the freaking back/forward nav graphics bells and whistles it would be better.
  • Weather: Why do you bother separating Fog, Patchy Fog, Mist, etc? I think it would be much more effective to do it ala RBR where it just shows chance of rain worsening, improving, etc. Regardless of whether this results in a specific weather condition loading that the programmers know about. I absolutely LOVE the fact that conditions can change mid-race now and want to see more advantage taken of this basically! (Also, massive kudos for the implementation of puddles. OMG how I love having puddles have an actual effect now!)

Alf72 said:

PC

This happen with me too

I had to govto the logitech profiler and add my other games, after thst it works fine.
Not sure this is realky a D4 issue?

caerphoto said:
GregPit81 said:
I don't understant why no setup for the Dirt Daily Live, is really a big mistake
It was like that in Dirt Rally too. Everyone has to use default setup.

Not sure I see the point in it, but still.
Yes i know, but in DR, driving without setup was possible but on D4 no. Without setup physic is really bad 

Alf72 said:

PC

This happen with me too

I had to govto the logitech profiler and add my other games, after thst it works fine.
Not sure this is realky a D4 issue?
I have my other games on logitech profiler. 

I noticed inconsistencies in the position sponsors think you are at. For example one might say you're 6th when you're actually 3rd... two different sponsor might say you're placed in different position...

XB1:
No idea if these have been mentioned already but:-
1..Pro tour. Incorrect points earned are been given out on the promotion progress bar. 5pts gave me +1, 3 points gave zero and 2 points earned -1... So after earning 10 points my progress went from 5 to, erm, 5!
2..Missed the joker entrance warnings (rally x) and being told to retake. After retaking i'm then told I only need to joker once. 
3.. Visual. Co-driver rapidly nodding his head (over and over) when waiting to start a stage or as you park by the marshall. Looks kinda funny when it happens.

And by the way it is bad karma to loose 7pts because of in game errors or server disconnections. The Pro Tour needs some serious love and maybe something like asyncronous gameplay between same tiers to avoid ultra long matchmakings!

Could please more people with high-core CPUs (16 cores and more) post here that Codemasters gets our attention? I have a Dual Xeon system (Xeon 2697 v4) with all in all 36 cores and Dirt 4 doesn't launch on CPUs with more than 16 cores.

So just fix the Dirt-doesn't-launch-on-16-cores-or-more-CPUs issue, Codemasters, This Dirt-doesn't-launch-on-16-cores-or-more-CPUs error has been arond since Dirt 3. People with high core CPUs can't launch this game. So also don't buy AMD Threadripper or Intel i9 with 16 cores because Dirt 4 DOES NOT run. Because so far, I feel ignored.

ewfegage said:
Could please more people with high-core CPUs (16 cores and more) post here that Codemasters gets our attention? I have a Dual Xeon system (Xeon 2697 v4) with all in all 36 cores and Dirt 4 doesn't launch on CPUs with more than 16 cores.

So just fix the Dirt-doesn't-launch-on-16-cores-or-more-CPUs issue, Codemasters, This Dirt-doesn't-launch-on-16-cores-or-more-CPUs error has been arond since Dirt 3. People with high core CPUs can't launch this game. So also don't buy AMD Threadripper or Intel i9 with 16 cores because Dirt 4 DOES NOT run. Because so far, I feel ignored.
Isn't that what the recent 1.05 patch was supposed to fix?

ewfegage said:

Did you updated to 1.05?

Hello Christina!

I am playing DiRT4 on PS4 Pro and i found following bug:

-) At some stages during the later Rally events in carreer mode, there is some issue with the window that shows the time difference in the upper left corner of the screen. Sometimes it shows a massive deficit although i'm clearly in lead of the competition. At some stages in Sweden the window even showed my total stage time as deficit (for example "+02:35:20") and as soon as i finished the race i saw that i actually finished in first place.

-) Not actually a bug, but somewhat unrealistic and easy to fix: At night races, the co-driver doesn't even have a single lightsource to read his pacenotes. Please give that poor bastard some kind of reading light!^^ Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Y-ojvPOmc

Is there a driver injured? XD

Dirt 4 Found the bugs!! [ infinite loop ]

Completely unrelated, but can be observed in this video; the rear view mirror doe not render all the objects in the background In this video you can see people in the stands but when it's in the rear view mirror there's no people. It's specially jarring in the France RallyX track at the starting line, where there should be a huge crowd behind the car, there is nothing. 

PC: I don't wanna be a pain in the ass, but please fix/improve the FFB. I cannot enjoy the game to the fullest like that. Thanks.

Ps4, 1.04 as usual. I completed the joyride Audi S1 E2 smash attack challenge twice. Before getting the gold medal I got the silver medal. After achieving the silver medal I reached the gold medal requirements twice, and got a time on the leaderboards (should only happen after getting the gold times) but the game shows on the menus that I only have a silver medal on that very challenge.

Very strange and annoying bug happening to me. On a joyride level in the large dirt buggy (Can't remember the name), by some incredible chance I completed the stage smashing all of the objects in the exact time required for gold (01:31:00) however I received a silver medal. After this, I completed the stage in well under the time limit and I was around 20th in the leaderboard, but I still only had a silver medal! So, I completed the stage again in a gold medal time and didn't receive the gold medal, with a time that put me further down the leaderboard. This is frustrating as I have nearly all of the gold medals and this is standing in my way, what to do?  :/

I noticed inconsistencies in the position sponsors think you are at. For example one might say you're 6th when you're actually 3rd... two different sponsor might say you're placed in different position...
I think , one is for the position in  your class .
The other is for the overall classification of all classes.

Hi.
Is there a chance that you could make the Subaru 2001 turbo chatter so you can here it more when driving
and also here it in the replays. It is quite loud on the real car.  Also would it be possible to make the replays
in Rallycross more stable and not stuttering ect. Many thanks.
Kenny.

Issues I'm still having post-1.04:

Bug Reports:
  • T300 Wheel on PC: On the T300 RS, button 8 (the lower right button) is pinned to Pause Game for some reason, instead of being customizable. This is major insult to injury for people who used to use button 8 as their handbrake button—particularly given that button 13 (the PS button) is customizable still…
@heavyboots was meaning to post this previously but got sidetracked, there is a workaround that you can use here in this thread:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/52952/dirt4-minor-niggle-button-1-on-controller-locked-to-pause-fuction#latest