Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WELL DONE BAKU 2017

Leclerc for me, definitely. I honestly think he is an even more exciting prospect for the future than even Verstappen. He is on course for the most dominant GP2 / F2 season ever, better than Hamilton and Vandoorne. What I would give to see him in that Ferrari right now.

However, the reason I said Giovinazzi in my post is because I expect Ferrari would rather Leclerc focuses on F2, get the championship under his belt and then have some proper preparation for next year or the year after. Ferrari historically prefer drivers with some experience (can't remember the last time they ever signed a rookie), and while Giovinazzi doesn't have much experience anyway, at least he has done a load of testing with Sauber this year, and undoubtedly hours of sim work.

Even though I'm sure Leclerc would do an incredible job, I don't see Ferrari doing it, unfortunately.

But lets say Ferrari don't even want to put Giovinazzi in the car, and they want someone with a lot more experience... who do they go for? I guess it would have to be Grosjean. No one else would be able to do it due to their contracts with other teams.

MBKF1 said:
Leclerc for me, definitely. I honestly think he is an even more exciting prospect for the future than even Verstappen. He is on course for the most dominant GP2 / F2 season ever, better than Hamilton and Vandoorne. What I would give to see him in that Ferrari right now.

However, the reason I said Giovinazzi in my post is because I expect Ferrari would rather Leclerc focuses on F2, get the championship under his belt and then have some proper preparation for next year or the year after. Ferrari historically prefer drivers with some experience (can't remember the last time they ever signed a rookie), and while Giovinazzi doesn't have much experience anyway, at least he has done a load of testing with Sauber this year, and undoubtedly hours of sim work.

Even though I'm sure Leclerc would do an incredible job, I don't see Ferrari doing it, unfortunately.

But lets say Ferrari don't even want to put Giovinazzi in the car, and they want someone with a lot more experience... who do they go for? I guess it would have to be Grosjean. No one else would be able to do it due to their contracts with other teams.

What about Fisichella? :p

Marc Gene perhaps? You still see him wandering around the paddock in his Ferrari shirt!

MBKF1 said:
Marc Gene perhaps? You still see him wandering around the paddock in his Ferrari shirt!
Luca Badoer, surely?

In all seriousness, Gio is their only official reserve driver now. Fisi does still drive a GT Ferrari though...

Or they could do a one race driver swap with either Haas driver and shove Gio/Lecler in the other Haas.

Vettel's punishment should be to swap with Alonso for a race or more. Nothing will make a driver behave than the thought of having to drive that Mclaren again. :) 

MBKF1 said:
I think something like a grid drop may be given to him, but lets say Vettel does get banned for the Austrian GP... GIOVINAZZI HYPE??!?!!?

Can you imagine. An Italian rookie wins on his Ferrari debut, replacing a 4 time world champion while he's banned.

What a story that would be.
Or he crashes out Hamilton during the race.

I was mostly assuming that it was going to be Giovinazzi, he is the official reserve driver I think, but Grosjean could replace Vettel (and eliminate Hamilton), with Gio driving the Haas instead.

I'd love to see Leclerc in the Ferrari though. He's going to be the GP2-champion anyway, he's by far the most talented on that grid and has the best material.

If he didn't he would have caught the safety car too early. Every driver does it.