Sign in to follow this  

22/04/14

Loore said:
I do like the term spiritual successor, does have a nice ring to it.
If it's on the back of the new game, just put my name on the box will you? ;) Haha.

I do really hope this will include alot more tracks and cars than GRID 2 did, was quite disappointed with how small the track/car selection was.

And more customization when choosing tracks, like weather, time of day and other fancy stuff! :)

With DiRT, that's many games going back to their roots. ;)
One thing I don't want from Grid 1 is the class-limited track thing. It was annoying. If I wanted to race on Haruna in a LMP1 I'd have liked to be able to do it.

Mazda 787B at Okutama Grand Circuit does it for me.  And same car at La Sarthe ain't bad.

Frank

I never played Grid 1 and pre-ordered Grid 2 on the back of all the comments about how good the original was. I wasn't disappointed with the game when I played it in its first release, and I can only say that with every update the gameplay has improved, mainly due to CM following everyone's observations and suggestions of how the game should have been when it was first released.

If only the DLC tracks were incorporated in both the off line version, and the online version, this would have accounted for the cost of the DLC's. As it is, I have bought all the DLC content and only driven the new tracks a handful of times as the best fun you can have with Grid 2 is online against real, skilful drivers. I hope the new release will allow DLC's to be used in every part of the game, and that the playability is as good (none better by all accounts I have read) as the first incarnation, then it will be a winner.

Looking at tweets from Alex Harvey two championships in the game are BTCC and British GT and from the engine sounds in the trailer I can hear some touring car sounds as well as the GT car sounds.

RubyRuby said:
Mazda 787B at Okutama Grand Circuit does it for me. 

Frank

Always loved Okutama, from the Grand circuit to the drift, some of my favourite GRID 1 moments were there ;)

Yeah it is the future indeed railroad racing with special pre-order dlc a switch to pass the train in front of you.  

Yeah it is the future indeed railroad racing with special pre-order dlc a switch to pass the train in front of you.  

Thomas the Tank Engine livery would be the pre-order DLC.

Now I know where the first sound in the teaser came from.
It wasn't a TukTuk after all .. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKQwc7DMMYE&feature=youtu.be

hey loore, do you still have tiff needel onboard to do the voice work on this?
Afraid not, audio guys have done a fine job though, both in terms of cars and everything else in the game - nothing to worry about there :)

I'm afraid I have no idea what time the announcement is, but I would expect to see:
- A post on the Codies Blog detailing the announcement
- A forum post here about it, probably with a link to that Blog post
- A couple of Tweets with links to the announcement

I think it is essential in the game:

- The same physics of the GRID 1
Persistence of broken cars, pieces of cars, etc., on the track, no ghosts or car disappear after crash, or in other words: tha same of the GRID 1
- More european cars (I live in Brazil);
- More, more, more and moooore REAL circuits (F1 circuits of the 70's and 80's would be great)

Summarizing:

To have a blockbuster (and millions of happy and eternally grateful fans), the new game from CodeMasters (the best in car games in my opinion) must be the same as GRID 1 in physics, damage system and persistence of objects on the track, but with the addition of the things I mentioned (circuits).

I hope to see soon a substitute equal to the masterpiece called "RaceDriver: GRID" for XBOX ONE.

P.S.: I keep playing the multiplayer of "RaceDriver: GRID", every day since 2008, at least 4 hours per day for the XBOX 360 (I have over 9.000 hours of GRID multiplayer, including all my gamertags on Xbox Live).

My favorite lobby on GRID 1:

Ranked Match
Ragion: EUROPE
Event: EURO TOURING CARS
Damage: ON
Catch Up: OFF
Race Lenght: ANY
Collisions: ON
Driver Assists: ANY