Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt 4 rallycross question

in dirt 4 I really want to enjoy rally cross but I am finding a car handling issue I can't seem to overcome.  Ever time I am on tracks with rough dirt or brake heavily even on tarmac  my rear constantly steps out.  I have my traction control at 5 my stability is turned off.  Do I need to adjust my car setup? If so what do I need to work on to fix this issue?  Thanks in advance.

Try making the rear ARB softer.
Also if you want to control the sliding better (what is rally about) is best to turn of the TC.

Also you say you break heavily. In a straight line you can break heavily, but if you turning and braking, than u need much more controlled braking.

This is also for high speed straight line braking, than you can fully brake maybe, but if get slower in a straight line, than you might put less brake, otherwise the brake force is stronger than the forward force, causing unstable braking.

Anyone had a car suddenly feel different between heats?

I played 2 events of rallycross in Triple Crown last night. I played with default VW setup. In the 1st event in heats 3 & 4 the car felt completely different to normal. Heavier with much more understeer. Semi's went back to normal, but then changes again for the final. ???
The 2nd event same again, but only in heat 4 & semi.
Don't know what to make of this.

The abs is actually making the rear come round on you.

Think about it, brakes are usually front biased, the abs is allowing you to jam on the brakes and get maximum braking force without sliding, so you are most likely just slamming the brake pedal/ controller button completely down. This in turn means the car is stopping as fast as it possibly can, shifting maximum weight to the front of the car and unsettling the back end, when using all the grip to brake, there isnt much left for lateral forces

Turn the abs off, or at least down, or bias the brakes to the rear slightly (not the front, the cars actually have weight and aero in D4, you need to keep the rear planted) and remember, even during racing, in any discipling, on any surface, drivers are very rarely 100% on any pedals, smooth and steady

Thanks to all who left comments.  I will give all these a go Loheac has never given me trouble.  That and Norway are my best tracks in dirt 4.