Sign in to follow this  

Bit Dissapointed...

in all seriousness I am quite dissapointed by F1 2014. I believe that the amount of people buying will be limited and I will go Project CARS. Unless live the life and podiums features, you can forget it codies

sales will be low this year, if the devs dont put the effort in we dont, money speaks 

I think CM knew what with the likes of Project Cars and other games that aer coming out around then they were fighting a losing battle anyway. Which is why the majority of their focus is on the next gen F1 2015 which is also why there is very little effort being put into 2014

with the hot laps they've released so far I personally don't see any effort. It's like watching replays of 2013.

sales will be low this year, if the devs dont put the effort in we dont, money speaks 

I agree based on what I've seen of the game so far I'll likely wait for the Steam sales before buying. Assuming I decide to buy in the end that is.

I actually very much looking forward to F1 2014.The new turbo engine and hybrid system. A new track that I can't wait to try. I think this is going to be a major iteration, due to new rules. 

I think people are putting an awful lot of undeserved faith in Project Cars. From what I’ve seen of it so far, it’s pretty “meh” considering how long they’ve been working on it.

hopefully codemasters make the drivers have realistic traits that stand out e.g. rosberg doijng anything he can to not get in to a wheel to wheel battle with Hamilton because he knows Lewis is a better driver and he can't beat him :)

hopefully codemasters make the drivers have realistic traits that stand out e.g. rosberg doijng anything he can to not get in to a wheel to wheel battle with Hamilton because he knows Lewis is a better driver and he can't beat him :)

Totally unbiased comment there

Suzuka 89, Adelaide 94, Jerez 97, Monte Carlo 06, Monte Carlo 14, Spa 14.. as much as Hamilton wishes he was Senna, Rosberg has the kind of ruthlessness that won Schumacher 7 titles. Lewis doesnt stand a chance.

and you're dreaming if you think Codemasters will put that into a game, they cant even get the basic AI pecking order correct. No doubt there will be "licencing issues" involved as well, as FOM likely own the rights to any perceived subjective driving style/traits/characteristics displayed by any driver, thus would have to be licenced for use in the game (which Codies cant afford regardless of charging full price for copy and paste games)

It makes me laugh all these forum members saying can not wait till 2015  next gen comes out it will be all bells and whistles  in the first year then its going to be a copy and paste  year on year after  and  we can not do this and that and the other as per CM  normal responce  look at 2010  CM said we are going to do this and that the other and what we get in 4 versions of the game we got less and less year on year  ...

Totally unbiased comment there

totally

MUZZARIOL said:

Suzuka 89, Adelaide 94, Jerez 97, Monte Carlo 06, Monte Carlo 14, Spa 14.. as much as Hamilton wishes he was Senna, Rosberg has the kind of ruthlessness that won Schumacher 7 titles. Lewis doesnt stand a chance.

and you're dreaming if you think Codemasters will put that into a game, they cant even get the basic AI pecking order correct. No doubt there will be "licencing issues" involved as well, as FOM likely own the rights to any perceived subjective driving style/traits/characteristics displayed by any driver, thus would have to be licenced for use in the game (which Codies cant afford regardless of charging full price for copy and paste games)

I know, im just making a point. a few years ago codemasters said they were putting driver traits in the game and they never seem to have done it, that's all. I just thought it was quite a handy example considering I thought about it yesterday and that happened yesterday.

^ it is a good point, and it would be awesome if driver traits were in the game. Frankly I think its shameful that its not in the game, take a look at FIFA for example. The player attributes are constantly being updated to reflect their real world performance. How outraged would people be if Cristiano Ronaldo had the same pace and skill level as some unknown player from a 2nd or 3rd division club?

There are a hell of a lot more footballers than there are F1 drivers, so theres no excuse really

(besides the usual "licencing issues", "FOM wont allow it", and "the last gen consoles cant handle it")

I also bet that no patches will be available for 2014 either which makes it even more risky. Even if they did eventually patch the game, the season would be well and truly finished leaving the game being nothing more than vintage (minus the quality).