Sign in to follow this  

22/04/14

ahahah but if it is fast like gymkana mini cooper the times will not so long....ahhaaha...

But if you can to make it clean Loore at this time , tell me we speak for a new Grid game or for some new dlc for Grid 2 cause some guys say that this teaser is about some dlc for grid 2 with touring cars or some big patch like those of Grid's 1 patch 1.3, that changed a lot about game...

So not to be excited without any reason

I have some thoughts that this teaser could be about some free to play game maybe open world racing ....

If you can make clean just this!!

Hello rubyruby...yeah i love all of these tracks plus: Brno , Bathrust,Hungary,Monaco GP , catalunya , Interlagos and many more..:D

IMO, i'm not sure about having lotsa cars in the game, better have more circuits. At the end of the day most people use few best cars only. Would rather see resources spend on quality than quantity. Reading how Loore/Brit ask about cars or other things i doubt we get a game based on one particular racing series i.e. BTCC. 

That's one of the nice things about a wide range of race modes and tracks:  you have to use lots of cars.  GRID has specialty races for the Mazda 787B, LMP, FJ1000, TVR Tuscan Challenge, etc.  And where else do you get night races at Shibuya & Mt. Haruna, and day races at Istanbul Park and a time-scaled 24 Hours of LeMans with day and night laps, with four classes of cars and an AI team mate?

But heck, I would buy it if all Codies came up with was a SP real time 24 Hours of LeMans with AI team mates, pit stops and driver swaps as a GRID expansion pack.  To me that would be worth $50. by itself.

Frank

Loore said:
You'll have to wait and find out the details next Tuesday but...we listened. That's all I can say right now, we listened.
I am loving all this speculation from everyone else.
I can't wait to see what you guys have done since a certain date last year! ;)

Funny to find this one http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/652369-dirt-4  ;)

Well the very first sound of the teaser MUST be a gimmick (TukTuk)?
Anyway it sounds like a (rather bad adjusted) single/milliongear vehicle with a 2-cycle engine :D

I would like to see:
* Honda Accord - James Thompson and Peter Kox
* Audi A4 - Yvan Muller and John Bintcliffe
* Vauxhall Vectra - John Cleland and Derek Warwick
* Volvo S40 - Rickard Rydell and Gianni Morbidelli
* Ford Mondeo - Will Hoy, Craig Baird and Nigel Mansell*
* Nissan Primera - David Leslie and Anthony Reid
* Peugeot 406 - Tim Harvey and Paul Radisich
* Renault Laguna - Alain Menu and Jason Plato

As a bonus car it would be just awesome to see one of those old Volvo Sports Cars ! :p
Ain't she just a beauty?

Loore said:
You'll have to wait and find out the details next Tuesday but...we listened. That's all I can say right now, we listened.
please answer my 3 questions: 

will have rain? 
will have cockpit view? 
Directx 12? 

a hug :) 

Hmmm could it just be a classic Toca pack for Dirt2 something like what got done with F1 2013 ? then again when quizzing them on twitter it was kinda hinted at the next thing out would be for all platforms including last gen and next gen. So I go with Grid 3 Toca Driver

Nevertheless I want to admit, that GRID2 was cool arcade, better than majority of NFS sh :-@ t. The problem was that producers were positioning it like straight GRID1 sequel, while making completely another game.

So it was obvious that many fans would be disappointed.

Developers had to make it clear that GRID2 is an arcade spin-off like DiRT Showdown, so noone would complain about lost features or unreal physics. 

Don't stop to create cool arcades, just be honest with your customers what are you selling to them. That's all.

I was speaking to a mate yesterday about the announcement video, and he said that he thought the fact there was the hash-tag #RacingIsComing meant the new game is gonna be called 'Racing'. That would be cool :p

I was speaking to a mate yesterday about the announcement video, and he said that he thought the fact there was the hash-tag #RacingIsComing meant the new game is gonna be called 'Racing'. That would be cool :p
When we were thinking about the hash tags we had a list of what to use but the biggest problem with #rememberyourroots was that it didn't look right (blame the double R's), so we went with #RacingisComing - I think there was something about Joffrey in the email as well but we left that out of the video (it may have been accompanied with some naughty words).

Remember your roots. I know what you mean about the double R's though. But that's quite interesting acutually, hopefully that confirms that the new game will be going back to something similar to the old ToCA days perhaps.

I would like to see all options (i speak about online that is main reason i buy a game) and adjustements that toca 3 had...
Penalty system , gravel traps levels , coll on - of - only front etc - damage on off only visual , qualifying , pitstop, many car's classes , mini championships and not a single race only , all optional and adjustable!
Toca 3 is the game with best online settings and options i have ever played !!

I would like to see all options (i speak about online that is main reason i buy a game) and adjustements that toca 3 had...
Penalty system , gravel traps levels , coll on - of - only front etc - damage on off only visual , qualifying , pitstop, many car's classes , mini championships and not a single race only , all optional and adjustable!
Toca 3 is the game with best online settings and options i have ever played !!
Hey Miatakias,

As more of a GRID fan than a ToCA fan, I have to disagree about a GRID game with a penalty system.  I take it you're talking about track rules, flags, all that.  GRID's simplicity, including no penalty system, is a large part of it's appeal to me.  In GRID cutting corners has logical consequences usually causing a drop in speed if not an outright spinout or crash.  Not sim, more fun, just racing.  There are enough sims with track rules.  I think direct consequences are more appropriate to GRID's niche than track rules would be.  "It's all about the race."

On the other hand, persistent and accumulative damage that actually affects performance is another part of that - direct consequences to errors in judgment - and is a part of GRID that should definitely be kept in future GRID games.

Making everything adjustable is a great idea though.  A penalty system that could be turned off would probably appeal to a bigger market.  I have no idea how hard it would be to implement.  Same with pit stops.  But it does seem like trying to make GRID more like other racing games.  I would hate to see that.

But I contradict myself when I wish for a SP real time 24 Hours of LeMans with AI team mates and pit stops.

Frank

Nevertheless I want to admit, that GRID2 was cool arcade, better than majority of NFS sh :-@ t. The problem was that producers were positioning it like straight GRID1 sequel, while making completely another game.

So it was obvious that many fans would be disappointed.

Developers had to make it clear that GRID2 is an arcade spin-off like DiRT Showdown, so noone would complain about lost features or unreal physics. 

Don't stop to create cool arcades, just be honest with your customers what are you selling to them. That's all.

Can work your point of view,
I think if instead of Grid2 the name was Grid Showdown nobody would complain and keep waiting for the real grid2 (now we hope is the Grid3).
There is nothing of bad to make an arcade game, mistake is when you turn Grid into something else. (is like make a crysis 3d person only LOL)

My internet connection is back up to its usual low performance threshold, so I've been googling on those two recent visitors' names and looking/listening to the teaser again.  The visitors are both BTCC champs (remember I'm a Yank, this is news to me).  Also Rallycross, but the teaser displays the GRID background - so BTCC it is, or Touring Cars anyway.  Not DiRT, not ToCA.

Personally, I think a car expansion pack for GRID(08) with several touring cars to add to GRID's Lacetti and BMW 320si with a few new events on the original tracks would be just dandy.  Maybe a couple of new BTCC tracks.  But not likely.

So how about the same, but for G2?  More likely, no?  Then, what about the handling?  I don't know, but we'll all know in just three days.  But I'm pretty sure it's not lawn mowers or F1 or Rally.

Frank

P.S.  Oh yeah.  Cockpit view as well.  Maybe.

RubyRuby said:
I think direct consequences are more appropriate to GRID's niche than track rules would be.  "It's all about the race."
This. I actually hope that the consequences for cutting are more severe though this time though; even if a bit over the top, what about severe speed bumps (or 'sleeping policemen' as some would call them) in particularly easy cutting spots? That could be good material for a crash montage right there.

Hi ruby...ok for me penalty system is not necessary too , but if they include it , i prefer to b like in toca 3 (you had many options about it , severe or no , many flags like notifications , +10 sec in the end of race or even black flag) than grid's 2 penalty system that many times becomes unfair(some player have pushed me out of track  damaging me and i got penalty cause i went outside road in grass lol)
Ok last 4-5 years the best racing games i played were toca 3 and grid 1 so no really problem what next will be similar with...i love them both....lets see in 3 days :)

Hmm, well, hopefully it's not like grid 2. That game was a pretty big disappointment for me, and it sucked with a wheel because sliding was faster.

I'd much rather have dirt 4, so hopefully you guys have multiple teams at work lol. Will keep track of this though, if you really listened to the fans, then it could be a good game again.

Regarding DLC for this new game, make it so there's no matchmaking issues if only some of the players have the DLC. And perhaps make the DLC bigger, i.e. a whole championship, rather than a handful of cars.

I'm hoping the new game requires precision driving instead of 'chuck it in and let it slide'. Really hoping for a spiritual successor to the old ToCA games... After a chat I had on twitter with the Senior Brand Manager of GRID and DiRT, his hints have left me feeling very confident. :) We're in for a treat guys (and gals) I'm sure! :D

CarBoyCam said:
I'm hoping the new game requires precision driving instead of 'chuck it in and let it slide'. Really hoping for a spiritual successor to the old ToCA games... After a chat I had on twitter with the Senior Brand Manager of GRID and DiRT, his hints have left me feeling very confident. :) We're in for a treat guys (and gals) I'm sure! :D
I do like the term spiritual successor, does have a nice ring to it.